• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

MechDX

hot as fuck

walmart%20whole%20crocodile%20jeffretbeam.jpg

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Larry Holder of the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports that outside linebacker Victor Butler tore his ACL during Tuesday’s OTA session.

Sucks for cajun.

Dragon

Banned
You can also put used games in your XB1 and play them. Sony saying that every game will work in any PS4 is PR speak. Publishers have the right to make you buy an online pass to play their game just like this gen. Unless you think the XB1 wont let you play a used game even if you pay a fee which seems to be against what MS has said.

Are you seriously this obtuse? Did you read the press release Microsoft released?

High five! It is good to be one of the beautiful people.

So am I getting this right, if you don't live in one of those countries, you can't activate the games and it's just a Blu-ray player who watches you records you whilst you sleep at night ?

To support Microsoft's whites only console I will run the fiber myself.

Never again will I play online games against poors in uncivilized nations like Poland and Portugal! The Xbone truly is the White rich man's console!

Fantomex

To all you early adopters, have fun with your Steel Diver, Kameo, Eternal Ring, Ever Grace, Battle Arena Toshinden, ESPN Extreme Games, Zero Divide, Turok Dinosaur Hunter, Blue Stinger, Kessen, Fantavision, Orphen, Wild Wild Racing, Dave Mira BMX, GUN, Amped 3, Genji, Untold Legends plus Happy Feet.

3 months after launch, when a steady diet of Ramen is your only sustenance, when you fanboys look up and shout "Save Us" I'll look down and whisper "NO".

Hunter S.

That was just PR during E3 once the conference was over they talked about the real policy.

Sony Computer Entertainment America boss Jack Tretton emphasized to GTTV that decisions concerning DRM will be in the hands of the companies that are bringing games to the PS4.

"The Online Pass program for PlayStation first-party games will not continue on PlayStation 4. Similar to PS3, we will not dictate the online used game strategy (the ability to play used games online) of its publishing partners."

3rd parties are free to use online passes if they chose to.
#Nothinghaschanged

Are you seriously this obtuse? Did you read the press release Microsoft released?

I did but why dont you explain to me how it wont let you play a used game at all. I must have missed that part.

Did you guys see this PS4 UI video? Sony should have shown this during their conference. It is crazy how fast it boots up and then starts a game. I also love how you can chose which part of a game game to download first the mp or sp. It also has some new footage of Knack and Killzone SF. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OegYm1dM9g

ChanHuk

Banned
To all you early adopters, have fun with your Steel Diver, Kameo, Eternal Ring, Ever Grace, Battle Arena Toshinden, ESPN Extreme Games, Zero Divide, Turok Dinosaur Hunter, Blue Stinger, Kessen, Fantavision, Orphen, Wild Wild Racing, Dave Mira BMX, GUN, Amped 3, Genji, Untold Legends plus Happy Feet.

3 months after launch, when a steady diet of Ramen is your only sustenance, when you fanboys look up and shout "Save Us" I'll look down and whisper "NO".

Where my tacos at dirtbag?

Gonna be flipping my PS4, kinda iffy about it because eBay sucks and CL is even shadier. Fuck it, I'll sell PS4s
boxes
out of the back of an ambulance.

Dragon

Banned
I did but why dont you explain to me how it wont let you play a used game at all. I must have missed that part.

You were equating the PS4 and Xbox One by saying they both play used games. That's incredibly disingenuous. The process isn't close to the same thing. I'm not explaining it on here, I've ruined this thread enough with my flabberghastery.

Don't forget about the kangaroo. Those things aren't cheap.

Sony, contact me pls. I would love to have a kangaroo.

Also, BREAKING NEWS!

Jeff Howe said:
Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 8m
QB stats in 11-on-11s today: Brady (11-19, INT), Mallett (10-14), Tebow (6-9). Tebow's only reps again were in opportunity time.

That Mallet kid is pretty good huh...

I mean, GO TEBOW!

Fantomex

Where my tacos at dirtbag?

Gonna be flipping my PS4, kinda iffy about it because eBay sucks and CL is even shadier. Fuck it, I'll sell PS4s
boxes
out of the back of an ambulance.

You said you didn't approve of my offer. Degenerate drunkard. Good luck selling PS4's at teh swapmeet where all your people carry no more than $40 bucks. Barato, Barato, Barato.

You were equating the PS4 and Xbox One by saying they both play used games. That's incredibly disingenuous. The process isn't close to the same thing. I'm not explaining it on here, I've ruined this thread enough with my flabberghastery.

Yankee is just tryna get paid. Reputation Management son. Microsoft making sure he get paid.

I wasnt saying they were the same at all. spectral said no online passes on PS4 because of Sony saying NO DRM during their press conference. I was just pointing out that those things are not true. I have no idea, and neither does anyone in this thread or on this board, how MS' DRM will actually work. We dont know how people will trade in used games, or how family sharing will work. It is a very safe bet that it will be more restrictive then Sony's but that doesnt change the fact that Sony saying no DRM was just PR because 3rd parties can enfore DRM on the PS4 if they want, and like many did this gen.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

PS3 launched with a total of 12 games. PS4 will be launching with a lot more than that obviously.

Only thing that bums me out is no GTA or GT for the PS4. Rockstar is playing it smart though because a ton of people would just wait a month or so for the next gen version.

That Mallet kid is pretty good huh...

I mean, GO TEBOW!
Tebow is factually 9% more accurate than Brady. The ball is in Belichick's court at this point, either bench Brady for the real no. 1 QB on your roster or face the wrath of fans and media members who see the bullet making its way towards the team's foot in slow motion.

Greatness can't be harnessed. Greatness can't be restrained. Greatness... cannot be kept on the bench. Your time is up Brady.

bionic77

The games always suck for early adopters but the experience is awesome.

If you have the money and time I would suggest being an early adopter of pretty much all of the consoles.

For myself for my next console the Vita hardware really appeals to me, but the realist in me is probably just going to get the 4 for FIFA/PES lessons for Dutch and the rest of the NFL Gaffers who think they can play.

Fantomex

PS3 launched with a total of 12 games. PS4 will be launching with a lot more than that obviously.

Only thing that bums me out is no GTA or GT for the PS4. Rockstar is playing it smart though because a ton of people would just wait a month or so for the next gen version.

True, but you gotta remember that "Launch Titles" are in a class by themselves bruh. Out of 50 titles, maybe 7 will be good and out of that 2-3 might be memorable and stand the test of time. I'm just saying.

On another note, I've been watching and attending E3 for many many years. I don't know why but I felt so bad for the dude playing Assassins Creed during the PS4 conference. I have no idea why, but I want to buy that game just for that guy and how bad I felt.

He was the best ILB on the roster before injury.
If it has something to do with that and not money, then ok.

Why people have a boner for Jones is beyond me.

brentech

my provider putting a usage cap on me makes me really sad now, regardless of what I'm playing on. I'm going to buy some monkeys and bring them to the Armstrong Cable offices, just so they can throw poo all over the place.

Draxal

The games always suck for early adopters but the experience is awesome.

If you have the money and time I would suggest being an early adopter of pretty much all of the consoles.

For myself for my next console the Vita hardware really appeals to me, but the realist in me is probably just going to get the 4 for FIFA/PES lessons for Dutch and the rest of the NFL Gaffers who think they can play.

Eh, the early adopter really sucked for the 3ds; love hardware revisions that are ten times superior.

Draft

X360 launch had Condemned which remains one of the better experiences on the console.

ari

Banned
Definitely getting both consoles but getting the Xbox one first.

Killer instinct, madden, cod, dead rising 3, titanfall, forza 5, and battlefield 4.

Waiting on more gameplay vids of Ryse, but it looks like a later pickup.

Amazing launch lineup.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Definitely getting both consoles but getting the Xbox one first.

Killer instinct, madden, cod, dead rising 3, titanfall, forza 5, and battlefield 4.

Waiting on more gameplay vids of Ryse, but it looks like a later pickup.

Amazing launch lineup.

Titanfall isnt out till the spring.

eznark

Banned
1.5 Megabits is not even broadband.

Thats a pretty low requirement. But then again DRM doesn't require a lot of bandwidth...

No joke, 1mb down was the fastest available internet for me at my house until about 2 months ago. Now I get 5 down. Wooooo...... sigh

Top Bottom