• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I know three people that couldn't be bothered to finish book 4.

How can a book be so large yet have nothing happen?!

I'll try ADWD again sometime soon if its only a little worse than the first.

bionic77

Neither 4 or 5 was very good and the longer he goes without really explaining the stakes and who is going to matter the more pissed off I get.

rando14

Neither 4 or 5 was very good and the longer he goes without really explaining the stakes and who is going to matter the more pissed off I get.

I'm actually quite concerned that he has too many balls in the air to finish in only two more books; theres so many plotlines and characters that I cant imagine how he ties it all together in only two books. I'm expecting it extending to an 8th.

then again, HE'S the genius writer, who am I to doubt him :p

brentech

Hrm, while I found the beginning slow, due to a bunch of new perspective characters, I quite liked AFFC. If anything I found the start of 5 just as slow, but you can feel it all leading up to some huge moments

squicken

5 is shit too. It's just after 3, people had there hopes up. Like people finishing this season are putting Thrones in top 10 lists of all time dramas. I can't think of a single important thing to happen in 4 and 5. In the TV guys stick to the books, they will bore the audience to tears

Also, Don Draper is an asshole. Not the kind that is fun to watch. The kind where it's hard to get through an episode. Won't watch next year w/o reading reviews.

Talon

5 is shit too. It's just after 3, people had there hopes up. Like people finishing this season are putting Thrones in top 10 lists of all time dramas. I can't think of a single important thing to happen in 4 and 5. In the TV guys stick to the books, they will bore the audience to tears

Also, Don Draper is an asshole. Not the kind that is fun to watch. The kind where it's hard to get through an episode. Won't watch next year w/o reading reviews.
Don has gone full Bear Stearns this season. I've straight-up stopped rooting for him.

bionic77

Hrm, while I found the beginning slow, due to a bunch of new perspective characters, I quite liked AFFC. If anything I found the start of 5 just as slow, but you can feel it all leading up to some huge moments
I am beginning to have my doubts.

At this point after 5 books with no plot advancement since 3 I am getting closer to calling it all shit.

Dragon

Banned
Book 4 sucked, but Dance was pretty good. I certainly don't give a shit about Dany though. Man Season 4 of the show is going to be so fucking good, so much to cover.

At this point after 5 books with no plot advancement since 3 I am getting closer to calling it all shit.

Sounds like Jordan to a lesser extent. I can get through that and I waited 14 years for the conclusion to that series. As long as it's finished before Martin croaks I'll be happy.

squicken

Don has gone full Bear Stearns this season. I've straight-up stopped rooting for him.

The only thing I can think is this: Michael Douglas used to say that young WS guys would come up to him and say that Gordon Gekko inspired them to become traders. And it mortified him b/c Gekko was supposed to be an evil character who showed what was wrong with Wall Street. So I wonder if Weiner and Hamm were similarly troubled with all the "coolness" around Draper and decided to show a different interpretation of his lifestyle

tbh, I think GRRM lost the plot.
I write fiction, and having experienced the pain I feel like I know it when I see it.

It's not beyond saving, he's got plenty of options and the talent to do it storytelling-wise. As a result, I absolutely don't mind him taking forever to write #6 -- maybe he'll figure out how to end the story by the time he gets it finished!

(I still hate his prose.)

JABEE

The fact that this DRM system is all MS's idea and based solely around the "cloud" makes me think that Sony will not have online DRM and used game restrictions that are different than this gen.

squicken

I also find it very sexy that Theon's sister
let him finger blast her and feel her up and is now raising a fleet to go and save him

The fact that this DRM system is all MS's idea and based solely around the "cloud" makes me think that Sony will not have online DRM and used game restrictions that are different than this gen.

I think both MS and Sony will use retail for used games in some manner, just b/c lots of people will scoff at downloading 50GB games. But I am pretty sure that DRM on both will be pretty similar. Sony has just been smart enough to let MS take all the arrows, knowing that if they just go along or even 1% less draconian, they will look rosy

JABEE

I think both MS and Sony will use retail for used games in some manner, just b/c lots of people will scoff at downloading 50GB games. But I am pretty sure that DRM on both will be pretty similar. Sony has just been smart enough to let MS take all the arrows, knowing that if they just go along or even 1% less draconian, they will look rosy

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581089

Did you see the CBoat thread. He said that the cloud feature on the Xbox One as an excuse for the DRM=a parole officer. He said that Microsoft approached publishers with the system, not the other way around. John Harker who worked on Epic Mickey said the same thing in the Giant Bomb thread.

I still have faith that Sony will do the right thing. They did it with the Vita and they already said there would be no online requirement.

CBOAT also said F2P games will require Xbox Gold on the XBONE.

We'll see, but I can't see Sony doing the exact same thing as Microsoft. If they have online check-ins like Microsoft, that will be bad news for the console business.

Just saw this:
Sweet Nancy Pants noooooo
Sweet Aunt Nancys Panties NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You were actually a fun junior and you had to go and get banned.

YOU FOOL! WE FUCKING WARNED YOU ASSHOLE! :(
tumblr_lyj711z9gY1r124nx.jpg

As it was written, so shall it be done.
How does ari not get banned? That guy is like the Teflon poster.....racism and console wars!

Also, this is why you never learn the names of the juniors. There's no point!

He'll always be Aunt Brady's Lady Panties or whatever to me anyway.
It's like war. Don't bother to learn the new recruits' names until they make it through an E3...

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Did you see the CBoat thread. He said that the cloud feature on the Xbox One as an excuse for the DRM=a parole officer. He said that Microsoft approached publishers with the system, not the other way around. John Harker who worked on Epic Mickey said the same thing in the Giant Bomb thread.

I still have faith that Sony will do the right thing. They did it with the Vita and they already said there would be no online requirement.

We'll see, but I can't see Sony doing the exact same thing as Microsoft. If they have online check-ins like Microsoft, that will be bad news for the console business.
CBoat is going to be banned and exist only as a meme before tomorrow ends. #Believe #XBoner #DRMAintSoBad

squicken

I'm not disputing that. I'm just saying that I don't think a used game of CoD9 on PS3 will be dramatically cheaper or more customer friendly than it is on Xbone. As for F2P, MS requires Gold for everything. I haven't had Gold for years, but it is telling that the Madden League is on XBOX, and so are the bigger communities for the bigger games. Do you want to pay for a service that works, or not pay for a service that is 90% as good?

I won't play online until they can figure out how to filter out the people I don't want to deal with. Like I'd love if PS Eye or Kinetic could detect marijuana users and filter them out of my possible opponents. Or talkative drunks. Or people who sing or rap. Or racists. Check for Nazi symbols and Confederate Flags in the room. Pair all the stoners together. And the racists. And the Patriots fans

Milchjon

I haven't really followed this thing anymore, what gives CBoaT his credibility?

Also, damn at what got Sweet Aunt Nancy's Pants banned. Why do they even bother letting them in anymore?

JABEE

I haven't really followed this thing anymore, what gives CBoaT his credibility?

Also, damn at what got Sweet Aunt Nancy's Pants banned. Why do they even bother letting them in anymore?

He's been almost 100% accurate since revealing information about the Xbox 360 in 2005 like a hard drive not being required. If he says it, it's true. The only misstep was Dead Rising 3 last year, but it sounded like there was an exclusive arrangement that interfered with that prediction at the last moment.

If CBOAT say it, it's going to happen.

Also, yeah, we all warned him not to do it. If it was a different time of the year, we could have had a another Patriot fan roaming this thread for years to come. E3 is a beast that devours all that gets in its way.

A bannable suggestion. Good riddance!

Dumbass. RIPanties.

Sweet Aunt Nancys Panties NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You were actually a fun junior and you had to go and get banned.

YOU FOOL! WE FUCKING WARNED YOU ASSHOLE! :(

juniors need to learn not to travel in the gaming side

RIP bro

Post 5711 is my guess:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=62285171&highlight=#post62285171

I was oddly enough just about to warn him in this thread.

lol banned

Let this be an effigy to dumb biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitches everywhere. If only all Pats fans were banned. Mayo on fries?! What an asshole

Rip the man in Panties.

Is it a perm because he was a junior ?

Edit: Fable 3 is free to download of Xbox Live. Not sure if it's a mistake or supposed to be this way, but I'm downloading it right now.

Hunter S.

Sweet Aunt Brady's panties exemplified the Patriots well with arrogance and estrogen. Let all fanboys move on to other forums anyways. If you want peace just look to Papa Peyton for your anwser, be great, be humble and spread the ball and video games to all potential recievers and platforms.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

You guys weren't supposed to root for him in the first place :p

Unless a whole lot has changed, Allison Brie is the only decent person in the entire show!

Top Bottom