• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

MS had SkyTV and IPTV in Euroland on the 360 and they have said that they will have comparable features there again this gen, just not at launch. MS was coming off a console that sold less then 1/6th of what the PS2 sold and they had the RROD disaster happen. The fact that they were even close to the PS3 this gen is hard to believe.

No it isn't.

The previous gen means nothing. All that matters is the console's capability and library.

MS had the box, but the library was way too western focused. As a result, that's all they could get going.

JABEE

Which console will be the best?

If you're looking at system specs it is definitely the PS4.

With games, we don't know, but Microsoft is probably going to buy a lot of timed exclusives.

We can't really tell which system will sell more right now. If one takes off and the other doesn't that could greatly influence which system gets what games.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm thinking about getting a Vita since I'll be traveling an absurd amount for my job. Already have a 3DS! Setting up a PS3 everytime I get into a hotel room sounds annoying.

eznark

Banned
I'd put the WiiU over the xbone. At least we know Nintendo doesn't have the connected capabilities to constantly spy on you.

bionic77

I'd put the WiiU over the xbone. At least we know Nintendo doesn't have the connected capabilities to constantly spy on you.
Doesn't the tablet have a camera too?

If Nintendo ever gets online they might be monitoring our eyes and boners too to see which ads and moments during programming are most effective.

Deacon just ignore Fox. He is a little sad because Apple is going to make Android obsolete. That plus the Galaxy flopping and the fact that he is a Jets fan is getting him down.

eznark

Banned
Doesn't the tablet have a camera too?

If Nintendo ever gets online they might be monitoring our eyes and boners too to see which ads and moments during programming are most effective.

Deacon just ignore Fox. He is a little sad because Apple is going to make Android obsolete. That plus the Galaxy flopping and the fact that he is a Jets fan is getting him down.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

So Geoff Keighley has been teasing for a while that he would be revealing a new MS game during the E3 pre-show, and another game during the post show. He just tweeted that Rare would be a special guest during the pre-show. Hopefully this means Perfect Dark is the game they reveal during the pre-show.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I actually liked BK: nuts and bolts and the Viva Piñata games but I feel like that Rare has been dead ever since those games flopped more or less.

I liked PD0 and Kameo better then anything else Rare has done. I am dying for a sequel to PD0. That game was so far ahead of all other mp shooters when it came out, I would love to see what new ideas they have now.

DK64 is where I started to question Rare's actual quality. The whole game was a massive collectathon with a Donkey Kong skin. First game I stopped playing from disgust.

MechDX

This console warrior nonsense is freaking stupid. I swear some people posting in Gaming have raging erections when they post anything negative Sony, MS or Nintendo

bionic77

Rare peaked with DKC2 but they still made a lot of good games until they were bought by MS. After that they seemed to die and wither pretty quickly. Not sure whose fault that was.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Rare peaked with DKC2 but they still made a lot of good games until they were bought by MS. After that they seemed to die and wither pretty quickly. Not sure whose fault that was.

The traditional Rare games flopped, I think some people left, and then they were put on Kinect duty.

It was Microsoft's. You can't just buy a company and expect them to produce at the same level, especially one previously owned by Nintendo. Corporate culture matters. The culture shock from moving to Nintendo to MS was way too much for Rare.

Milchjon

Rare made Perfect Dark Zero, which gave birth to Wall Guy, which led me to GAF.

Don't know if that's part of the "Good Rare" or the "Bad Rare" pile.

Truth. Same with DK64.

It's honestly a damn shame that the platforming genre has become a lost art besides Mario Galaxy.

New Super Mario Bros
Rayman Origins
Battleblock Theater
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Little Big Planets
Limbo
Braid

I don't even like all of these games but this gen has had a decent amount of acclaimed platformers outside of Galaxy, even though the Galaxies are far and away the best ones

JABEE

Banjo Kazooie was awesome.

Also, Viva Pinata when they were with Microsoft was really good too.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
New Super Mario Bros
Rayman Origins
Battleblock Theater
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Little Big Planets
Limbo
Braid

I don't even like all of these games but this gen has had a decent amount of acclaimed platformers outside of Galaxy, even though the Galaxies are far and away the best ones

Tons and tons of games have had platform elements in them as well such as Guacamelee!

Top Bottom