• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
"If you cheat to win, then you've already lost." - 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh yesterday.

Shots fired.

NO they said 3rd parties can do online passes just like current gen.

You're right, they said that they (Sony) won't have them, and they hope that since everyone is dropping it for the current gen, they think it'll stay that way.

Sony specifically stated that there will not be online passes on the ps4.

That was just PR during E3 once the conference was over they talked about the real policy.

Sony Computer Entertainment America boss Jack Tretton emphasized to GTTV that decisions concerning DRM will be in the hands of the companies that are bringing games to the PS4.

"The Online Pass program for PlayStation first-party games will not continue on PlayStation 4. Similar to PS3, we will not dictate the online used game strategy (the ability to play used games online) of its publishing partners."

3rd parties are free to use online passes if they chose to.

Wrayfield

There aren't any good action-style sports games (Madden, NHL, MLB) on the PC. There are some awesome sports spreadsheet games like OOTP and Hockey Manager. There are also some games based on scripted "sports" like NBA which people seem to like. All in all though if you want to play a sports game you need a console.

Win8 seemed like a good idea to make at least some Xbone games compatible with it in some sort of Xbone mode. That would make sports games on PC a nice alternative if you didn't want to buy a console :(

BigAT

How were they anyways?

I never actually saw any of it because it was an extra $10/month purely to get ESPN3D on FIOS. Fuuuuuuuuck that.

Glad it's gone. Hopefully this marks the death of 3D TV and a sign of the impending doom of 3D in general. Worst trend ever.

Greg

I never actually saw any of it because it was an extra $10/month purely to get ESPN3D on FIOS. Fuuuuuuuuck that.

Glad it's gone. Hopefully this marks the death of 3D TV and a sign of the impending doom of 3D in general. Worst trend ever.
Damn.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
BMkLue5CIAAkw1e.jpg

cdyhybrid

I saw the Oregon/Auburn NCG in 3D being replayed at a Comcast booth in a mall a while back. It was interesting but not mind-blowing or anything. Definitely wouldn't pay the extra thousands of dollars for it.

squicken

Amazon guy on Twitter said if you got your pre-order in before noon yesterday, you will be getting a unit at launch. For those that went that route

bionic77

There aren't any good action-style sports games (Madden, NHL, MLB) on the PC. There are some awesome sports spreadsheet games like OOTP and Hockey Manager. There are also some games based on scripted "sports" like NBA which people seem to like. All in all though if you want to play a sports game you need a console.
Thats what I figured.

Well I pretty much just want a PS4 for the soccer games and maybe a 3rd person shooter or rpg or two.

I train with LeBron in Ohio.
Train with LeBron?

Dude why didn't you just tell me that you did HGH?

Amazon guy on Twitter said if you got your pre-order in before noon yesterday, you will be getting a unit at launch. For those that went that route
Lucky for me. I was gonna prepare after work yesterday, but saw that thread and decided to just go for it then.
Edit: looks like I did mine about 12:20 est but I got one. Cutting it close

Greg

Train with LeBron?

Dude why didn't you just tell me that you did HGH?
It's only true if I get caught and then my appeal is denied!

And why do you think LeBron has looked so lost recently? He saw my potential and knew his legacy as the greatest regular season player was threatened.

And why do you think LeBron has looked so lost recently? He saw my potential and knew his legacy as the greatest regular season player was threatened.
He gave your friends some ammunition last night. That performance was pitiful.

He gave your friends some ammunition last night. That performance was pitiful.

Yeah no way would a Jordan or Kobe onyl have 4 points in a half in the finals. Best part of the game for me was in the 4th quarter Lebron took the ball to the basket and a Spur came towards him and he jumped backwards and just chucked the ball up and it hit the top of the backboard. I have never seen a player more afraid of contact then that.

Dragon

Banned
That was just PR during E3 once the conference was over they talked about the real policy.

Sony Computer Entertainment America boss Jack Tretton emphasized to GTTV that decisions concerning DRM will be in the hands of the companies that are bringing games to the PS4.

"The Online Pass program for PlayStation first-party games will not continue on PlayStation 4. Similar to PS3, we will not dictate the online used game strategy (the ability to play used games online) of its publishing partners."

3rd parties are free to use online passes if they chose to.

PR? You can buy used games and put them in your console and play them. Without the hassle of this utter insane Microsoft policy. I know we've had our differences in the past, but I sincerely cannot believe you'd actual defend Microsoft's policy on DRM and used games. It is not comparable to Steam or any other thing before it.

Sure third parties can do this with the PS4, they could do that with the PS3 as well.

bionic77

Why did he suck?

Because he is a one trick pony who never developed any sort of game outside of his athleticism and getting to the rim. Take away his ability to get to the basket and he gets scared to do anything else, because he can't do anything else. Without the drive the Spurs are not giving him room to take uncontested threes. And unfortunately he never spent time developing a midrange game so he is fucked.

Now why did he never develop a midrange game? I don't know the answer to that. Could because he was so talented that he coasted on his ability. Could be because he just isn't skilled enough for it. No one knows the answer to that (except Skip Bayless). Ask the King himself the next time you guys are injecting each other in the ass with HGH.

Ed just don't give a fuck

Wow look at all that press surrounding that one guy.

Oh wait.

UeiuEGg.jpg

Tebow handing off the ball to LeGarrette Blount with the hand of God.
tOiTCJy.png

Look at that bicep!
9ncnChC.png

That's a man that fills out a shirt nicely.
c93mS9d.png

A look at the future of the Patriots organization.....And Ryan Mallett
HyvcWBY.png

tumblr_loaqvvkQiT1qio1x3.gif

Greg

Why did he suck?

Because he is a one trick pony who never developed any sort of game outside of his athleticism and getting to the rim. Take away his ability to get to the basket and he gets scared to do anything else, because he can't do anything else. Without the drive the Spurs are not giving him room to take uncontested threes. And unfortunately he never spent time developing a midrange game so he is fucked.

Now why did he never develop a midrange game? I don't know the answer to that. Could because he was so talented that he coasted on his ability. Could be because he just isn't skilled enough for it. No one knows the answer to that (except Skip Bayless). Ask the King himself the next time you guys are injecting each other in the ass with HGH.
bionic77
Please, don't ask ME about LeBron James!

Wow look at all that press surrounding that one guy.

Oh wait.
:jnc

bionic77

bionic77
Please, don't ask ME about LeBron James!

:jnc
Hey I hate Jordan. My feelings for LeBron pale in comparison. I just hate some of the hype built up around the guy and of course the Decision.

Also seeing Tebow in a Pats jersey probably killed my boner for at least a month.

Thanks New England!

Quick update:

My mom was taken off the ventilator today, she is awake and talking. She is very tired but seems to be putting up a very good fight. Still has to have a machine to help her kidneys function but everything seems to be improving.

I'm going to go see her after I get off work but my wife (a RN) seems optimistic so that's good.

PR? You can buy used games and put them in your console and play them. Without the hassle of this utter insane Microsoft policy. I know we've had our differences in the past, but I sincerely cannot believe you'd actual defend Microsoft's policy on DRM and used games. It is not comparable to Steam or any other thing before it.

Sure third parties can do this with the PS4, they could do that with the PS3 as well.

You can also put used games in your XB1 and play them. Sony saying that every game will work in any PS4 is PR speak. Publishers have the right to make you buy an online pass to play their game just like this gen. Unless you think the XB1 wont let you play a used game even if you pay a fee which seems to be against what MS has said.

eznark

Banned
Quick update:

My mom was taken off the ventilator today, she is awake and talking. She is very tired but seems to be putting up a very good fight. Still has to have a machine to help her kidneys function but everything seems to be improving.

I'm going to go see her after I get off work but my wife (a RN) seems optimistic so that's good.

Yeah buddy!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You can also put used games in your XB1 and play them. Sony saying that every game will work in any PS4 is PR speak.
They were pretty clear and up front from the beginning: They aren't changing things from the PS3.

PS3 level isn't spotless, but it's still pretty good.

Fantomex

Quick update:

Thanks for the update. Great news Story. The fact she is off the ventilator and breathing on her own is always a positive.

Greg

Great! I'll sell it to Dutch for $1000 worth of whatever crazy currency he uses.
Brady-worn panties

Quick update:

That's great to hear man.

patrickklepek
BTW, got confrimation from a rep yestereday: Xbox One's NFL stuff only has http://NFL.com 's fantasy football leagues, not Yahoo, etc

They paid all that money for that? Some kind of partnership.

That is so fucking stupid. What an insane waste of money. I know a ton of people that do fantasy football and it is all yahoo leagues. I guess I will try out the NFL.com leagues this year.

They were pretty clear and up front from the beginning: They aren't changing things from the PS3.

PS3 level isn't spotless, but it's still pretty good.

I agree. I was only replying to someone who said no online passes at all on PS4.

Hey I hate Jordan. My feelings for LeBron pale in comparison. I just hate some of the hype built up around the guy and of course the Decision.

Also seeing Tebow in a Pats jersey probably killed my boner for at least a month.

Thanks New England!

Your wife wouldn't have sex with you anyway. Boners are no good to you.

Great! I'll sell it to Dutch for $1000 worth of whatever crazy currency he uses.

Currency? We trade ducks and other small animals. I will give you 10 ducks and a rabbit for the PS4.

Quick update:

Good to hear.

Brady-worn panties

Why would I trade my most priced possession. When I sniff really hard, I can smell his ball sweat.

Quick update:

Great to hear, man. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here.

Brady-worn panties
On second thought...

Currency? We trade ducks and other small animals. I will give you 10 ducks and a rabbit for the PS4.
You should make a thread on the gaming side complaining about how the PS4/XBO is overpriced in terms of ducks and rabbits.

Quick update:

Awesome!

bionic77

Your wife wouldn't have sex with you anyway. Boners are no good to you.

Good to hear.

Why would I trade my most priced possession. When I sniff really hard, I can smell his ball sweat.
That might be ball sweat that you smell but we can all agree that it ain't Shadys!

Storybook great news.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Quick update:

I'm always down for good news. Thanks for the update.

ChanHuk

Banned
Quick update:

Getting off the vent is the hardest part, especially for older patients. Being off the vent means she's getting better and should be out of the ICU soon.

brentech

I don't own a 3D TV. Why would someone do that to themselves?? Watching 3DTV is like playing Battlefield on a console.
Mine is 3D, but we've never used it. Bought the TV for the Smart TV functionality. Just happened to be 3D as well.

I think we watched a trailer in 3D once. I still been meaning to see what GT5 is like in 3D mode.

Top Bottom