• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

brentech

Madden has no competition. Hard to imagine it getting better. I am more interested in FIFA and PES.
I think the last 2 years they objectively improved. 12 added better franchise mode. 13 the physics engine that I was initially down on suddenly felt needed when I tried to play an older version. It actually improved all game play.
Minus people tripping all over each other. Particularly during post play camera shots.

Animal Crossing is 3DS, which I think does.

The WiiU joined the '00s and lets you pick a proper username.

Oh, phew. That scared me.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Welp, my PS3 got the YLOD last night, it was the model that came in the MGS4 bundle. Should I go with the new redesigned slim or the original slim as a replacement?

bionic77

Welp, my PS3 got the YLOD last night, it was the model that came in the MGS4 bundle. Should I go with the new redesigned slim or the original slim as a replacement?
I have that one too.

This shit better not break. I think I paid 500 dollars for this Netflix player!

Is the gaming side always this bad? Every time a thread with new game footage is shown the same people rampage through it telling everyone how last-gen or stupid it looks. I think Cliff was right on the Gametrailers NEOGAF documentary when he said most of the people here don't even play games. They just complain about them.

I had to replace my PS3 Slim with one of the new ones, and it's really not very good in regards to build quality. But it was cheap and came with 5 games.

Is the gaming side always this bad? Every time a thread with new game footage is shown the same people rampage through it telling everyone how last-gen or stupid it looks. I think Cliff was right on the Gametrailers NEOGAF documentary when he said most of the people here don't even play games. They just complain about them.
You think that's bad, try defending a slightly underwhelming game like Killzone 3 or Dead Space 3. To most people on GAF every game is a 10/10 or 1/10.

I need anatomy flash cards, Barron's or Netters? STAT MOTHER FUCKERS
Do you just need them to study? If so I'd say go to google and check out this site called quizlet, they have online flashcards and you'll find alot of the questions are from books/hws. A good likely hood that they're the exact kind of questions you'll find on your tests if not similar.

ChanHuk

Banned
Do you just need them to study? If so I'd say go to google and check out this site called quizlet, they have online flashcards and you'll find alot of the questions are from books/hws. A good likely hood that they're the exact kind of questions you'll find on your tests if not similar.

Eh, I was looking for something for on the go study, I know about quizlet and it got me an A in most my online classes.

Quote: search, guests, and avatars would all be disabled first -- there's virtually no chance OT would be closed

Damn, now I have to read your names.

Tamanon

Banned
I assume they're going to split OT and the Community forums onto a separate server, so it won't be hit as much when Gaming side gets slammed.

squicken

hey guys i can't wait to join you fo rizzle when the season starts i just can't keep up during the offseason :(

No worries, but a warning, there's only about 15% more football talk here during the season. It's still mostly 3DS games and drunk blogging

Talon

No worries, but a warning, there's only about 15% more football talk here during the season. It's still mostly 3DS games and drunk blogging
Eh, we're good about football talk from Thursday-Monday. Tuesday-Wednesday is the "You're Drunk" period.

Game threads, though. I hate game threads.

Wienke's point (and the main criticism against corn-derived Ethanol) is that forcing food into fuel-usage is foolish when hunger is a real problem - even domestically.

However, corn prices really haven't budged. In fact, packaged foods are way fucking cheaper than they used to be. Unfortunately, you can't subsist off Oreos and Honey Grahams. But we sure let people buy them with food stamps!
Right, the problem with that criticism is that Iowa and Illinois alone (much less the rest of the midwest) have enough corn-growing capacity to literally feed the world -- well, except for last year! Ethanol is just a way for the farm subsidies to get a boost, since the midwest produces so much corn+soybeans already that doing so is actually terrible business. (too much supply)

As for why world hunger still exists with this supply: (1) futures market! (2) shipping

Drakeon

Ended up deciding on Folsom. All I heard were good things, and it's only 15 minutes to work.

Movers came today and packed up, everything gets unloaded tomorrow, so it's my last night in my shithole hotel, which is nice. Also, moving was super easy with movers, but 6k is a lot. Not sure I'd do it again unless it was a far move like this one.

Hired! Bring Chan, I'll pay in booze.

No shit? I used to live in Folsom. I'm actually moving back up there in a few weeks.

Talon

Right, the problem with that criticism is that Iowa and Illinois alone (much less the rest of the midwest) have enough corn-growing capacity to literally feed the world. Ethanol is just a way for the farm subsidies to get a boost, since the midwest produces so much corn+soybeans already that doing so is actually terrible business. (too much supply)

As for why world hunger still exists with this supply: (1) futures market! (2) shipping
Commodity markets are crazy to me.

It's really shitty that it's more profitable to let corn sit in silos because the US government will guarantee a set price rather than send it out of the country.

Mostly, our problems would be solved if corn was a more nutritious and healthful crop.

Commodity markets are crazy to me.

It's really shitty that it's more profitable to let corn sit in silos because the US government will guarantee a set price rather than send it out of the country.

Mostly, our problems would be solved if corn was a more nutritious and healthful crop.
Probably would also help to put less eggs in the corn basket.

I thought last year's drought had an effect on food prices?
It did, but it was a brutal drought. A lot of places in Illinois/Iowa had 5-15% yields, which is obviously, uh, bad

Talon

Probably would also help to put less eggs in the corn basket.
On the complete flip side, it's doubly shitty that quinoa is such a popular grain in the US now. It's a vital and nutritious crop in Peru and Bolivia because it's randomly high in protein and is perfectly suited for the soil at that elevation.

But, of course, Americans will pay several times what Peruvian and Bolivian peasants can afford, so the whole avocado thing is happening all over again.

Free trade, it's really fantastic. With some unintended consequence! But, hey, hopefully it will all work out.

RE: last year's drought. My girlfriend's uncle is actually a farmer in northeast Indiana, mostly corn and soybean, so their community was definitely affected. What he was telling me though was that the larger farms that were tied to the big agrabusinesses were fine because they were all irrigated (those big ass steel bridge irrigation systems you see driving around). It affected the smaller guys, but everyone has crop insurance so, financially, they were fine.

Milchjon

I listened to Kacey Musgraves btw. I kinda like it. She's like the American Kate Nash, but not as annoying. Also, hooooot.

Oh my....

Top Bottom