• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Fantomex

I don't normally shit up threads like this but I need an outlet.

Please keep my mom and my family in your thoughts and/or prayers. My mom had surgery last friday to remove 2 tumors from her colon and possibly her uterus. It turned out that she had to have part of her colon removed, her uterus, and her appendix as the masses were big enough to attach to all 3.

She had been recovering decently until yesterday when she started having acute pain. They did a CT scan and discovered that the colon repair had come undone somehow. They had to perform emergency surgery last night and remove a little bit more of her colon. She is now in ICU and they are not sure whether or not she will become septic from the stool that escaped into her body.

On top of all this, they confirmed that the 2 tumors were indeed malignant and had metastasized through her lymph nodes.

I have no idea if she'll survive this second surgery or even if she does, whether she'll take the radiation treatment or not. I'm just an emotional mess right now and I hate to even think about how my dad feels or how I'm going to be able to tell my kids if she does pass away.

Sorry for being a downer but thanks for listening (reading) NFL-GAF.

Storybook I'm so sorry to hear this is happening to you and yours. Your entire family will be in my thoughts and prayers man. I can't even begin to imagine the pain and difficulty this must be bringing to all of you. Hang on in there man, take it a day at a time and if that's to hard take it an hour at a time, we're with you if you need an outlet.

ChanHuk

Banned
Storybook, I'm sorry about what's happening to your mom. Remember to take care of yourself as well, find support to give your mom support

Storybook, I'm sorry about what's happening to your mom. Remember to take care of yourself as well, find support to give your mom support

I'm trying my best, hoping I can get all of my emotions out so I can be strong for everyone else when I need to be.

I wish I could convince myself it's not as bad as it seems but my wife is a RN in the ICU at another hospital, so I know when she says it's not good, it truly isn't.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

Please keep my mom and my family in your thoughts and/or prayers. My mom had surgery last friday to remove 2 tumors from her colon and possibly her uterus. It turned out that she had to have part of her colon removed, her uterus, and her appendix as the masses were big enough to attach to all 3.

She had been recovering decently until yesterday when she started having acute pain. They did a CT scan and discovered that the colon repair had come undone somehow. They had to perform emergency surgery last night and remove a little bit more of her colon. She is now in ICU and they are not sure whether or not she will become septic from the stool that escaped into her body.

On top of all this, they confirmed that the 2 tumors were indeed malignant and had metastasized through her lymph nodes.

I have no idea if she'll survive this second surgery or even if she does, whether she'll take the radiation treatment or not. I'm just an emotional mess right now and I hate to even think about how my dad feels or how I'm going to be able to tell my kids if she does pass away.

Just prayed for you, your mother, and your family. Stay strong.

Stay strong, man. Sucks to hear and I wish nothing but the best for her and your family.:(

Draxal

I'm trying my best, hoping I can get all of my emotions out so I can be strong for everyone else when I need to be.

I wish I could convince myself it's not as bad as it seems but my wife is a RN in the ICU at another hospital, so I know when she says it's not good, it truly isn't.

Stay strong man, I wish the best for your mom and your family as well.

Dragon

Banned

Hope your mom gets better!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
gol15.jpg

"If cancer was delicious, I'd eat it!"

cdyhybrid

I swear that guy is a joke account/troll poster.

Coffee is nectar of the gods

It really is though.

Post here as much as you need, man. Good luck to you all, just be strong and stay positive.

Dragon

Banned
That's bullshit.

Dude eats Taco Bell, he never cared about taste!

There's nothing better for a hangover than Mountain Dew Code Red and two quesadillas from Taco Bell.

Sure you shit pure liquid an hour or so later but that's a great way to get the toxins out!

brentech

Damn. DuJuan Harris had a cyst in his lung. Already had surgery to have it removed and looks pretty good, but with new guys in camp already, his chance of getting a bulk of carries to prove himself early is likely slim.
Now he's probably screwed into only getting a real shot if they fail through a few games.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Damn. DuJuan Harris had a cyst in his lung. Already had surgery to have it removed and looks pretty good, but with new guys in camp already, his chance of getting a bulk of carries to prove himself early is likely slim.
Now he's probably screwed into only getting a real shot if they fail through a few games.

Hmm....wonder if Green Bay knew and that's why they drafted two RBs?

brentech

Hmm....wonder if Green Bay knew and that's why they drafted two RBs?
It was just found out recently. Actually found the article yesterday.

http://m.jsonline.com/more/sports/packers/210345431.htm

DuJuan Harris' bid for a starting spot will have to wait until training camp.

The Green Bay Packers running back recently realized he had a much bigger issue to address.

During a routine physical check-up, doctors found a "fist-sized" cyst on Harris' lung next to his heart. Harris tweeted that he is fine, writing, "It's a #blessing!!! Should be 110% very soon and back to work."

"It was actually pressing against his lung," said Harris' agent, Dave Lee. "Now his lungs are open to breathe all the way again — at 100% again. He should be able to get more oxygen in his body and have more endurance and be able to do more as a football player now."

bionic77

As long as you don't expect anything resembling Mexican food, Taco Bell is pretty good.

Go with a Chicken Supreme Chalupa if you don't like their more standard fare.
I know several people who had food poisoning from the Bell including one of my college buddies who was so addicted to it that he only quit after the second instance of salmonella. Seeing the hell they went through was enough to keep me away.

I am just too old to get away with eating that garbage. You can get away with it as a teenager but I feel so much better staying away from garbage like Taco Bell and McDonalds (with Taco Bell being the worst of the two).

The only fast food restaurant I like is Popeyes. That is shit too but I have a weakness for fried chicken.

While I always laugh at percents over a hundred, you could day while he THOUGHT he was 100% last year, he probably had that in him. Now he figures to be better than that?

Wouldnt that still only bring him to 100 percent though? I'm also a fan of the over 100 percent thing athletes do. Although an argument could be made that guys like Ryan Braun, Arod etc are 110 percent.

brentech

Wouldnt that still only bring him to 100 percent though? I'm also a fan of the over 100 percent thing athletes do. Although an argument could be made that guys like Ryan Braun, Arod etc are 110 percent.
Well, obviously. Just trying to rationalize why he could say that. Doesn't make it any more true.
But since we plucked him from a job selling cars, he may not have had the full barrage of tests that other receive in the preseason last year.

Anyone else see the Driveclub dev video?

asjagj.gif

*motherofgod.gif*

Yeah the in cockpit view looks amazing. Its funny that the grass and stuff is almost to detailed, you would expect more blur if you were driving a car that fast. But my god it does looks really good. Cant wait to see the final game.

Driving sims are boring.
Guess it's good that the game isn't a driving sim then. The entire approach is to have insane levels of details but with an emphasis on fun with the simmy shit being totally optional.

I'm with you on the sim stuff. I wouldn't pay it any mind if it were a GT/Forza clone.

bionic77

Anyone else see the Driveclub dev video?

asjagj.gif

*motherofgod.gif*
As awesome as that looks, it looks like a tech demo/cutscene/replay. Though it would be awesome if you could play a racing game from an angle like that. That would take Mario Galaxy levels of creativity though and years of experimentation.

I want to see in game graphics and gameplay.

As awesome as that looks, it looks like a tech demo/cutscene/replay. Though it would be awesome if you could play a racing game from an angle like that. That would take Mario Galaxy levels of creativity though and years of experimentation.

I want to see in game graphics and gameplay.
Watch the dev video. Plenty of in cockpit footage, etc.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/06/driveclub-video-diary-discusses-ps4-development/

Hopefully they can hit 60fps with what they're pushing.

Greg

I'm not even posting on gaming side, so it won't be me. Anything gaming related I'll talk about in here, and I'll just refresh the conference topics to see the carnage.

Top Bottom