• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

TMZ reports Maurice Jones-Drew has been charged with misdemeanor battery after punching a security guard in a Florida nightclub.
MJD is accused of punching a bouncer in the left cheek, knocking him out. The fight allegedly started when Jones-Drew's friend was told to stop touching a female patron. MJD's friend slapped the bouncer on the chest, starting a fight, and was put into a headlock by the security guard who was then KO'ed by Pocket Hercules. Jones-Drew has not been available for comment.
Never seen a team try so hard for the number one pick before the season even starts.

Vyroxis

Banned
Shame there are not many twitter accounts covering Viking OTAs.

I need those pointless nuggets. All I got is that Webb's hands were looking good, he just cant run routes.

Webb was always decent at catching the ball. Which is why it always confused the hell out of me why they put him at QB. His strengths were down the feild, not behind the center.

Nicks is coming home to Carolina anyway to take the mantle of top receiver from Steve Smith ;p He'll give the Panthers a hometown discount!

Completely possible if his demands are too high. Giants want him, but yeah if he wants Wallace money they'll set him free. :jnc at the hometown discount, though. He has another season like 2011 and he's getting paid.:)

I'm watching Mad Men, this is a glorified soap opera isn't it? I do love that everyone drinks on this show.
If by glorified soap opera you mean one of the best shows on television, sure! It's certainly an acquired taste but there's a combination of period piece and strongly written characters that should make it required viewing IMO.

bionic77

If gay people want to be miserable by getting married, then by all means let them be miserable being married.

This place gets offended way too easily. I hate everyone almost equally (Pats fans are the worst)
Agreed on all points. And I especially hate the internet outrage over AP.

We are such a lazy fucking society. If the protest or outrage is easy, then millions will pour onto to Facebook, twitter or messageboards to voice their disgust. But if we actually have to do something, like maybe give up our cell phones to protest the way they are made, then it gets silent all of a sudden.

Not that AP is right or should get a pass, but it is annoying how predictable and shitty we are as a people. The internet and Patriot fans remind me of that everyday, but still depressing.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AdamSchefter
Raiders HC Dennis Allen said 1st-rd pick DJ Hayden has been hospitalized with an abdominal injury. Disconcerting.

yikes. thats not good.

squicken

AdamSchefter
Raiders HC Dennis Allen said 1st-rd pick DJ Hayden has been hospitalized with an abdominal injury. Disconcerting.

yikes. thats not good.

hope he's okay. i guess i thought that the old injury was a fluke thing with no further complications, and that the hard part would be mental?

Kenny Phillips missed Eagles OTA today with knee issues. Though reports are it's nothing serious but well, bears watching considering his history.

Feel bad for the guy, really. Has the ability to be one of the top safeties in the game if his knee hadn't gone to shit.

ChanHuk

Banned
What is C Diff?

And why doesn't Gronk have it?

Clostridium difficile. Bacteria that grows in your guts resulting in "explosive violent diarrhea".

Gronk can get it if he goes ass to mouth and then makes out with whatever STD ridden chick he was with. Or if he tongue punches her bumhole.

bionic77

Clostridium difficile. Bacteria that grows in your guts resulting in "explosive violent diarrhea".

Gronk can get it if he goes ass to mouth and then makes out with whatever STD ridden chick he was with. Or if he tongue punches her bumhole.
Sounds disgusting.

Which means that Gronk probably gets it twice a year.

squicken

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m
Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie said CB DJ Hayden underwent abdominal procedure last week to have scar tissue removed.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Anyone know any good ab workouts if you have lower back pain in general? God I can't even tell you guys how much better I feel after a few days of working out. The motivation finally kicked in after a 2 year hiatus.

Also Godspeed, Godslay.

bionic77

What is more dangerous. Being bitten by a Komodo Dragon or being kissed/touched/penetrated by Gronk?

I would imagine that Gronk now carries more disease and should probably be quarantined.

jakncoke

Banned
You say this as though it's a bad thing. Sitcoms generally follow that 22-24 episode format even to this day, no?

I dont know, i usually dont pay attention to season lengths. I know im tired of Sam and Diane of being a thing so hopefully that basically stays away.

ChanHuk

Banned
Sounds disgusting.

Which means that Gronk probably gets it twice a year.

Eh it is contagious since most people don't properly wash their hands, its also one of those things that once you're an C-DIFF offender, you're always an offender.

So protip, if you ever have to be in the hospital, tell the triage that you've been around people with MRSA and/or C-DIFF.

C-Dif apparently sucks enough that it's the #1 checklist item on any gastrointestinal problem. But it's treatable which is a fair bit better than a lot of other issues on the list.

ChanHuk

Banned
C-Dif apparently sucks enough that it's the #1 checklist item on any gastrointestinal problem. But it's treatable which is a fair bit better than a lot of other issues on the list.

Its highly treatable, actually a lot of people have it naturally in their colon. At least its not Whipple's.

jakncoke

Banned
The shittier part is that you have to be on antibiotics for a year.

Wont that make you not be able to use several antibotics ever again? or a long time. I think i heard/read that somewhere if you used a specific antibotic long enough it no longer helped you

ChanHuk

Banned
Wont that make you not be able to use several antibotics ever again? or a long time. I think i heard/read that somewhere if you used a specific antibotic long enough it no longer helped you

Uh biggest problem today is that antibiotics are abused. So bacteria has become resistant to just about everything. Especially since nowadays you go to the hospital, ER doc says fuck it, give him vancomycin and admit him so he's another doc's problem. Vancomycin can shut down your kidneys, it used to be a drug of last resort but its handed out like candy nowadays. People also don't finish their course of antibiotics not killing off the bacteria causing the problem entirely adding to their virulence.

Your GI doc will start you on a regime of antibiotics and then switch you over to a different regime after the bacteria becomes resistant to the antibiotic. The standard treatment for TB is I think 8 months? You're on 3 different antibiotics during those 8 months.

Milchjon

Kave, can you please get over this? Current Kave cat is depressing. Plus, it's not like you expected the Leafs to be this good anyway.

bionic77

That Sonic game looks like a complete Galaxy ripoff. Can't believe it took this long for someone to copy the best games of the generation.

Top Bottom