• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

bionic77

Thanks to Bolt I hope this place crashes and burns for an entire week.

edit: Forget what I said. 50 pages saved the day! Though this place is going to burn anyways...

bionic77

My friends. I love you all. Even Pats fans, well not snes. He's too scum to receive any love.
You lost me there.

What conference are you guys most interested in? It seems like Nintendo will have the most games, but I feel like the DRM for Sony and more details on the XBone will be the highlights of e3.

ChanHuk

Banned
Fuck you bionic. I'm a morning person, it's all downhill from here. My disgust for Pats fans will return shortly after my coffee

You lost me there.

What conference are you guys most interested in? It seems like Nintendo will have the most games, but I feel like the DRM for Sony and more details on the XBone will be the highlights of e3.

MS has said they will be showing 20 games with 12 being new unannounced games. No way does Nintendo show more games then that. The Nintendo conference is only 1 hour, while MS and Sony are each doing 1:30 conferences. I am most excited for the MS conference since they are going to show the most games, but I am also really excited to see what Sony and Nintendo have to show.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You lost me there.

It's hard to be excited about Nintendo when they'll have, at most, one huge bombshell game. Everything else has been announced! It'll be neat so see what the games look like though.

I'm expecting some sort of megaton between the PS4 and Xbone. Gold being required would be hilarious!

Sony's console is still a mystery, and I think there will be at least one unwelcome surprise at their conference.

MS has let the cat out of the bag with their DRM policy, so I think theirs will be mostly games, but I bet half of those 12 unannounced games are Kinect only dance/fitness fare.

No clue what Nintendo is going to show, but what i'm really excited for is Retro's game. They really need to blow the doors off though, as this year is the Wii U's relaunch year.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Sony's console is still a mystery, and I think there will be at least one unwelcome surprise at their conference.

MS has let the cat out of the bag with their DRM policy, so I think theirs will be mostly games, but I bet half of those 12 unannounced games are Kinect only dance/fitness fare.

No clue what Nintendo is going to show, but what i'm really excited for is Retro's game. They really need to blow the doors of though, as this year is the Wii U's relaunch year.

The prophet says the Xbox DRM is worse than what they've said!

Honestly I'm excited for all 3 conferences. I'm almost certain I won't be picking up an XBO so I'm really only interested in MS' out of curiosity, but given how things have been going for them lately I'm extremely curious. I'm hoping Sony can fully sell me on the PS4 with some great games (and hopefully a few Vita games), and with Nintendo I'm just excited about seeing Wii U and 3DS games.

Last E3 was fairly disappointing overall but this one is shaping up to be epic.

CBOAT is quickly becoming one of my favorite things about GAF.

ChanHuk

Banned
You guys weren't supposed to root for him in the first place :p

Unless a whole lot has changed, Allison Brie is the only decent person in the entire show!

Allison Brie should be rooted for on any show. Show should forget about Don and follow the real star, Roger Sterling.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
How great would it be if Sony took advantage and came out and said "No DRM"?

Would it even put a dent into the US market or are people too invested in the Xbox brand?

Allison Brie should be rooted for on any show. Show should forget about Don and follow the real star, Roger Sterling.

Roger Sterling is just Don Draper without the emo and more sass.

He should just wear a "Sorry for Partying" shirt.

Greg

Were the conferences always this late? I thought I remembered them all being in the morning, and then all of the publishers had theirs later in the day.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Were the conferences always this late? I thought I remembered them all being in the morning, and then all of the publishers had theirs later in the day.

Yeah usually there was one the night before then two in the morning and THEN e3 opened at noon.

How great would it be if Sony took advantage and came out and said "No DRM"?

Would it even put a dent into the US market or are people too invested in the Xbox brand?

Roger Sterling is just Don Draper without the emo and more sass.

He should just wear a "Sorry for Partying" shirt.

None of this is going to matter at the beginning of the gen. Where DRM is going to come into play is when these consoles drop in price and the low cost market starts to invest in the platforms. Early adopters and hardcore gamers like to bitch, but they'll be there day one.

bionic77

MS has said they will be showing 20 games with 12 being new unannounced games. No way does Nintendo show more games then that. The Nintendo conference is only 1 hour, while MS and Sony are each doing 1:30 conferences. I am most excited for the MS conference since they are going to show the most games, but I am also really excited to see what Sony and Nintendo have to show.
The 2nd e3 is all about games. No one has anything more than demos and shit ready at the first e3. This is the time to overpromise and underdeliver.

If Nintendo doesn't have the most polished games on the floor then even they have given up on the U.

I am pretty sure that Sony is going to onboard the DRM/no used game bandwagon come this fall as well. With how evasive both companies are acting you know they are up to some shady ass shit.

I am pretty sure that Sony is going to onboard the DRM/no used game bandwagon come this fall as well. With how evasive both companies are acting you know they are up to some shady ass shit.
I think you're right but wouldn't it be cool if at the end of Sony's conference there was a, "oh wait, there's one more thing I'd like to share with all of you --- PS4 has zero DRM for physical games."

Wishful thinking, I'm sure.

JABEE

I'm looking forward to the Sony conference and finding out about the new Mario Bros and Smash. I wish they would show off the new Zelda too. I'm kind of hoping and expecting an Earthbound release after the Amazon UK Listing.

The 2nd e3 is all about games. No one has anything more than demos and shit ready at the first e3. This is the time to overpromise and underdeliver.

If Nintendo doesn't have the most polished games on the floor then even they have given up on the U.

Of course Nintendo will hve the more polished stuff. They are making their E3s demo available to the public at certain Best Buys, you said they would have the most games which is definitely not true. I cant wait to see how good Mario U looks and what direction they have decided to go with it. I bet Mario U will win all the major sites game of show award.

bionic77

I think you're right but wouldn't it be cool if at the end of Sony's conference there was a, "oh wait, there's one more thing I'd like to share with all of you --- PS4 has zero DRM for physical games."

Wishful thinking, I'm sure.
Nah bro its going to happen.

And then Sony is going to announce that the console is $99 and comes with a free Israeli model that is turned on by obese videogamers with limited social skills!

The one hope for Sony's console is Japan. Japan's used market is massive and Sony would be forsaking that market if they instituted a harsh DRM policy.

On the other hand, the box console on its way out in Japan anyway, so perhaps they're willing to take the risk.

Draxal

The one hope for Sony's console is Japan. Japan's used market is massive and Sony would be forsaking that market if they instituted a harsh DRM policy.

On the other hand, the console is on its way out in Japan anyway, so perhaps they're willing to take the risk.

Idolmaster will save consoles in Japan, For Cajunator.

Greg

Sony is going to announce that PS doesn't stand for Playstation this time, it stands for PlaySOCOM. It's a system that only plays a remake of SOCOM II.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

On the other hand, the box console on its way out in Japan anyway, so perhaps they're willing to take the risk.

The other benefit would be having a clear differentiation compared to the Xbone which is trying to build the walls even higher for their garden.

You make a good point about the used market in Japan. Sony also traditionally does well in other markets that utilize used games.

I think after two straight generations of failure in Japan, Microsoft is going all in on an Anglophone box. Do they plan on even launching in Japan?

all snes alts

That's a lot of 80s comedy character names...

bionic77

Gaming side is already at over 10,000 viewers three hours before the conference. Damn.

Edit: Make that 11,000
Is that a lot?

I figured that we usually had double that in Community to listen to us talk about football while also having quick access to the brony hentai threads.

bionic77

The other benefit would be having a clear differentiation compared to the Xbone which is trying to build the walls even higher for their garden.

You make a good point about the used market in Japan. Sony also traditionally does well in other markets that utilize used games.

I think after two straight generations of failure in Japan, Microsoft is going all in on an Anglophone box. Do they plan on even launching in Japan?

That's a lot of 80s comedy character names...
Its not just Japan. I think the rest of the world is going to say fuck you to MS and the XBone if they can't pirate games on it. Even in parts of Europe piracy is pretty huge. And where they buy legit games I think they mostly buy them used or for half off in their grocery stores.

I think MS doesn't care or give a fuck about the rest of the world.

Probably, but it'm sure it'll just be a token effort.

I've said this a million times already, but XBOX is a US console - if they couldn't take 2nd over PS3 with a year head start and dominance of the US they'll never do it. All of the services MS have showed are US only as well.

eznark

Banned
I'm more excited for the Apple thing just because when they disappoint for the third straight year I can run out and grab an HTC One. I won't be able to get a PS4 for months.

JABEE

Is that a lot?

I figured that we usually had double that in Community to listen to us talk about football while also having quick access to the brony hentai threads.

Usually gaming side has been at around 5-7 thousand lately. GAF went down when Gaming Side was at 17,000+ during the Xbox reveal.

Off-topic is usually only at around 3,000 viewers.

eVbuzno.gif

bionic77

Yeah there is a huge audience for Goku creampieing Twilight Sparkle in her asshole while she sucks Sailor Moon's dick
Jets and Pats fans.

/SMH

Also it would be the funniest thing in the world if the XBone DRM was US only and the rest of the world got a cheaper console with no TV shit but could play used games.

I've said this a million times already, but XBOX is a US console - if they couldn't take 2nd over PS3 with a year head start and dominance of the US they'll never do it. All of the services MS have showed are US only as well.

MS had SkyTV and IPTV in Euroland on the 360 and they have said that they will have comparable features there again this gen, just not at launch. MS was coming off a console that sold less then 1/6th of what the PS2 sold and they had the RROD disaster happen. The fact that they were even close to the PS3 this gen is hard to believe.

The XBO will dominate Japan. Fantasy football integration, easy access to The Price is Right, and seamless integration with Comcast cable boxes is just too much for that market to pass up.

eznark

Banned
Why would the tv features be US only? It's just a passthrough box, how hard can that be to make work with other providers? Was Google TV US only?

Top Bottom