• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

colin-kaepernick-packers1.jpg

this picture disgusts me

Fantomex

So I beat Shadar in Ni No Kuni and I'm level 85, I feel hella powerful in this here endgame. I CAN FEEL IT FLOWWWW THROUGH MEEEEEEEE

frnXxyM.gif.pagespeed.ce.r922DOE7HG.gif

squicken

So I have o choose between the Penguins and the Bruins? Luckiest fans vs most obnoxious? See sports is 90% torture. Only douchers get to enjoy it routinely

So I have o choose between the Penguins and the Bruins? Luckiest fans vs most obnoxious? See sports is 90% torture. Only douchers get to enjoy it routinely

Yeah there really is no team left to root for, I will just root against the Pens since I think them winning would be the worst. I also hate the idea of Richards, Carter, or Williams winning another cup but everyone knows its all Quick anyways so I guess it isnt that bad.

squicken

Damn. GTX 770 just killed any chance of selling my 680 for a decent return. If 680s start falling on ebay, may do my first SLI. Still waiting on Haswell, though

eznark

Banned
Damn. GTX 770 just killed any chance of selling my 680 for a decent return. If 680s start falling on ebay, may do my first SLI. Still waiting on Haswell, though

Fuck yeah. I use a 1080p monitor and have been on a 570 but I will probably grab the 770 asap at that price.

Just ordered a 780. The Titan was calling but I decided to be a bit more economical as I'll end up paying $350 or so for it after selling my 680.

eznark

Banned
Just ordered a 780. The Titan was calling but I decided to be a bit more economical as I'll end up paying $350 or so for it after selling my 680.

I was going to go 780 but I've been so pleased with the 570 that I didn't really see the need to go the 780 route. What pushed you that way?

squicken

Seahawks Culture

This time, it has nothing to do with performance-enhancing drugs, but yet another Seattle Seahawks player has run into off-the-field trouble.

SeattlePI.com reported Thursday that guard John Moffitt missed Tuesday's organized team activity gathering because of a court hearing tied to charges of trespassing and obstruction of justice.

This time, it has nothing to do with performance-enhancing drugs, but yet another Seattle Seahawks player has run into off-the-field trouble.

SeattlePI.com reported Thursday that guard John Moffitt missed Tuesday's organized team activity gathering because of a court hearing tied to charges of trespassing and obstruction of justice.

Bellevue, Wash., police report that Moffitt -- banned for a year from the city's Bellevue Square mall as of January 2012 -- resurfaced at the shopping center last June, where he was spotted allegedy urinating beside a parked vehicle outside Paddy Coyne's bar.

As police went on a search for Moffitt, they encountered two "very large males" running along a nearby street. Authorities directed Moffitt to stop, but instead he allegedly fled into a building at the Washington Square condos.

A Bellevue Square security officer later positively identified Moffitt, who was charged with criminal trespass and obstruction, a pair of misdemeanors. To make matters worse, Moffitt was reportedly caught trespassing in August at the city's Lincoln Square mall, yet another venue the behemoth has been banned from.

The Seahawks organization does not have access to a time machine. The court date is for events that occurred last year.

What? I was saying I'm glad that it helped since there have been no incidents like this one since the meeting. The meeting did its job and the misfit Seahawks are getting the help they need from vets like marshawn lynch, Brandon browner, dick Sherman, golden Tate, John moffitt and all the other upstanding vets who never did nobody no wrong!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
What? I was saying I'm glad that it helped since there have been no incidents like this one since the meeting. The meeting did its job and the misfit Seahawks are getting the help they need from vets like marshawn lynch, Brandon browner, dick Sherman, golden Tate, John moffitt and all the other upstanding vets who never did nobody no wrong!
Keep digging that hole!

squicken

Sherman said it's all random and that it just looks bad b/c it's all clumped together. If only he would have taken the Adderall during school

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I dunno, knowing that Sherman majored in Communications at Stanford makes me wonder if he's not some The Onion joke gone out of control.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Is the NFL offseason the longest in all sports or does it just feel like it?

Actually as I type this I realize it's probably because unlike the other sports there isn't any national tournaments or competitions that go on to pass the time.

bionic77

:jnc

Totally.

Smoking some ribs on the weber today gentleman! First bbq of the summer. If only there was some football to watch
We have already grilled a few times this year.

Grilling is the best. Lately we are grilling some kebobs with peppers and onions. Usually do some burgers as well. Fucking fantastic!

Going to get the wife to fry up some chicken one of these days too. Been too long since I last had some good fried chicken, I think my arteries have probably healed up from the last time so I am good to go! Next to go to the butcher and get some steaks too.

Also second on grilled food with football. Such a perfect combination. I will have to settle for Caillou and NBA playoffs!

squicken

Actually as I type this I realize it's probably because unlike the other sports there isn't any national tournaments or competitions that go on to pass the time.

It is, but it's also worse b/c the other sports mostly suck, so who cares if it's offseason or not for them

Talon

NFL has the longest. From early February all the way to August.

Baseball: November to April (I guess late March in Japan)
Basketball: June to October
Hockey: June to October

International Soccer has the shortest offseason. Must be less than two months nowadays, and that's not including all the bullshit friendlies sprinkled along early summer. Late May to mid-August. Even shorter if you're playing late into the Europa and CL.

bionic77

11 year olds can play and will like pretty much anything.

I would suggest helping this kid man the fuck up and getting him/her Kid Icarus. That would speed the process up of the balls dropping and that toughness might help save a kid from a life of being like Dutch and the other Pat fans.

I dont know. Their most famout bad fan incident is booing Santa Claus. Ours is (maybe a tie) fan/team riots on 10 cent beer night and an entire stadium throwing bottles of beer onto the field at the refs.

There is no point giving a serious reply to gata. The Santa claus things happen 50 years ago but he still brings it up.

Well the regular season + post season is only 5 1/2 months long.

Top Bottom