• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Guys, tell me why I should keep my PS4 pre-order. I literally did it primarily for FFXV and KH3 and now both are going to Xbox... The PS3 was a massive disappointment in games for me and the only reason I felt alright with my purchase is that it was my blu ray player. They don't have that niche this time around. I do not want to buy a console solely for naughty dog games, it'd make me a hypocrite for why I refuse to buy the Wii U. Keep in mind I could give a fuck about the 'restrictions' on Xbox as they don't apply to me (I prefer always playing online and never buy used games). It's a nice piece of hardware for the right price but after being disappointed with the library they produced in 8 years or so time...why should I have faith in the PS4?

As for Wii U....LOL 3DS is indeed Nintendo's next gen. 3D World is a huge step back from the Galaxy series and most people are understandbly disappointed. It looks fun, don't get me wrong, but when you expect Galaxy 3 and see that instead...yeah. Donkey looked good and that's about it for the Wii U that you can't get elsewhere. Smash Bros is on 3DS and there was no Zelda Wii U in sight. No Metroid. What an awful showing when they are desperate to give gamers a reason to buy this machine. Just stick to handhelds and drop the console business ffs. You have absolutely no idea what you're doing.

Greg

A. He's SIXTY-THREE!
B. I'm betting he's faster than you, too.
C. Sorry bro.
1) he has all that wisdom on me
2) I'd bet all my money he isn't
not that much anyways
3) you should be sorry!

lol greg hardy crazy
Why shoot low, right? If I'm going to shoot at it, I'm going to shoot at it with a 50 caliber. I'm going to shoot at a little bird with a 50-caliber bullet.

damnit

I WASN'T CRANKY! MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!

I feel fine. Was very unproductive, but not sure if that was just me being me or me being tired.
more like Cranky Patriot

Have had this sore throat since friday. Clinic told me its not strep and probably viral.

This shit better pass soon, its getting to the point where Im forgetting what it feels like to feel well.

bionic77

Greg I need to play you in bball to shut down all these nonsense about you dunking.

When you get beat down by a guy twice your age with bad knees then you will have to be quiet about that shit for at least a year!

Also, how the fuck are you bastards getting online today? This place seemed to shutdown after the Nintendo conference.

ChanHuk

Banned
Preordered a PS4 with Amazon. Ordered a Wii U and cancelled immediately with Amazon just for shits and giggles.

And did you all remember while we were down that Pats fans are the worst?

squicken

Every time I checked GAF today it was down. Guess it was up occasionally. One time a year I want to read gaming side and it doesn't work

-Ed Reed said his hip injury was from Brady's kick, and he and Kubiak both confirmed he hid it from the team when they signed him

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Guys, tell me why I should keep my PS4 pre-order. I literally did it primarily for FFXV and KH3 and now both are going to Xbox... The PS3 was a massive disappointment in games for me and the only reason I felt alright with my purchase is that it was my blu ray player. They don't have that niche this time around. I do not want to buy a console solely for naughty dog games, it'd make me a hypocrite for why I refuse to buy the Wii U. Keep in mind I could give a fuck about the 'restrictions' on Xbox as they don't apply to me (I prefer always playing online and never buy used games). It's a nice piece of hardware for the right price but after being disappointed with the library they produced in 8 years or so time...why should I have faith in the PS4?
PS4 is the new 360, and then some.

Besides, when games are multiplatform then the platforms themselves become decisive. Go with the better one.

Eleuin

Congras on making it through your trial by fire.

Haha thanks, helps that the site was down half the time with stuff like this happening
24426710.png

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm pretty sure that for a great deal of time yesterday, one of the servers choked up completely then the load balancing broke, shuffling all incoming traffic to the server that seemed to be doing the least.

And thus a seven box setup quickly became a weakest link scenario.

more like Cranky Patriot

I was a tad cranky this morning.

I entered the train station and saw this guy with a Guitar case on his back, looking like one of those smug motherfuckers who plays Wonderwall at parties.

I proceeded to my platform and saw him walk away, so I thought I dodged a bullet. Arriving at my platform, I saw I was a little early and the train a little late. But the sun was out so I sat down on a bench.

And guess who walks up! Guitar asshole. He sits down right on the bench behind me, unpacks his guitar and starts playing.

I stood up, made sure he heard when I said 'GOD' in a very angry manner and walked to the other side of the platform.

Mario looks meh.
4 player is cool I guess but guess what... no online.

Donkey Kong Country: Baja Blast looks alright. Dixie is the best but it still looks sluggish and humorless. Nothing looks as cool as their sillouette levels either.

Fantomex

Man that PS4 and 3DS will be it for me next gen. Pokemans is awesome. I'm sure my kid will continue beating me down in Smash Bros. I just don't get that game.

PS4 is the new 360, and then some.

Besides, when games are multiplatform then the platforms themselves become decisive. Go with the better one.

How so? I didn't see a single compelling exclusive for Sony as of yet. FFXV is so high on my wish list that I overlooked it until today's news. I prefer Xbox Live to PSN and have a large community of friends built up on it, that goes a long way towards deciding which system I want to buy games for. Unless all my friends buy PS4's and not Xbox Ones, of course. I always vastly prefer the xbox controller, 360 controller is my favorite of all time. I even use it to play PC games. This is why it's crucial to me for Sony to have great exclusives. Part of me hopes PS4 versions of third party games do look better so I'll feel compelled to buy that version (single player anyway) but I remember all the hoopla when we saw the PS3 was more powerful and it amounted to nothing. I think there's great potential for difference this time as memory is what separates them and that can be huge but the draw distance on MGS V on the Xbox looked great so it makes me wonder how big a deal it will really be. It seems like the same arguments as last time and things didn't work out the way people expected.

bionic77

Where can I find a replay of Nintendo Direct?
Blarry's infamous pic sums it up.

Also :JNC at the weak whores here and on GAF who are are talking themselves into the Xbone. MS could rape their grandparents in front of them and some gamers would still buy into it,

Blarry's infamous pic sums it up.

Also :JNC at the weak whores here and on GAF who are are talking themselves into the Xbone. MS could rape their grandparents in front of them and some gamers would still buy into it,

Please tell me how they are raping me? I ALWAYS play online on my 360 because I like to use party chat and see what my friends are up to online. I NEVER buy used games, why should I when I can afford new? So these 'restrictions' aren't shit to me. So pray tell, how are they screwing me over?

How so? I didn't see a single compelling exclusive for Sony as of yet. FFXV is so high on my wish list that I overlooked it until today's news. I prefer Xbox Live to PSN and have a large community of friends built up on it, that goes a long way towards deciding which system I want to buy games for. Unless all my friends buy PS4's and not Xbox Ones, of course. I always vastly prefer the xbox controller, 360 controller is my favorite of all time. I even use it to play PC games. This is why it's crucial to me for Sony to have great exclusives. Part of me hopes PS4 versions of third party games do look better so I'll feel compelled to buy that version (single player anyway) but I remember all the hoopla when we saw the PS3 was more powerful and it amounted to nothing. I think there's great potential for difference this time as memory is what separates them and that can be huge but the draw distance on MGS V on the Xbox looked great so it makes me wonder how big a deal it will really be. It seems like the same arguments as last time and things didn't work out the way people expected.
So then buy an Xbox One. You seem to have your mind made up so I don't know why you're asking anyone to convince you of anything. You just made the argument to yourself as to why a PS4 doesn't make sense for you.

Please tell me how they are raping me? I ALWAYS play online on my 360 because I like to use party chat and see what my friends are up to online. I NEVER buy used games, why should I when I can afford new? So these 'restrictions' aren't shit to me. So pray tell, how are they screwing me over?
So you don't generally care about your consumer rights. That's fair but you asked for people to convince you to keep a PS4 preorder (that you made despite saying it doesn't have a single compelling exclusive...makes sense!) and are then arguing with them about why the Xbox One makes the most sense.

See my comments above.;)

Greg

Greg I need to play you in bball to shut down all these nonsense about you dunking.

When you get beat down by a guy twice your age with bad knees then you will have to be quiet about that shit for at least a year!

Also, how the fuck are you bastards getting online today? This place seemed to shutdown after the Nintendo conference.
I already told you I'm terrible at basketball. I will jump higher and beat you at tennis and ping pong though!

I was a tad cranky this morning.

I entered the train station and saw this guy with a Guitar case on his back, looking like one of those smug motherfuckers who plays Wonderwall at parties.

I proceeded to my platform and saw him walk away, so I thought I dodged a bullet. Arriving at my platform, I saw I was a little early and the train a little late. But the sun was out so I sat down on a bench.

And guess who walks up! Guitar asshole. He sits down right on the bench behind me, unpacks his guitar and starts playing.

I stood up, made sure he heard when I said 'GOD' in a very angry manner and walked to the other side of the platform.
:jnc

No one has a crystal ball, and it seems you've already made up your mind anyways. I will say though that it seems like the PS4's edge in hardware will be easier to tap into this time around. Who knows if that will translate into multiplatform titles, but it certainly can't hurt if you're interested in more than the community and controller you play with.

These systems are just launching, so think back in terms of launches and what was available then compared to what's available now.

squicken

Harbaugh has some strong words for Cheatin Pe(d)te's team

"I’ve heard this thrown out or that, but that’s usually the agent or the players themselves saying it’s, for example, Adderal," Harbaugh said. "But the NFL doesn’t release what it actually is, so you have no idea. You’re taking somebody at their word that I don’t know if you can take them at their word, understanding the circumstances."

Harbaugh said banned substances have "no place" in athletics.

"Play by the rules," Harbaugh said. "You want to be above reproach, especially when you’re good, because you don’t want people to come back and say, 'They're winning because they’re cheating.' That’s always going to be a knee-jerk reaction in my experience, since I was a little kid.

"We want to be a above reproach in everything and do everything by the rules. If you don’t, if you cheat to win, then you've already lost, according to Bo Schembechler. And Bo Schembechler is about next to the word of God. It’s not the word of God, but it’s close."

ChanHuk

Banned
Fantamex recommended me go to a Messican food truck, he also forgot to tell that if I can't speak tongues I won't be able to order anything. I proceeded to find the whitest looking Messican and asked him to order for me.

Verdict, tacos were meh, at least they made their own tortillas. The al pastor meat was swimming in a pool of grease, snesfreak definitely wouldn't want Freeman to learn of this truck.

Fantamex recommended me go to a Messican food truck, he also forgot to tell that if I can't speak tongues I won't be able to order anything. I proceeded to find the whitest looking Messican and asked him to order for me.

Verdict, tacos were meh, at least they made their own tortillas. The al pastor meat was swimming in a pool of grease, snesfreak definitely wouldn't want Freeman to learn of this truck.

you and fantomex must be bros irl

Top Bottom