• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

squicken

"elite" QB or not, it's hard to win SBs. You need a defense that's hot and a QB that's good enough to get you over the edge.

The one thing an elite QB does do for you is get regular season wins, which means you get more shots at the playoffs, which means you get more chances to strike it rich...

That's Belichick's theory. The playoffs are a dice roll, and the more times you roll the more likely it is that your number comes up

pffft justin smith AND aldon smith! don't forget kyle williams, mario manningham and kendall hunter all going on IR. you may not think the last 3 players mean anything but KW and MM going on IR meant we were extremely thin (AGAIN!) in the playoffs at WR. we basically played with 2 wr's: Moss & Crabtree. aj jenkins and teddy ginn were worthless.

hopefully it doesn't happen again this year because we have a full set of WR's and all of them look pretty good on paper (except aj jenkins)

AJ not being able to do anything is really a killer. It's funny the fan reaction vs media. Fans think he is done and will never be anything. Media all say it's too soon to tell, but they always hedge so they don't look dumb

I'm sure statistical factors, regression to the mean, yadda yadda yadda all spells doom, but until then...In Ted I Trust.

haha I'm not talking any of that. And you are never doomed with an elite QB unless you get caught putting bounties on folk. But it did seem like you guys had encountered a pretty big talent gulf on the lines compared to NYG and SF last year

AJ not being able to do anything is really a killer. It's funny the fan reaction vs media. Fans think he is done and will never be anything. Media all say it's too soon to tell, but they always hedge so they don't look dumb

haha I'm not talking any of that. And you are never doomed with an elite QB unless you get caught putting bounties on folk. But it did seem like you guys had encountered a pretty big talent gulf on the lines compared to NYG and SF last year

i just dont see it in aj jenkins. i'm no expert and don't claim to be but i would be absolutely shocked if he ever amounts to even a halfway decent #3 WR. harbaalkes worst draft pick by far :(

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
1. kap has accomlished more in his 10 game career than stafford has accomplished in 5 years or however long he has been losing for

No he hasn't. Stafford has been consistently great the last 32 games and has lead the Lions to at least 7 comeback victories during those last 32 games not even counting his epic game against the Browns. Stafford even lead the Lions to a playoff appearance three years after taking over the worst team in NFL history, at the age of 23.

Don't forget Kaep is older than Stafford, despite Stafford being drafted a year earlier because NFL scouts realized he was the best Quarterback in the 2009 draft, and has proven to be.

Kaep had time to sit and learn the offense meanwhile Stafford was starting Game 1 against the Saints at home after taking over the worst football team in NFL history. Check the stats, Stafford is a veteran at the age of 25, while Kaep hasn't even had a full season under his belt yet.

Despite all this, who would you rather have a beer with? A guy kissing his bicep in front of his lambo, or a regular dude just focused on Family and Football?

No he hasn't. Stafford has been consistently great the last 32 games and has lead the Lions to at least 7 comeback victories during those last 32 games not even counting his epic game against the Browns. Stafford even lead the Lions to a playoff appearance three years after taking over the worst team in NFL history, at the age of 23.

Don't forget Kaep is older than Stafford, despite Stafford being drafted a year earlier because NFL scouts realized he was the best Quarterback in the 2009 draft, and has proven to be.

Kaep had time to sit and learn the offense meanwhile Stafford was starting Game 1 against the Saints at home after taking over the worst football team in NFL history. Check the stats, Stafford is a veteran at the age of 25, while Kaep hasn't even had a full season under his belt yet.

Despite all this, who would you rather have a beer with? A guy kissing his bicep in front of his lambo, or a regular dude just focused on Family and Football?

1. kaepernick has the 2nd highest QB rating in NFL history through his first 10 starts (behind dan marino)

2. kaepernick has won multiple playoff games. how many has stafford won again?

3. stafford has 7 comeback playoff wins in his last 32 games but also has a losing record in his last 32 games

4. you say kaepernick got to sit and learn for a year. well, stafford got to actually get real game experience for years and still has managed to do nothing in this league than sling the ball around 50 times per game to inflate his worthless numbers.

5. stafford YPA = 6.8, kap YPA = 8.3. if kap put the ball up as much as stafford he would obliterate the all-time NFL record for passing in a season lulz

I wish I cared enough to go back to read FMT's thoughts about Kaepernick before he started. I'm pretty sure they were all negative

never said a bad word about him brotha. i always said harbs is the mastermind and i still stand firm on that. he can make any qb successful but when you take the brilliance of harbs and you add in the physical abilities of kap then you get a man mixture the likes of which the league has never seen

brentech

Stafford is a veteran at the age of 25, while Kaep hasn't even had a full season under his belt yet.
And yet his performance is already in a downward spiral.
or a regular dude just focused on Family and Football?
And body mass.

Particularly not the good kind.
at least 7 comeback victories during those last 32 games not even counting his epic game against the Browns.

Really. That's worth note?
tumblr_li563rbMQs1qhpzp8o1_400.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yeah I'm pretty sure at worst all FMT said was it was unfair that Alex lost his starter's position to Kaep because of the injury. Otherwise he was always behind him.

NHL playoffs are way more intense.

As far as the QB debate goes, just use Bradford as the line.

Stafford did worse than Bradford last year means he is a bad QB.

Kaep did better so he is a good one.

There is only one true C grade, only one 100 IQ, and it is Sam Bradford. Seriously, if you took all the QBs and compared them to Bradford, I bet there would be pretty minimal debate about who is bad and who is good

NHL playoffs are way more intense.

As far as the QB debate goes, just use Bradford as the line.

Stafford did worse than Bradford last year means he is a bad QB.

Kaep did better so he is a good one.

There is only one true C grade, only one 100 IQ, and it is Sam Bradford. Seriously, if you took all the QBs and compared them to Bradford, I bet there would be pretty minimal debate about who is bad and who is good

But also realize that Bradford has Calvin Johnson on his team and that's why he had a better season than stafford. Stafford has no one to throw to

overcast

Goddamn Kap looks like a twat kissing his bicep in front of that car.

Can't wait to watch the NFC West this year, shit is getting competitive.

h3ro

Wow, what a pompous douche. Kissing his weak bicep in front of his Lambo...what a humble guy. He seems real happy after losing a Superbowl, should be watching
Don't care for the rest of your little diatribe because we all know that Elisha is the best quarterback in the history of the sport and all others are irrelevant but the car is a Jaguar not a Lamborghini.

Something about Geno Smith I just can't stand. Poor dude hasn't even played a game and I can't stand em!
I had some respect for him initially. Once he became a Jet I lost half of it, and once he fired his agents and started acting like a typical Jet crybaby I lost the other half.

Fantomex

I had some respect for him initially. Once he became a Jet I lost half of it, and once he fired his agents and started acting like a typical Jet crybaby I lost the other half.

I thinks it's his heavy smug I can't put up with. This dude thinks he's really that good. Dez Bryant 2.0

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Bulaga's T-Rex arms are going to get AGod killed :(.

Can't be worse than Newhouse though. Just hate to fuck with Sitton when he's our best lineman, though.

In the comments in that article, someone said that Bulaga's arms are longer than Joe Thomas and Jake Long.

And moving our best guard to the left side is good right?

squicken

As much as Americans love Pollard for his great acts of heroism for our country, that's way too high. He keeps getting released for a reason

I thought Bulaga was solid?

Yeah it was sort of tongue in cheek. He was criticized for having short arms during the draft but he's very good. He's finally settled in at RT and I think that's his best fit but obviously moving him over to left would be better than our other options right now.

Top Bottom