• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Milchjon

look at Browns Gaf celebrities. Check out her dawg yo.

h0PDESD.jpg

Looks like even her dog hates Anne Hathaway.

Packers haven't had a player rush for 100 yards since 2008. Who was the player?
I don't think this is right. Falls Forward broke 100 against the eagles in the '10 playoffs.

Maybe regular season? Grant was kinda bad in '09, hurt in '10, '11 was pass-pass-pass, and last year was weird.

effzee

if tebow was black warren moon would be defending him to no end via the media

If Tebow was black he wouldn't even had the 2nd and 3rd chances he already has had. Elway wouldn't have been forced to start him thanks to the fanbase in Denver while he was #3 or #4 on the depth chart. If Tebow was black he wouldn't have fans.

Striker

If Tebow was black he wouldn't even had the 2nd and 3rd chances he already has had. Elway wouldn't have been forced to start him thanks to the fanbase in Denver while he was #3 or #4 on the depth chart. If Tebow was black he wouldn't have fans.
You call the trade with Jets another chance? They squandered it all. He's shitty, won't deny that, but we saw Vince Young get plenty of opportunities in his own right. And I don't remember Tebow walking out on his own team/coach in the middle of the season.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

2nd and 3rd chances?

Tebow is only the 2nd QB in NFL history to win a playoff game and never get a chance to start another NFL game (outside of those who retired). Ever.

All this shit about Elway being vindicated, how about Peyton actually does what Tebow did and thats win a playoff game.

Milchjon

Why aren't you as good of a dad as Tom Brady even though he makes $20 million a year and has more time off than a school teacher?

Don't blame Tom for this! He's not disconnected from reality!

Two challenges constantly circle in his head, both beyond his control: how to win another Super Bowl and how to raise balanced kids in an unbalanced celebrity world. When Brady remembers playing with other neighborhood kids in the street, he considers that his children will be raised in a gated house in the Los Angeles hills. Brady grew up overlooked; his kids are photographed even when Brady's parents take them to the playground. Brady grew up roaming the Candlestick Park bleachers; his kids sit in a luxury suite. Brady is neither whining nor seeking pity when he says, "How do you get your kids to understand that this is not the way the rest of the world is?"

mr2xxx

Banned
FMT reduced to praising Ravens players after that Super Bowl. Sad sight!

I guess that avatar and the Ravens' Harbs superiority finally got to him.

I'm shocked that FMT would put stock into a meaningless list just to troll Hawks fans. Ok I'm not at all. At least we don't have to put up with his obscure Alex Smith stats anymore," Smith is the greatest QB in NFL history between the 10-15 minute mark in the third quarter when the temperature is above 68*F".

Milchjon

I'm shocked that FMT would put stock into a meaningless list just to troll Hawks fans. Ok I'm not at all. At least we don't have to put up with his obscure Alex Smith stats anymore," Smith is the greatest QB in NFL history between the 10-15 minute mark in the third quarter when the temperature is above 68*F".

I love FMT Stats™

squicken

Read Peter King's piece from Rams War Room in first round

-CLE was offered same deal BUF got but they wanted Mingo

-Deal with BUF was tentatively in place weeks before draft. STL felt they had to get ahead of the Jets

-If Ogletree was gone at 30, STL would have taken Larry Warford or Datone Jones. Jones obviously went before then. What's weird is that Warford lasted until the 3rd, but they never made a move up for him. Didn't really have picks to spare and refused to give up any 2014 picks, though. Warford also cannot play LG. Feels uncomfortable switching sides, so very limited wrt versatility

-Rams turned down the deal Vikes gave Patriots. Fine with that. Ogletree has a high ceiling if he stays out of jail.

squicken

lulz. It's like a draft strategy based off a PFF subscription

The selection of No. 2 overall pick Luke Joeckel mined both old-school and new-school research. Caldwell cited the former Texas A&M standout's makeup, his background, his competitiveness, and the fact that he routinely faced top pass rushers -- not only in both Big 12 and SEC play, but also in practice against Von Miller and Damontre Moore at A&M. Tony Khan, meanwhile, had data revealing that Blaine Gabbert was actually in the top third of NFL quarterbacks when given at least 2.6 seconds to throw.

"Some of the studies Tony did helped us come to the conclusion that taking an offensive tackle (with the second pick) was a good route to go," Caldwell said. "He had the passer rating broken down from where the quarterback had 2.6 seconds to throw to 2.5, the amount of pressure, the sacks we gave up, third-most in the league last year. We used a lot of the stuff Tony put together. ... It's part of the process, not the whole process. Maybe we miss something, but we're trying not to."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...s-start-anew-with-david-caldwells-debut-draft

squicken

http://0.tqn.com/d/movies/1/0/y/6/Y/moneyball-brad-pitt-jonah-hill.jpg[/IG]

David Caldwell and Gus Bradley?[/QUOTE]

Well Tony Kahn is their head of analytics or whatever, and they had some trouble filling those two jobs. We don't know why of course. Kahn tried to force Tebow on the coach and GM last year. How much say do he and his son have on the roster? Even if they don't, it still may be a perception.

Colasante

Well Tony Kahn is their head of analytics or whatever, and they had some trouble filling those two jobs. We don't know why of course. Kahn tried to force Tebow on the coach and GM last year. How much say do he and his son have on the roster? Even if they don't, it still may be a perception.

I just can't remember another time when a team based the selection of the #2 pick in the draft based on analytics, since football analytics departments are such a new idea for the sport. It'd be interesting if more moneyball concepts were translated to the NFL.

squicken

And now from the Slo school of parenting

jay-cutler-pic9yyqf.jpg

I just can't remember another time when a team based the selection of the #2 pick in the draft based on analytics, since football analytics departments are such a new idea for the sport. It'd be interesting if more moneyball concepts were translated to the NFL.

I just think football stats are so unreliable when measuring individual performance. I really don't like that particular stat, and I know PFF uses that exact cutoff

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I just think football stats are so unreliable when measuring individual performance. I really don't like that particular stat, and I know PFF uses that exact cutoff

Yeah stats in football are kind of wonky. The sample size isn't like baseball when there are only 16 games a season. Which is why when we talk QBs, we usually look at a career instead of a single season. Too many guys have had flash in the pan seasons.

Which is why everytime someone mentions Drew Brees people have to be reminded that he did, in fact, play for San Diego and those seasons don't go away.

Top Bottom