• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

brentech

Ref called the fight too early. No way Jones would have survived a second round. I do not know how to post pics here, but if you google it is so nasty.

How was it called early? Sonnen wasn't even defending himself. Unless getting punched in the face over and over without trying to move is defense.

Hunter S.

How was it called early? Sonnen wasn't even defending himself. Unless getting punched in the face over and over without trying to move is defense.

It was intelligent defense. It was actually an embaressment to the orginization that it was called that soon. Usually only Herb Dean ruins fights, and calls them early, but this time another ref really failed, miserably.

jon-jones-broken-toe.jpg

Edit: I figured it out. Sweet!!!

1.gif

That to me is still intelligent defense.

brentech

You clearly didn't watch the fight, or you no nothing about MMA, Jon Snow. That shit wasn't intelligent.
That was just putting his hands over his face while someone blasted away at him. Not trying to escape or move to better position at the time the fight was stopped. Just wrapping us his head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70YNSFCn6Fg

But yes. If the fight went on Jon Jones would probably have a loss or No Contest, because if a doctor spotted it they would likely rule him unable to continue.

Hunter S.

You clearly didn't watch the fight, or you no nothing about MMA, Jon Snow. That shit wasn't intelligent.
That was just putting his hands over his face while someone blasted away at him. Not trying to escape or move to better position at the time the fight was stopped. Just wrapping us his head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70YNSFCn6Fg

But yes. If the fight went on Jon Jones would probably have a loss or No Contest, because if a doctor spotted it they would likely rule him unable to continue.

Wrong, watch the Gif. We will never agree. That is still defense. Most of the time they call it if the fighter is not even blocking with his arms as Chael clearly still is.

brentech

With or without the nasty toe injury with bone sticking out. His feet are gross. Although, I hate all feet regardless, but dems nasty.
Wrong, watch the Gif. We will never agree. That is still defense. Most time they call it if the fighter is not even blocking with his arms as Chael clearly still is.
Watching the gif or the feed doesn't change anything. The few seconds before he scrambled into the fence he was defending himself.

He was controlling arms, blocking shots, attempting to transition to better position.... That all stopped in the ending position. The only thing he maintained was keeping his own elbows over his face. Otherwise than that he was just turtling. No other form of intelligent defense was attempting. Anyone that's not concussed can put their hands over their face.

Again. You know nothing.

Hunter S.

With or without the nasty toe injury with bone sticking out. His feet are gross. Although, I hate all feet regardless, but dems nasty.

Watching the gif or the feed doesn't change anything. The few seconds before he scrambled into the fence he was defending himself.

He was controlling arms, blocking shots, attempting to transition to better position.... That all stopped in the ending position. The only thing he maintained was keeping his own elbows over his face. Otherwise than that he was just turtling. No other form of intelligent defense was attempting.

Again. You know nothing.

Alright, alright, if you like boring fights where the fighter has no chance to comeback due to a bad ref that is fine with me. If you watched enough UFC, fighters are beaten like that all the time then recover, and then win. Calling fights early like that ruins events.

Anyways, #teamValesquez Should be a good fight night!!!!

I feel bad for anyone watching that.
I agree, it won't be as impressive as their AFC Championship rematch.

Fixed, and me too. Can't wait for the season to start. I'll most likely me at that game, I always go to the home openers. Ill tell the Phins fans I know Darkest Red and Fantomex
Nice, it should be a fun game to watch live. There are a lot of unknowns with both teams. Maybe I'll just make the 8 hour drive and see it for myself!

Top Bottom