• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

*looks at your past threads*

3rd one down

You wore your sisters underwear..

say-what.gif

I don't even remember. It was probably a stupid thread. Precisely why I got junior'd.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Id cut my balls off and eat them before I became another team fan let alone a Pats fan

What if it made you a whiny, noodle armed quarterback that is worshiped by hundreds of Germans? Would you eat your own testicles then?

e -

I sooooo wanna make a Brady/Pats fan joke right now....

You motherfuckers broke me. You are everything that's wrong with the world.

I did it for you. You're welcome, brother!

squicken

London Jaguars one step closer?

Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP
Bad news, Jaguars fans: Goodell told me there’s a good chance the Jags will play TWO “home” games in London very soon.

Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP
Clarification: Goodell said the Jaguars could play two games PER YEAR in London in the near future.

squicken

Dog-on-a-jetski_large.gif

The latest estimate is that he will be out until August, ESPNCleveland.com reports. A source very close to Richardson tells ESPNCleveland.com's Will Burge that the team is being "ultra-cautious" due to concern that the injury could develop into a stress fracture. The source even invoked the name of Louisville men's basketball player Kevin Ware, who suffered a gruesome compound fracture on a routine play during the NCAA Tournament, as the worst-case scenario.

In addition to the strained muscle, Richardson has lost 10 pounds due to a combination of medication for migraines and an inability to fully participate in the Browns' weight lifting program.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I mourn all the hopefuls that will be lost in the trenches of World War E3.

I'll buy whatever has the best games. I hope it's the PS4 because paying for Live offends my PC senses and Japanese games are usually Playstation. PS+ is a ridiculous value as well.

Microsoft might end up having me by the balls if they money hat a bunch of awesome

MechDX

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...-watt-played-hurt-all-last-year-think-on-that

93-Day NFL Warning: J.J. Watt Played Hurt All Last Year; Think on That

I don’t want to get all self-congratulatory here, but there’s really no way around it. We’ve made it through 15 Warning posts, and not once have I mentioned J.J. Watt. Seriously, go check. This is something for which I should be rewarded. I’m not saying I deserve a trophy, but a commemorative plaque feels appropriate.

You may not know this, but I’m a fan of J.J.’s work. Adrian Peterson’s 2012 was nothing short of amazing, but for me, the best part of tuning in to the NFL every week was watching just what sort of destruction Watt would unleash.

The sack total — 20.5, all of which are shown in the video above — was enough to lead the league and make for one of the best seasons ever, but it’s only the smallest part of explaining what Watt did last season. According to Pro Football Focus, Watt totaled 76 total pressures, good for the fourth-best total in football. This is when we should note that Watt takes the majority of his snaps as a 3-4 defensive end, traditionally a two-gap position not afforded the ears-pinned-back, pass-rush designation given to players like Cameron Wake (whose 86 pressures were tied for best in the league). In short, what Watt did last season as a pass rusher does not happen.

Leading the league in sacks from that position might’ve been enough to warrant the Defensive Player of the Year Award he eventually received, but just for fun, Watt also decided to be the league’s best run-defending lineman. The pass-rush numbers are hard to believe, but the run-game numbers actually seem made up. Pro Football Focus credited Watt with 52 total stops in the running game — 22 more than any other defensive lineman. For the season, Advanced NFL Stats credited Watt with 39 tackles for loss. All-Pro, all-world defensive tackle Geno Atkins was tied for second among linemen — with 18.

In all, it wasn’t just the best defensive season of 2012; it was one of the best defensive seasons ever.

Watt’s spent the past few months pretty much the same way I’ve spent mine — a lot of batting-practice home runs and making children’s dreams come true. Oh, and casually dropping info about last season like, “All the ligaments in [my elbow] were torn, they were all gone, so they had to have time to recover and regroup. So obviously, I wasn’t at full strength.” When Watt came out after the season and said that he didn’t expect his second year to be his best, Grantland’s Chris Ryan commissioned a very accurate rendering of what Watt would probably look like in 2013. Now, we can probably amend that image to include a fully functional second arm. The only downside to a healthy Watt, for me, is that elbow brace was an easy way to spot him. The downsides for every offensive lineman in the AFC, well ... there are a few more.

In case you didn't know: that Watt kid is pretty damn good.

bionic77

Tom Brady: Biggest Fraud in the NFL or Biggest Fraud Ever?

Debate.
Jordan was the biggest fraud ever because everyone thinks he is the greatest.

There are a lot of frauds in the NFL. Even I am not prepared to call Tammy the biggest fraud when we have buttfumbles, Bollers and O'Donnell just to name a few. What I can say is that he is the most evil and had the smallest penis (can't get smaller than zero!).

exarkun

Wheres Ez? Braun about to get that hammer from the MLB, and I can't wait to see how he avoids it this time.

And Watt is gonna go super saiyan on Luck with that second arm. No running for him!

squicken

Jags are downplaying the London thing but I think Goodell kind of spilled something a little early. Peter King says the league is very interested in the market and could go as far as having the Jags play half their home games there in a couple of year

Edit: nvm, all is lost.

Well it's definitely worrisome. They need to play it safe and get him healthy. He maybe could use a long layoff

squicken

Heard on the radio it will be an away game.

Jags are in full blown damage control mode. What Goodell said was that if the Jags played an additional game, if could be an away game. Not would be. And it's not just the Jags. Since LA is a disaster, London will be the new market that owners threaten to move to. Rams would be in play until they get a stadium

But there will be 3 games in 2014 it seems like

The idea of having a U.S. league team play a full 8 game home slate in another country 4000 miles away from the Eastern seaboard, let alone the West Coast (good luck with that Seahawks, Niners, Raiders, Cardinals) just seems like a huge logistics headache to me. Doesn't seem like something an owner would realistically consider especially when the recipient country is not that into the sport.

But, like squicken said, the threat of having your hometown team being yanked away to some far away land is always a nice bargaining chip for the owner when he's trying to get more money for renovations, or a new stadium built.

bionic77

I am against the idea of a team in Europe unless it is the Jets or Pats.

I am actually ok with a 30 team league and sending those two to Europe to be permanently relegated.

Top Bottom