• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Seachickens, Falcons, yall better get ready. Kave is starting small, but he's gonna work his way up to you guys.

rFcH6gS.jpg

Thats right I am edumacated haters.

bionic77

Caillou by inches. Man I couldn't stand Caillou.
Nah gators can get pretty big.

The better question is who is more stupid. Caillou or a giant reptile with a brain the size of a peanut?

I also hate Caillou btw. He is really a black mark on Canada's reputation. What a fucking brat. I keep praying for his parents to smack him for being such a twat, but it never happens. :(

I actually agree, though I'd like them to start in December, play 50 games, and be done by the end of March. I loved the season this year. For someone who doesn't have a team it's tough to follow a 9 month season.

I agree as well, though I wouldn't mind if they started in Nov. But they do need to end it earlier.

squicken

bionic, no self-respecting Tebow fan lets his kid watch Canadian Educational TV. Ain't not Callibu or whatever the fuck in the Bible

bionic77

bionic, no self-respecting Tebow fan lets his kid watch Canadian Educational TV. Ain't not Callibu or whatever the fuck in the Bible
Nothing educational about Caillou.

We don't let my kids watch a lot of tv, but for the 30 minutes in the afternoon when my wife lets them watch Sprout they have been watching Caillou, which they prefer even to Sesame Street.

I hate that little bald fucker. He sucks at everything! What kind of message is Canada sending to our children?

squicken

We don't let my kids watch a lot of tv, but for the 30 minutes in the afternoon when my wife lets them watch Sprout they have been watching Caillou, which they prefer even to Sesame Street.

I hate that little bald fucker. He sucks at everything! What kind of message is Canada sending to our children?

So it's like the CFL of children's TV?

I'm still laughing at this line.

Hunter S.

Mine is a pretty hardcore hockey family and I was stunned that all of them totally agreed with me. The problem is that the NHL pretty much only generates revenue from the gates. And drastically reducing the number of tickets available would probably kill the league unless the more compact season resulted in a higher TV deal.
Hard to say what would get more viewers for better deals in the US. I do know that last year more games were shown is US resulting in higher ratings at least early on. Have not looked at this year, but big market or high offense teams all made it through so I am sure ratings could easily be higher this year. And, yeah,they have to work hard to keep profits high enough in a lot of markets so they need a lot of games. Maybe, if you're lucky Wisconsin will get a team if the NHL tries to expand like it is rumored. The only major thing needed is a NHL quality arena.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Sony chief executive Kazuo Hirai said today that the PlayStation 4 will differ from Microsoft’s Xbox One, which is being pitched as an all-in-one entertainment box in the living room.

“I fundamentally believe that the initial market that we need to make sure we appeal to with any new platform … is really the gaming audience,” Hirai said. “They will be the supporters of your platform and they will help propel the installed base.”

He spoke at the D11 conference hosted by AllThingsD. He was joined by Jed York, the chief executive and owner of the San Francisco 49ers, and they talked about the fan experience Sony is helping to create for the 49ers’ new high-tech stadium in Santa Clara. He made the remarks in response to a question from moderator Walt Mossberg of the Wall Street Journal.

Does this make fmt a fanboy?

eznark

Banned
Hard to say what would get more viewers for better deals in the US. I do know that last year more games were shown is US resulting in higher ratings at least early on. Have not looked at this year, but big market or high offense teams all made it through so I am sure ratings could easily be higher this year. And, yeah,they have to work hard to keep profits high enough in a lot of markets so they need a lot of games. Maybe, if your lucky Wisconsin will get a team if the NHL tries to expand like it is rumored. The only major thing needed is a NHL quality arena.

They almost got the Whalers but that ship has sailed. Taxpayers fought tooth and nail against Miller Park and that was for an existing beloved institution. No chance they'd foot the bill for another stadium

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I apologize that Canada produced that bald piece of shit Caillou.

His parents need to slap the shit out of his whiny ass.

bionic77

I apologize that Canada produced that bald piece of shit Caillou.

His parents need to slap the shit out of his whiny ass.
It's ok. Apology accepted.

No ones perfect. As bad as Caillou is we can't say shit having given the world Tammy and MJ. Sorry guys!

Top Bottom