• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

KingGondo

Banned
New Super Mario Bros
Rayman Origins
Battleblock Theater
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Little Big Planets
Limbo
Braid

I don't even like all of these games but this gen has had a decent amount of acclaimed platformers outside of Galaxy, even though the Galaxies are far and away the best ones
NSMB Wii and DKCR are awesome, forgot about those. And Rayman is good too.

I guess I mainly miss the big-budget, N64-style 3D platformers that used to be everywhere. The worlds were so rich and creative to explore.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 40m

LA Times reporting former NFL player Shawne Merriman overdosed last night on combination of alcohol and a drug.

Sorry to break up the thread with football. Carry on.

Dragon

Banned
LBP's core mechanic was awful. A platforming game with shitty platforming is a shitty game.

It's not a tight platforming game. If you want that with 4 player co-op NSMB is the way to go obviously. I've had TONS of fun playing with friends with LBP though. Just fucking around with the physics is fun in and of itself. Just boiling it down to your absolute one way or another type of thinking is reductionist and shitty.

Edit: Predictions on this Vita reveal?

bionic77

But he's right.....LBP was really really boring!
I am in agreement!

I got it for free and was pretty hyped because of GAF's love for the game, but then I hated it and for a long time I was convinced I must be playing it wrong or something.

And what the fuck is going on with Charger players?

I never played it. Just thought the GAF mini meme was funny at the time.

My favorite Rare games are DKC and Conker's Bad Fur Day, which looked stunning on Xbox.

Yeah going from playing Rare's games on Nintendo systems to seeing Conker on Xbox was crazy. MS should do something with Conker again. That was a really fun game with some great humor in it.

It's not a tight platforming game. If you want that with 4 player co-op NSMB is the way to go obviously. I've had TONS of fun playing with friends with LBP though. Just fucking around with the physics is fun in and of itself. Just boiling it down to your absolute one way or another type of thinking is reductionist and shitty.

Don't feel bad. Lots of people like shitty games.

Yeah going from playing Rare's games on Nintendo systems to seeing Conker on Xbox was crazy. MS should do something with Conker again. That was a really fun game with some great humor in it.

Conker was great. Unfortunately for me I read Matt Cassamasina's previews before release, where he systematically spoiled the entire fucking game.

Lot of parts of the game were revolutionary. Specifically the Matrix level (best Matrix recreation in ANY game) and the 3rd person shooter zombie portion.

The War multiplayer mode was awesome as well.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I very much disagree, some of the DLC they added was a blast, and a lot of the different game types were really well done. The jump was to floaty to be a hardcore platformer like Mario, but LBP2 is a great game.

I dunno, after spending a few hours slapping your friends into pitfalls, it lost its lustre.

Sorry to break up the thread with football. Carry on.

There's a steroid joke to be made but I'll pass until I hear he's all right.

Draxal

No clue, i'm just guessing Dragon's Dogma.

Top Bottom