• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Though if you want to be technical about it, gaming has had plenty of watershed moments that have shifted how games are made. Super Mario 64 was a "Citizen Kane" moment in that regard as a semi-recent example. Has nothing to do with narrative but then that's the "dream" as it were. When is a game going to equal the greatest films in the storytelling department?
Which misses the point of the medium. Games aren't film. They're interactive and the medium's achievements will be in interactivity.

It's like hand wringing over how well a Punter can throw. Sure, it happens in a pinch, but that's not the point of the position.

I think Matt Barkley will be the starting QB by week 6.
Idk I think you eagles fans might be putting alittle to much into this Barkley pick up. I think Foles will play way before Barkley even gets a chance to play, if any of them play this year that is.

squicken

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...ory-behind-falcaos-blockbuster-move-to-moncao

Soccer is boring as fuck, but the billions of dollars involved with it make it fascinating to read about off the field. People actually buy stakes in a player. Give his family money for a piece of his earnings. Or, they pay the transfer fee of a star player with the expectation of that player being sold again. It's crazy

Also, NFL owners have nothing on these Spanish football teams. Hundreds of millions in tax debt, and the public doesn't bat an eye when they spend $40m on transfer fees.

cdyhybrid

Used games isn't a deal-breaker for me (although I'm not really a console player anymore in the first place), but I will objectively be playing less games if used games go extinct. I won't be able to give an older game a shot at a discount, and if I were to try it, I might have gotten hooked on the series and became a customer for future installments of the franchise.

It just means I'll only be playing sure things from the franchises I'm already a fan of.

Fantomex

I only bought Luigi's Mansion for Mario 3DLand (Free with a purchase of a new XL and Luigi), I traded it in for Fire Emblem as soon as I was done with it. Your Macbook, its what a 2009 unibody?

NO way, my macbook is older has to be like 2008. 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo. 60 gb HD. I just need to get rid of it, we need to make room at the house. If craigslist flakes I'm just gonna slang it to some old people by my apartments.

squicken

PC gaming is crazy with prices. There's no way it can sustain itself. You can buy Bioshock Infinite for like $15 b/c there are so many codes out there from video card offers. They have destroyed the perceived value of their product. No one thinks PC games are worth paying more than $20 for. And then gamers get all pissy when GTAV isn't coming to PC at launch

"Fine, GTAV is coming to PC. Same day and price as consoles"

"Pfft. I'll wait for a Steam sale when it's $12"

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
PC is where developers dump already finished games to benefit from the extremely long tail of sales. Even at low prices, it's pretty much pure profit at that point.

cdyhybrid

PC gaming is crazy with prices. There's no way it can sustain itself. You can buy Bioshock Infinite for like $15 b/c there are so many codes out there from video card offers. They have destroyed the perceived value of their product. No one thinks PC games are worth paying more than $20 for. And then gamers get all pissy when GTAV isn't coming to PC at launch

"Fine, GTAV is coming to PC. Same day and price as consoles"

"Pfft. I'll wait for a Steam sale when it's $12"

If it's console port, yeah. People pay $50+ for actual blockbuster games like Skyrim, TF2, Starcraft 2, etc.

Idk I think you eagles fans might be putting alittle to much into this Barkley pick up. I think Foles will play way before Barkley even gets a chance to play, if any of them play this year that is.

2 different Eagles beat writers the other day said Barkley has looked the best in OTAs so far. He had to stop practice the other day multiple times due to players lining up in the wrong spot, and he is the only QB that knows the offense well enough to do that so far. They both also said that his accuracy has been much better then the other QBs. I dont think Foles will play before him and I am starting to doubt that even Vick will.

I'm nearly finished with Paper Mario, really digging the 3DS. I'm playing Luigi's Mansion next so hope it's good! I have no doubts here because I enjoyed the first one and hear this one is even better.

Congrats, Chan!

squicken

2 different Eagles beat writers the other day said Barkley has looked the best in OTAs so far. He had to stop practice the other day multiple times due to players lining up in the wrong spot, and he is the only QB that knows the offense well enough to do that so far. They both also said that his accuracy has been much better then the other QBs. I dont think Foles will play before him and I am starting to doubt that even Vick will.

That's the thing about practice. It can favor smart but physically limited players. I think Vick would have to be just awful not to start

JABEE

That's the thing about practice. It can favor smart but physically limited players. I think Vick would have to be just awful not to start
Vick was awful last season though. He couldn't see pressure and he was constantly turning over the ball. If Barkley can at least protect the football and avoid taking big hits, the Eagles may be better with him. That might be too much to ask from a rookie though.

Everyone expects rookies to come to the NFL and start right away. He might if Vick can't improve on last season and Foles continues to be unimpressive. I think they may want to find out what Barkley has before next year's draft.

We need a signal for kas like Browns fans have with their jetski dog GIF

Welcome

Will this work?
1290166265_jet-ski-faceplant.gif

ChanHuk

Banned
I just faxed over some documents to the HR lady. People still fax things? I know one of my colleagues should be interviewing for the job. She does has more experience than I do as a PCA (Patient care assistant) and was recommended for the job by a Kaiser clinic doc.

My 5am shift on Wednesday is a earthquake drill Kaiser Anaheim (Hospital I'm applying for), I need to find the ER director and an introduction. Hoping everything comes through. The other hospital I applied to, I was told the guy that they're waiting to quit has quit, so maybe I'll be getting a call from them soon.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Why are you people watching Judge Judy? NFL gaf is truly old. I thought that shit was a joke.

If it's console port, yeah. People pay $50+ for actual blockbuster games like Skyrim, TF2, Starcraft 2, etc.

That's f2p though. Same with DOTA2. The age of free/cheap gaming is here. Only for the master race, though. Suck it, console plebs.

So Dennis Allen basically said: Pryor is athletic as fuck, but he ain't no QB.
Did you ever see Pryor at OSU? I mean he was always super athletic but I never actually thought he was a legitimate high round Qb pick. I was surprised when you guys gave up a 3rd (I believe it was for him)? Who knows though, maybe he needs more time...

squicken

Does anyone like Penquins or Kings, outside of their cities?

Also, you know what I love about the Astros? A team like the Chiefs gets screwed b/c in the year that they have the #1 pick, there is no elite talent. But the Astros? Even two years of no Strasberg or Harper like talent won't deter them. They will be right back at the top of the draft next year. There's no difference between winning 70 games and 50 games. Might as well suck like champs, though I'm not sure this will end up being a good thing for the sport if everyone else starts doing it

ChanHuk

Banned
Did you ever see Pryor at OSU? I mean he was always super athletic but I never actually thought he was a legitimate high round Qb pick. I was surprised when you guys gave up a 3rd (I believe it was for him)? Who knows though, maybe he needs more time...

The only time I saw him was in the Rose Bowl against Oregon and he lit them up. A 3rd is a decent gamble for Pryor, granted I rather it been a 4th or 5th (Had neither). But a 3rd pick is something you can gamble with, I don't have faith in Pryor ever becoming an NFL QB. His mechanics are just as bad as our favorite unemployed savior. Except he doesn't have the arm strength Timmy has.

Apparently out UDFA QB from Penn State is having a good OTA, but then again, its OTA.

Top Bottom