• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Milchjon

And now from the Slo school of parenting

jay-cutler-pic9yyqf.jpg

I wanna be like Slo when I grow up.

squicken

Bucs and Pats Coaches Will Huddle for Offseason Strategy Session, Even Though They Play Each Other Week 3

New ways to cheat

Although the two coaching staffs will be squaring off in Week 3 of the 2013 regular season, the friendship and bonds shared by New England head coach Bill Belichick and his Tampa Bay counterpart, Greg Schiano, will produce a rather unconventional twist next week when Schiano and six members of his coaching staff will travel to Foxboro and meet to go over coaching topics and techniques with Belichick and his assistants, SI.com has learned.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nf...chiano-visiting-bill-belichick/#ixzz2SFx91R8x

I wanna be like Slo when I grow up.

And Jay Cutler?

Hunter S.

If Tebow was black he wouldn't even had the 2nd and 3rd chances he already has had. Elway wouldn't have been forced to start him thanks to the fanbase in Denver while he was #3 or #4 on the depth chart. If Tebow was black he wouldn't have fans.
To be fair, Tebow's early popularity in Denver was because of his strong religious beliefs and his good looks, amongst a strong collegiate career. Basically, he had, and still has more going for him than most people no mattern skin color. New York is just so full of scum and villiany that they spat on him like he was a used up crack whore. There was by no means much of a second chance more than any other one season successful quarterback in the NFL. It just looks different because Timbow became a national phenomenon of hope and altruism that chubs Mcgristle Ryan just could not comprehend in that fat noodle head of his.

bionic77

I'd love to be like Jay Cutler. He's got beer, and I don't.
You want to be like Jay Cutler? That's easy.

Step one, try to be someone great like Tebow or Joe Montana.
Step two, when the goal is in your grasp just quit and sulk on the sidelines like a bitch and watch glory pass you by!

Let me know if you want to be like Tom Brady. That is also a 2 step process. Requires some tools though. Some strong scissors (strong enough to say cut a garden hose in half) and the blood of an innocent animal (that is best to get Satans attention).

Milchjon

You want to be like Jay Cutler? That's easy.

Step one, try to be someone great like Tebow or Joe Montana.
Step two, when the goal is in your grasp just quit and sulk on the sidelines like a bitch and watch glory pass you by!

Let me know if you want to be like Tom Brady. That is also a 2 step process. Requires some tools though. Some strong scissors (strong enough to say cut a garden hose in half) and the blood of an innocent animal (that is best to get Satans attention).

:jnc

effzee

2nd and 3rd chances?

Tebow is only the 2nd QB in NFL history to win a playoff game and never get a chance to start another NFL game (outside of those who retired). Ever.

All this shit about Elway being vindicated, how about Peyton actually does what Tebow did and thats win a playoff game.

Tebow is shit. He can't throw and thus can't play QB in the NFL. This was KNOWN before he entered the NFL. The Broncos gave him a huge break by picking him in the 1st. A huge "chance" that he didn't deserve.

Then the fans pushed him into the starting lineup even though he didn't earn the start. Another chance which all the other guys who were ranked higher than him on the depth chart didn't get. Then he gets the option to go to NYJ or Jacksonville. He chose the JETS. How often does a shitty player get to dictate? And all that so he could also advance his own non-Football agendas in the biggest media market in the world.

He has no talent and didn't deserve to play a snap last season but they forced him to play, even though it was very little, only because "he's such a hard worker such a nice guy...blah blah".

Comparing him to Vince Young makes no sense. Vince Young sucks also but he has more talent as QB. He went to pro bowls. He at least displayed some grasp of the position. He has mental issues which if he ever conquered he could at least be a back up QB. Tebow isn't even that good. VY deserved his chances compared to Tebow.

To be fair, Tebow's early popularity in Denver was because of his strong religious beliefs and his good looks, amongst a strong collegiate career. Basically, he had, and still has more going for him than most people no mattern skin color. New York is just so full of scum and villiany that they spat on him like he was a used up crack whore. There was by no means much of a second chance more than any other one season successful quarterback in the NFL. It just looks different because Timbow became a national phenomenon of hope and altruism that chubs Mcgristle Ryan just could not comprehend in that fat noodle head of his.

Oh I know all about how or why he is so popular. Doesn't change the fact that if he was black and still all those things he wouldn't be discussed so much or given as many chances as he has already gotten.

Hunter S.

Yeah, Cutler went down a dark path towards arrogance and cowardice after leaving Denver.

@effzee Just saying the situation with Tebow has one of many factors in it more than race. Race is a factor in everything, yes.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Tebow is shit. He can't throw and thus can't play QB in the NFL. This was KNOWN before he entered the NFL. The Broncos gave him a huge break by picking him in the 1st. A huge "chance" that he didn't deserve.

Then the fans pushed him into the starting lineup even though he didn't earn the start. Another chance which all the other guys who were ranked higher than him on the depth chart didn't get. Then he gets the option to go to NYJ or Jacksonville. He chose the JETS. How often does a shitty player get to dictate? And all that so he could also advance his own non-Football agendas in the biggest media market in the world.

He has no talent and didn't deserve to play a snap last season but they forced him to play, even though it was very little, only because "he's such a hard worker such a nice guy...blah blah".

Comparing him to Vince Young makes no sense. Vince Young sucks also but he has more talent as QB. He went to pro bowls. He at least displayed some grasp of the position. He has mental issues which if he ever conquered he could at least be a back up QB. Tebow isn't even that good. VY deserved his chances compared to Tebow.

He chose the Jets because he logically thought it'd be the better place for him to get to start. Gabbert was just drafted with a high draft pick and the starting QB for the Jets was Sanchez. Any sane person would have chose the Jets. Who the fuck wants to play for the Jaguars?

And the Broncos screwed him over by taking him in the 1st. They're the ones who put the unreasonable burdens on him that come with a first round pick even though he obviously wasnt going to merit that.

And yet he still wins a shitload of football games even after the entire coaching staff and organization doesn't actually want him on the field. You can knock the guy for whatever you want but it doesn't change the fact that they won a lot of games with him on the field including a game in the playoffs.

The Jets though are run by bigger idiots than John Fox and thus they never gave him the chance and watched Mark Sanchez run the season into the ground from the start of the year all the way to the very end.

And you're right comparing him to Vince Young makes no sense. VY is one of the most clueless, laziest waste of talents ever.

And yet he still wins a shitload of football games even after the entire coaching staff and organization doesn't actually want him on the field. You can knock the guy for whatever you want but it doesn't change the fact that they won a lot of games with him on the field including a game in the playoffs.

The Jets though are run by bigger idiots than John Fox and thus they never gave him the chance and watched Mark Sanchez run the season into the ground from the start of the year all the way to the very end.
Tim Tebow or post-neck op Peyton Manning.

Which are you choosing at QB?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Tim Tebow or post-neck op Peyton Manning.

Which are you choosing at QB?

I was referring to the fact that the Broncos were totally okay with Kyle Orton shitting the place up. If the demand for Tebow was never there Fox would have rode Orton to that 6-10 finish (at best).

squicken

Fixed.

Plus, the whole inability to play QB. That sort of comes into play pretty strongly!

A backup's job is to come in and give your team a chance to win a game or two. If the starter misses more than that, the season is over anyway. In a league where Jason Campbell, Colt McCoy, and David Carr are backups, I'd take Tebow over those guys for those one or two games

A backup's job is to come in and give your team a chance to win a game or two. If the starter misses more than that, the season is over anyway. In a league where Jason Campbell, Colt McCoy, and David Carr are backups, I'd take Tebow over those guys for those one or two games
A backups job is to have the ability to run the offense so that they can be put in a position to win those games. What mythical team that doesn't run the option would you take Tebow on over those names? Unless your already an option team (as mentioned) or you're willing to rewrite/rethink your playbook as John Fox did to take advantage of his "skills" (i.e. I'd like to thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ for not requiring me to throw the ball with any level of frequency) - no thanks. You can keep him.

Tebow running McCarthy's offense would be hilarious. I want this to happen now.:D
The rest of the league and world should tremble in fear and quiver in anticipation at the mere thought of Tom Clements teaching Tebow to play QB.

That is the scenario that leads to infinite world championships and benevolent world dictator Tebow.

Talon

Atlanta Stadium Plans
Part of the plans include seats that vibrate when there’s a big play, and a 100-yard bar. The Falcons are hoping to have the stadium built and ready to open in time for the 2017 season.
This is hilarious. Carnival of stupid.

Sanjuro

Atlanta Stadium Plans

The plus-sized Matt Ryan fans could be heard orgasm from a mile away.

...but, yeah. I remember sitting on a metal bench at football games. Rather have my ass freeze than rumble.

bionic77

The rest of the league and world should tremble in fear and quiver in anticipation at the mere thought of Tom Clements teaching Tebow to play QB.

That is the scenario that leads to infinite world championships and benevolent world dictator Tebow.
This guy gets it!

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TeboTi00/gamelog/2010/

No Fox. McDaniels fired. Awful defense. People get clouded by the hate
People get clouded by some of the off the wall amazing shit that had to happen for Tebow to win some of those games during that playoff season. (The Barber run, 60+ yard FG's at Mile High, Double A-Gap Blitz from the Jets).

The only thing I hate about Tebow is watching him haphazardly try to play quarterback in the NFL and then listening to people slobber over his sub-50% completion ratio and say he's worthy of a chance as a starter or even a back-up role.

He changes positions to a TE/FB....I'm onboard the Tebow train. I think he can find superb success in the NFL in either role.

Atlanta Stadium Plans

Oh my. This would make attending a Falcons game a great date (maybe)! The outcome of which will be determined by how good the team does. I mean if they suck ass and lose, she'll leave dry as a bone. If they explode on offense though, she'll be all ready to go!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I dunno, if Tebow could learn to be a quarterback as good as the best I think that would have happened by now. It's probably some sort of physical incapability because I won't question either his effort or the quality of coaching and training he's received. Hasn't he had some of the absolute best coaches try and fix his throwing motion?

cdyhybrid

Vibrating seats? Really?

Are Fraudcons fans that clueless? "Oh, my seat's vibrating, they want me to stand up and cheer for that 60 yard TD!"

Hunter S.

And the Broncos screwed him over by taking him in the 1st. They're the ones who put the unreasonable burdens on him that come with a first round pick even though he obviously wasnt going to merit that.

Let us all recognize that the drafting of Tebow was done under Josh McDaniels watch. The only real win under McDaniels was drafting Von Miller. Though Thomas, and Decker have turned out under Manning which are also small positives.

Also, I hardly think John Fox was shown to be a bad coach for Carolina, or Denver. He is surrounded by a lot of great football minds in Denver, but he still remains in charge, numero uno. He deserves some credit for the Broncos success after Mcfuckhead crumled the foundation.

cdyhybrid

Manning certainly deserves some of the credit for DMT and Decker's success, but I dunno if he should get all or even most of it. WRs take time to "get it" in the pros usually, they might have been just as good without Peyton (although they might not have the same numbers without him).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Let us all recognize that the drafting of Tebow was done under Josh McDaniels watch. The only real win under McDaniels was drafting Von Miller. Though Thomas, and Decker have turned out under Manning which are also small positives.

Can't even give credit to McDaniels for Von Miller because everyone knew or believed he would be a sure thing. His success surprises nobody.

brentech

Bulaga's T-Rex arms are going to get AGod killed :(.

Can't be worse than Newhouse though. Just hate to fuck with Sitton when he's our best lineman, though.

Yeah, makes me slightly worried, but I guess hopeful as well.
We'll see if Rodgers gets Manning'ed this season. Dat neck crunch

Hunter S.

Manning certainly deserves some of the credit for DMT and Decker's success, but I dunno if he should get all or even most of it. WRs take time to "get it" in the pros usually, they might have been just as good without Peyton (although they might not have the same numbers without him).
I agree. Actually, though it is common place for many to attribute the success to the quarterback. Even Elway said upon the signing of Peyton is that he will make good receivers look great. Elway did this in his career with the 3 amigos. This is what the media and fans often say of Manning, that it is all him. Well, it is a lot, but it cannot be judged until they get another qb throwing to them.

squicken

Tebow woefully under-utilized the guy, but Thomas' talent was plainly evident in 2011. Same with Decker. Peyton always has played with very good WRs. To use a Madden analogy, you could say he takes 85s and makes them 92s. But he's never at any point in his career been throwing to a league average or below receiving corps

Top Bottom