• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

I think James Lauranitis is a good football player. He's also the 5th best middle linebacker in his own division. Sometimes you are up against a stacked deck, and you have to respect that. Pete is a good coach with a good eye for talent, but Harbs is better

How is Harbs better? For his NFL career anyway, Harbaugh walked into a team stacked with talent and started winning. Cheatin Pete walked into a mess of a team and turned it back to respectability. Frankly I give Pete the edge.

Poor Niners players can't even handle a 5 hour plane ride! No wonder they can't beat us or the Flaccos! And no chance you would have beat us unless you started Tinyhands. The Harbs era was destined to be ringless as soon as he benched Alex!

i will worry about alex when we meet the chiefs in the superbowl this year. no need to discuss him before then!

Milchjon

I did grow up watching a lot of tv.

Why do you think I am mean? I thought I was known as the wise old nice guy around here whose opinions on football, videogames and life were treasured by all?

YOU CALLED ME A TURD!

I have feelings! Somewhere.

Crying-Steelers-Fan.jpg

cdyhybrid

How is Harbs better? For his NFL career anyway, Harbaugh walked into a team stacked with talent and started winning. Cheatin Pete walked into a mess of a team and turned it back to respectability. Frankly I give Pete the edge.

Exactly! If anyone could recognize the contrast between a mediocre coach and a good one, it would be Cowher-Tomlin era Steeler fans!

i will worry about alex when we meet the chiefs in the superbowl this year. no need to discuss him before then!

The curse is omnipresent, Alex doesn't have to be in the same stadium!

cdyhybrid

I never stretch when I go for a run or work out at the gym. Randy Moss doesn't stretch, so I don't stretch.

Side note, there was a hole in the pocket of my pants. See how I said was? I've sewed that shit up. #Hardcore

Don't act surprised. You know you were using it for that hot pocket action.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Pete and John pretty much wiped out the whole roster. Only a few players around today weren't brought on the team by them.

Arians wants to get going when practice starts, players have to stretch before it starts on their own time. I don't really like that, some players might be too lazy or undisciplined to do it on their own...if we are plagued with injuries again..... I hope the captains organize something to get the other guys to do it.

I am all about the 3DS. Been saying it for a long time here now. Mario and Luigi and Zelda both look fantastic. Loved the Mario and Luigi games on DS and GBA.

I will probably get on board the PS4 next year. At this point all I care about on next gen consoles is the sports games. Some of the games did look great though but I have no time to play that shit so I am going to wait a bit.

If the Wii U ever gets any good games I will probably bite if the system is 200 or less. Fuck the Bone. No interest in that whatsoever.
Oh I know you are, I meant as far as games go (genre, etc.). You've played the previous Mario Luigi games? Good taste, sir. I have all three thus far and now that I have a 3DS, I can keep it going. Launch games are always shit so you just have to be patient. We'll be enjoying Zelda 3DS while we wait.

bionic77

I never stretch when I go for a run or work out at the gym. Randy Moss doesn't stretch, so I don't stretch.

Side note, there was a hole in the pocket of my pants. See how I said was? I've sewed that shit up. #Hardcore
:lol

Not stretching when you are a kid is easy. Try that no stretch shit once you get old!

Arians wants to get going when practice starts, players have to stretch before it starts on their own time. I don't really like that, some players might be too lazy or undisciplined to do it on their own...if we are plagued with injuries again..... I hope the captains organize something to get the other guys to do it.

Oh I know you are, I meant as far as games go (genre, etc.). You've played the previous Mario Luigi games? Good taste, sir. I have all three thus far and now that I have a 3DS, I can keep it going. Launch games are always shit so you just have to be patient. We'll be enjoying Zelda 3DS while we wait.
Sorry about Arians...

Yes I played at least two of the previous ML games. Nintendo really nails the fuck out of the gameplay in those games. Somehow those battles are much more fun than in almost any Square game in the last 10 years (all 2 of them). The Mario RPG for the cube was good too. I don't remember playing one for the Wii or even if one came out.

Welp. I have to be up at 4 am tomorrow but I'm going to Chinatown to grab The Last of Us. Wish me luck!
I'll be gone all weekend starting tomorrow right after work so I won't be able to play it until probably Sunday night or Monday. Stupid Friday release day.

I'm so excited to get into it, though.

squicken

I don't know PIT didn't sign Tebow, honestly. Yeah sure, you have to worry about Ben trying to de-flower him in the stalls, but Tebow is strong enough to fight him off. He's a better QB than Batch and Leftwich were

bionic77

I don't know PIT didn't sign Tebow, honestly. Yeah sure, you have to worry about Ben trying to de-flower him in the stalls, but Tebow is strong enough to fight him off. He's a better QB than Batch and Leftwich were
He is the best qb in the league.

But the league is full of godless heathens with no faith and are afraid to give him a chance.

He did better on the Broncos with less talent than your false big headed god Peyton Manning!

squicken

He is the best qb in the league.

But the league is full of godless heathens with no faith and are afraid to give him a chance.

He did better on the Broncos with less talent than your false big headed god Peyton Manning!

I know it gets confusing, but I'm not a huge Peyton fan

Sorry about Arians...

Yes I played at least two of the previous ML games. Nintendo really nails the fuck out of the gameplay in those games. Somehow those battles are much more fun than in almost any Square game in the last 10 years (all 2 of them). The Mario RPG for the cube was good too. I don't remember playing one for the Wii or even if one came out.

I'm choosing to be optimistic as there is no way in hell our offense can be anywhere near as bad as last season. Palmer is better than what we had throwing the ball, Cooper will improve the OL and hopefully the run game, and we have a better stable of RB's this year. I also expect Floyd and Housler (TE) to really emerge this year.

The first game was on the GBA but is excellent. I love this series, they are so funny and charming and they kept the timed hits and other elements from the best Mario RPG of all which was actually made by Squaresoft on the SNES. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars is up there as one of my favorite games ever. It blows my mind they don't release it on a hand held, it's made for that shit with the camera position and would play fantastic. It came out on virtual console for the Wii so maybe one day it can hit the e-store for 3DS...One can hope. The Nintendo 64 started the Paper Mario series with Paper Mario 64 and the second Paper Mario was on the Cube, Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door which is what you're thinking of. The Wii had Super Paper Mario but it's not an RPG like the others, just uses the same art style. The 3DS Paper Mario Sticker Star is somewhat in-between but is fairly RPG like. Man, went on a rant there, apologies haha

I mean I respect how good he is and all. I just think both he and Brady coasted a lot to great regular season records by playing in really terrible divisions for most of their careers. Montana did too

Or the dominance of the one team made the other teams in the Division look worse then they really are?

Also,

Guy On Twitter said:
Great NFL mind? Bill Belichick has been on the sideline coaching for 32% of Super Bowls since the inception of the salary cap

Top Bottom