• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

bionic77

Is it considered letting me score when I dunk from the foul line?

Never! I just hate the LeBron hate.
I was talking about bball in real life dude, not NBA Jam on the Genesis in my parents basement (that does sound pretty badass though).

There won't be any dunking in our game. But I will reject the fuck out of every shot you take on the rare occasions you have the ball!

Narag

HAHA! You're going to the zoo with kids!!

I'm babysitting 6 kids right now....

Tell them horror stories to keep them entertained and in line. Y'know, stories like the killer in the backseat of the car, the phone call coming from inside of the house, or the QB with a noodle for an arm.

MechDX

Tell them horror stories to keep them entertained and in line. Y'know, stories like the killer in the backseat of the car, the phone call coming from inside of the house, or the QB with a noodle for an arm.

tumblr_m7r0q9DAD61rqk4xko1_r1_500.jpg

I have this poster sized outside their window.

Greg

I don't like your tone mister!

Fuck it I am going to sleep. Going to zoo tomorrow with kids.
Watch out for the gators!

But it's both good and just.
He's done and said some stupid things, but not enough to warrant the hate. He didn't rape anyone or beat his wife or anything.

I was talking about bball in real life dude, not NBA Jam on the Genesis in my parents basement (that does sound pretty badass though).

There won't be any dunking in our game. But I will reject the fuck out of every shot you take on the rare occasions you have the ball!
You can have basketball. We'll play best of 3 basketball/ping pong/tennis.

Who's staying up tonight for some Arrested Development?

I am drinking jagr and energy drinks all night to make sure I can stay up for it. This is one of the best moments ever. I also just found out that our offer was accepted on our dream house in Vegas. I have been looking for a house for like a month and it keeps not working out for what ever reason. Man today is kicking all kinds of ass.

Greg

I am drinking jagr and energy drinks all night to make sure I can stay up for it. This is one of the best moments ever. I also just found out that our offer was accepted on our dream house in Vegas. I have been looking for a house for like a month and it keeps not working out for what ever reason. Man today is kicking all kinds of ass.
Congrats man!

JABEE

i'm so glad its back but also scared that it will be shitty. gives me the same feeling when one of my favorite bands from the 70's/80's/90's releases new music!

It's only been 8 years since it has been off the air, but I get what you're saying. It's hard to recreate the magic and chemistry they had. Who knows if AD wouldn't have declined in quality after S3.

One show I think deserved to have more than one season is Freaks and Geeks, but they could never revive that. The kids are too old now. Too bad.

High five buddy. Missed you in the baseball thread.

I haven't been posting as much. I usually post a lot more when I'm discussing possible moves the Phillies could make, but the only moves they can make are selling moves. The team is so inconsistent this season and I don't see it getting better.

Utley will be gone, my optimism regarding Howard has leveled out, and the pitching staff isn't as feared as it has been for the past 3 seasons. I wish there were young players coming up to replace some of the old guys, but there is basically Dom Brown and Freddy Galvis.

Dom has been hitting for power this season, but is still rusty in the field. I'm excited for Galvis, who has shown he can hit for average and field at a high level. I think resigning Rollins was a mistake. They should have went after Aramis Ramirez and let Galvis fill the Rollins hole.

I think the Phillies might have the worst outfield in baseball. Ben Revere has been putrid. Not only is he terrible at hitting and getting on base, he also has made some stupid plays in the outfield. I think he needs glasses out in center field. Delmon Young. That says it all.

The Phillies acquisition of talent in both the minors and major league level has stagnated. The Phillies have resorted to filling holes that could be filled by young players with useless, one-off veterans that do nothing to help this team succeed now and in the future. I'm not optimistic at all about the future of the team. That is coming from Mr. Optimism regarding the Phillies.

Big change is needed in the front-office and in the dugout. Move out the players you can and hope you will be able to compete soon. Their Television contract is expiring soon. If they don't start performing, that revenue is going to keep dipping on the next deal. I don't see that many great free agents hitting the market again. It's going to be a tough rebuild if they continue to play like a middle-of-the-road team with the payroll of a contender.

It's only been 8 years since it has been off the air, but I get what you're saying. It's hard to recreate the magic and chemistry they had. Who knows if AD wouldn't have declined in quality after S3.

One show I think deserved to have more than one season is Freaks and Geeks, but they could never revive that. The kids are too old now. Too bad.

freaks and geeks was awesome. they've talked about doing a movie over the years but i just don't think it will ever happen. a few of them are pretty well known now

Dude Jaybee Phils always own the 2nd half plus the Nats are garbage this year. I really think they will get a WC spot and then they will be a scary team to face.

JABEE

freaks and geeks was awesome. they've talked about doing a movie over the years but i just don't think it will ever happen. a few of them are pretty well known now
Yeah. Seth Rogen, James Franco, and Jason Segel are pretty big names now, but I don't think it would be hard to get them to take the project. Most of them are in that Rapture Movie. Where did you read them talking about a movie? I don't know how they could do it since they are all in their 30s now.

Edit: Wow. Harris from Freaks and Geeks is a video game journalist for VICE now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIaj6qMYcYM

Dude Jaybee Phils always own the 2nd half plus the Nats are garbage this year. I really think they will get a WC spot and then they will be a scary team to face.

I know the Wild Card could mean anything, but the teams in the Central are probably going to clog up the WC spots. I know it could change at any instance though.

Usually only Herb Dean ruins fights, and calls them early, but this time another ref really failed, miserably.
Every time people bitch about Herb stopping early I laugh. Dumbest shit ever.

He got the most heat after Tito/Sham and for the rematch Sham phoned it in. That crazy fool wasnt even in his hotel room by 5 am.

People love talking shit

Milchjon

So are the new episodes of AD any good?

Don't wanna check the thread for fear of spoilage.

Edit: haha

"mark cerny sony steve jobs?"

squicken

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=stuart_starting_point_qb_proj

A historical look at length of TD passes and whether certain types are most sustainable than others

For every one-yard touchdown pass in Year N, expect 0.70 touchdowns in Year N+1

For every two-to-five-yard touchdown pass in Year N, expect 0.56 touchdowns in Year N+2

For every six-to-ten-yard touchdown pass in Year N, expect 0.77 touchdowns in Year N+2

For every 11-to-20-yard touchdown pass in Year N, expect 0.70 touchdowns in Year N+2

For every 21-to-30-yard touchdown pass in Year N, expect 0.22 touchdowns in Year N+2

For every 31-to-50-yard touchdown pass in Year N, expect 0.33 touchdowns in Year N+2

For every 50+ yard touchdown pass in Year N, expect 0.33 touchdowns in Year N+2

It's written from a fantasy football angle, but has some numbers on who benefited from long TDs last year, and who didn't. Amazingly, Christian Ponder had 0 TD passes longer than 20 yards, even with stacked boxes for Peterson

jakncoke

Banned

I haven't been posting as much. I usually post a lot more when I'm discussing possible moves the Phillies could make, but the only moves they can make are selling moves. The team is so inconsistent this season and I don't see it getting better.

Utley will be gone, my optimism regarding Howard has leveled out, and the pitching staff isn't as feared as it has been for the past 3 seasons. I wish there were young players coming up to replace some of the old guys, but there is basically Dom Brown and Freddy Galvis.

Dom has been hitting for power this season, but is still rusty in the field. I'm excited for Galvis, who has shown he can hit for average and field at a high level. I think resigning Rollins was a mistake. They should have went after Aramis Ramirez and let Galvis fill the Rollins hole.

I think the Phillies might have the worst outfield in baseball. Ben Revere has been putrid. Not only is he terrible at hitting and getting on base, he also has made some stupid plays in the outfield. I think he needs glasses out in center field. Delmon Young. That says it all.

The Phillies acquisition of talent in both the minors and major league level has stagnated. The Phillies have resorted to filling holes that could be filled by young players with useless, one-off veterans that do nothing to help this team succeed now and in the future. I'm not optimistic at all about the future of the team. That is coming from Mr. Optimism regarding the Phillies.

Big change is needed in the front-office and in the dugout. Move out the players you can and hope you will be able to compete soon. Their Television contract is expiring soon. If they don't start performing, that revenue is going to keep dipping on the next deal. I don't see that many great free agents hitting the market again. It's going to be a tough rebuild if they continue to play like a middle-of-the-road team with the payroll of a contender.

You post when you get drunk off delusion and think Phillies are better than they are

Hunter S.

Watch out for the gators!

He's done and said some stupid things, but not enough to warrant the hate. He didn't rape anyone or beat his wife or anything.

You can have basketball. We'll play best of 3 basketball/ping pong/tennis.

Every time people bitch about Herb stopping early I laugh. Dumbest shit ever.

He got the most heat after Tito/Sham and for the rematch Sham phoned it in. That crazy fool wasnt even in his hotel room by 5 am.

People love talking shit
Boo, you are a terrible human and fan Bucket head. Boooooooooo!!!

oh, and my head feels like Chans does every morning all hangover.

Edit: Greg you we're accidentally quoted
. lulza.

Greg

"What's a salad?"
:jnc

glad to see med school hasn't stripped you of your humor

I haven't been in this thread for awhile, and I see Bionic with a Brady avatar? What, what planet am I on?
His true feelings were revealed. Although he had to settle for the Brady avatar because the Jordan one he wanted to use was taken by someone else on the boards.

Edit: Greg you we're accidentally quoted
. lulza.
I forgive you. This time.

:jnc

glad to see med school hasn't stripped you of your humor

His true feelings were revealed. Although he had to settle for the Brady avatar because the Jordan one he wanted to use was taken by someone else on the boards.

I forgive you. This time.

Jordan is in the avatar as well! And BB.

Top Bottom