• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Because I Want to destroy Chan.
King MMQB - How close was Kaepernick to becoming a Raider? 
Kaepernick a Raider? A look into the fateful trade that wasn't

TURLOCK, Calif. -- Colin Kaepernick a Raider. Imagine the change in history.

"I think about it all the time, believe me,'' Hue Jackson, the rookie Raiders coach on Draft Day 2011, said Sunday night. "No question in my mind we wanted it to happen, and no question I thought it could happen. We wanted the kid in the worst way.''

I was with Kaepernick Thursday night when he surprised his retiring Turlock Pitman High football coach, Brandon Harris, at the Pitman High School graduation about two hours east of San Francisco. What a surprise it was. Walking offstage on a warm central California night, the begowned Harris hugged Kaepernick and said: "You came for this?! Unbelievable!"

Before the event, I spoke with Kaepernick and his dad, Rick, mentioning to them I'd been with the 49ers on draft weekend 2011 when they traded up and picked him. I asked both about reports (some of them mine) that the Raiders were interested in picking him as much as the Niners were.

"Coach Jackson told me before the draft they were going to do everything they could to try to get me,'' said Kaepernick. "I thought there was a good chance they'd pick me. I never heard anything from the 49ers before the draft after I worked out for them [at Nevada]. I just figured they weren't interested."

Brilliant disguise. That was the first fast one coach Jim Harbaugh and GM Trent Baalke -- working together for the first time -- pulled on the league, and, as you have seen, it wasn't the last.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.c...ng-quarterback/

ChanHuk

Banned
I hate you BG, I already knew about Kaepernick and old man Davis wanting him. But in all honesty he'd be ironically just like small hands Alex Smith. Wrong system, horrible team.

But fuck the analysts, I love Stefen Wisnewski, most underrated center in the NFL.

Colasante

As an impartial observer, I'm bummed about this whole Raiders snafu and what it likely means for the rebuilding of the franchise. I thought Reggie McKenzie has been doing a decent job restocking the team, and now it seems like he and Mark Davis are destined to clash and McKenzie will probably be gone, whether it be next year or sometime later.

ChanHuk

Banned
It's business. You can't have your PR guy remind you pubically that bowl cuts have been out since forever. Reggie is here to stay. I don't care what Mark does as long as he stays on the business side of things like he said he would.

jakncoke

Banned
I hate you BG, I already knew about Kaepernick and old man Davis wanting him. But in all honesty he'd be ironically just like small hands Alex Smith. Wrong system, horrible team.

But fuck the analysts, I love Stefen Wisnewski, most underrated center in the NFL.

Go Penn St !

Dragon

Banned
I love working early. But then again I am old.

As long as you are not working a 14 hour shift it doesn't seem that bad to me.

If I had a family like you do I'd totally be down for that. Spending time with the fam is worth less sleep, but it must be murder if you have young children and they aren't sleeping well.

squicken

We need a signal for kas like Browns fans have with their jetski dog GIF

Reggie Bush said:
“Honestly, I believe there’s no excuse for us not to have the No. 1-ranked offense. We have all the right pieces and the necessary players here to be the top offense in the league. No excuse,” Bush said.

Bush said he believed when he signed with the Lions that players like Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson could be part of a great offense, and he still believes that.

“Getting to know my teammates, I’m not finding anything I didn’t already know or expect,” Bush said. “Stafford – he’s great. He has a really strong arm. He seems like a very good leader. Seems like he has all the intangibles that you need in your quarterback. Calvin Johnson’s a beast. Nate Burleson’s another guy that’s a vet and seems like a leader and a hard worker. Again, another good player.”

Bucs got it this year

Welcome

BigAT

head-up-ass.jpg

squicken

Last year we missed out on Clayborn due to his injury but I've been a long fan of his since his college years at Iowa and I have full confidence with the bucs this year. The only thing we need is a QB and I think Glennon's gonna take charge for sure.

I thought the fans liked Freeman, even if Schiano didn't?

bionic77

If I had a family like you do I'd totally be down for that. Spending time with the fam is worth less sleep, but it must be murder if you have young children and they aren't sleeping well.
One kid isn't bad.

It is only hard for us because we had twins and don't have family nearby.

Hopefully he's able to contribute more next year than Jeff Demps did this year.

Fuck Jeff Demps. Fucking money grabbimg asshole.

Not like the league was going to beat down the doors for an already slow WR who just tore his achillies

Sssst! Let me have my precious dreams for at least 1 more year.

If he's motivated enough to eat it..

Another new guy! Welcome!

Now tell me, on a scale of 1 to 10, how awesome is Gronk?

They showed Fatford doing the Dougie on NFL Live today?

:jnc or this

I see snes has learned how to post with two usernames now. Brilliant.

He's Meta posting now, so funny that both of the accounts are posting at the same time. I'm gonna go create a fake snes account. Where's Dragon when you need him?

JABEE

I do think the Eagles are going to surprise people this season. I think they will have 8 wins or more. It is all dependent on how the defense plays.

Don't :kas me bro.

I do think the Eagles are going to surprise people this season. I think they will have 8 wins or more. It is all dependent on how the defense plays.

Don't :kas me bro.

Who's the QB at the end of the season? You believe Barkley will really take over or is it still Vick's job?

Top Bottom