• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

NFL.com have a story up on Hakeem Nicks and the contract reports that have been flying about:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...eem-nicks-willing-to-play-out-rookie-contract

Nicks' silence has been by design. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" on Monday that Nicks is in no hurry to negotiate with Giants and essentially wants to approach the situation as the "anti-Cruz." More than willing to play out his contract, according to a person informed of his thinking, Nicks will allow the Giants to come to him with a proposal.

The highlighted lost me. Cruz has done about as well as a player can do in his situation. He came in and played last year (the last year of his contract) on an UDFA contract for pennies after a monster year. He followed it up with another productive season and he's been dealing with the team on this contract extension in pretty good faith. He's not bad mouthed the team in public. He's not taken to negotiating the contract in public either. He's been completely silent on the matter.

I don't know what "anti-Cruz" means but apparently it's the opposite of handling a contract negotiation the right way?

EDIT: 2014 Draft date set:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 1m

Draft date set. It's May 8, 9, 10

Fantomex

Man, I can't wait for Football season. Game of thrones will be over soon, No Vikings show till next year, No Soccer for months, and who cares about baseball anyway. The only game I'm playing is Ni No Kuni and I'll be done hopefully in a month. Need some entertainment, I don't go on the TV as it is.

ChanHuk

Banned
Man, I can't wait for Football season. Game of thrones will be over soon, No Vikings show till next year, No Soccer for months, and who cares about baseball anyway. The only game I'm playing is Ni No Kuni and I'll be done hopefully in a month. Need some entertainment, I don't go on the TV as it is.

Don't worry, you're gonna have a parasite to deal with in a couple months. Youl'll be busy arranging playdates other couples' parasites.

Shame there are not many twitter accounts covering Viking OTAs.

I need those pointless nuggets. All I got is that Webb's hands were looking good, he just cant run routes.

Fantomex

Don't worry, you're gonna have a parasite to deal with in a couple months. Youl'll be busy arranging playdates other couples' parasites.

I've done this before son, I'm getting the best nanny minimum wage will buy. Maybe one of your aunts or one of mine. I'm hoping for a 3ds deal before E3.

ChanHuk

Banned
I've done this before son, I'm getting the best nanny minimum wage will buy. Maybe one of your aunts or one of mine. I'm hoping for a 3ds deal before E3.

You can get a 3DS XL at Target for $175 right now. I'll babysit your kid for a fifth of Buffalo Trace.

The Draft will remain at Radio City Music Hall in 2014. Nothing set in 2015 as of yet. The Draft may be on the move to another location post-2014.

Nothing else changes on the league calendar year in 2014. The only dates moved are for the draft. FA, start of the league year, etc. are all the same.

Fantomex

You can get a 3DS XL at Target for $175 right now. I'll babysit your kid for a fifth of Buffalo Trace.

Man, I would take you up on that, but we both know you won't pass the background check you degenerate. Sides, I don't want to be responsible for your 3rd downward spiral in 6 months focker. You heathen.

ChanHuk

Banned
Man, I would take you up on that, but we both know you won't pass the background check you degenerate. Sides, I don't want to be responsible for your 3rd downward spiral in 6 months focker. You heathen.

You say that now, but when you need a babysitter, you'll come crying. That's when I make my power move and demand a bottle of Lagavulin for my services.

Fantomex

You say that now, but when you need a babysitter, you'll come crying. That's when I make my power move and demand a bottle of Lagavulin for my services.

You're gonna take this cheap Ralphs Vodka and you'll like it too. I've seen the wire. You'll be asking for Turpentine by June.

105835.jpg

P.S. You know your liquor, you drunkard.

jakncoke

Banned
The Draft will remain at Radio City Music Hall in 2014. Nothing set in 2015 as of yet. The Draft may be on the move to another location post-2014.

Nothing else changes on the league calendar year in 2014. The only dates moved are for the draft. FA, start of the league year, etc. are all the same.

Would this be a first if it set at another location?

Fantomex

Fuck that, if it ain't whisky I'm not drinking it.

I need to finish The Wire, I'm on the last season.

It's really good bro. I'm still on season 4. I'm taking advantage of having HBO right now for Game of Thrones and just using their On Demand service to watch every episode of The Wire as well. Me and the wife must of watched 8 episodes this weekend.

Would this be a first if it set at another location?
No. The location of the draft changed quite a bit since its inception if memory serves. (quick Wiki search puts the first draft in 1936 as being held at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Philadelphia).

Radio City Music Hall did not begin hosting the draft until 2006.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Draft

The reason for moving back this year seems to be a scheduling conflict with Radio City Music Hall but I've seen conflicting reports on that.

ChanHuk

Banned
It's really good bro. I'm still on season 4. I'm taking advantage of having HBO right now for Game of Thrones and just using their On Demand service to watch every episode of The Wire as well. Me and the wife must of watched 8 episodes this weekend.

omar-indeed.jpg

Keyshawn Johnson isn't a Belieber

It turns out that Bieber and former NFL receiver Keyshawn Johnson are neighbors, and they’re feuding over Bieber’s propensity for driving his Ferrari at breakneck speeds through their gated community.

Johnson called the cops on Bieber on Sunday night, according to TMZ, and Johnson also attempted to confront Bieber after Bieber sped past him while Johnson was driving his child home.

The confrontation didn’t take place, however, because when Johnson pulled into Bieber’s driveway, Bieber went inside and refused to come out.

NFL.com have a story up on Hakeem Nicks and the contract reports that have been flying about:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...eem-nicks-willing-to-play-out-rookie-contract

The highlighted lost me. Cruz has done about as well as a player can do in his situation. He came in and played last year (the last year of his contract) on an UDFA contract for pennies after a monster year. He followed it up with another productive season and he's been dealing with the team on this contract extension in pretty good faith. He's not bad mouthed the team in public. He's not taken to negotiating the contract in public either. He's been completely silent on the matter.

I don't know what "anti-Cruz" means but apparently it's the opposite of handling a contract negotiation the right way?

EDIT: 2014 Draft date set:
So... which would be worse: Nicks as an Eagle, or as a Cowboy?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Alright, one of you motherfuckers has to be responsible for this image, tell me you had filled in "Joshua Freeman" for the applicant name:

ivAz2I0.jpg

Crisco

Banned
On the bright side, the later draft ill make the wait between the draft and the start of the season more bearable. Or less bearable if you're a Cowboys/Raiders fan.

So... which would be worse: Nicks as an Eagle, or as a Cowboy?
Eagle by far. They have the cap space to do it, too. Cowboys will be tied up in cap issues with the amount of contracts they've reworked this season.

Though frankly, Eagles have Jackson and will likely resign Maclin before it came to that. Other WR needy teams would likely pay him Wallace money if he hit the market.

sanic3icdb.gif

MY WIENER!
Looks nice! Sonic Generations was pretty decent, I thought. Be nice to have another good Sonic title about.

Bowser

Eagle by far. They have the cap space to do it, too. Cowboys will be tied up in cap issues with the amount of contracts they've reworked this season.

Though frankly, Eagles have Jackson and will likely resign Maclin before it came to that. Other WR needy teams would likely pay him Wallace money if he hit the market.

Nicks is coming home to Carolina anyway to take the mantle of top receiver from Steve Smith ;p He'll give the Panthers a hometown discount!

Top Bottom