• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

bionic77

I'm choosing to be optimistic as there is no way in hell our offense can be anywhere near as bad as last season. Palmer is better than what we had throwing the ball, Cooper will improve the OL and hopefully the run game, and we have a better stable of RB's this year. I also expect Floyd and Housler (TE) to really emerge this year.

The first game was on the GBA but is excellent. I love this series, they are so funny and charming and they kept the timed hits and other elements from the best Mario RPG of all which was actually made by Squaresoft on the SNES. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars is up there as one of my favorite games ever. It blows my mind they don't release it on a hand held, it's made for that shit with the camera position and would play fantastic. It came out on virtual console for the Wii so maybe one day it can hit the e-store for 3DS...One can hope. The Nintendo 64 started the Paper Mario series with Paper Mario 64 and the second Paper Mario was on the Cube, Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door which is what you're thinking of. The Wii had Super Paper Mario but it's not an RPG like the others, just uses the same art style. The 3DS Paper Mario Sticker Star is somewhat in-between but is fairly RPG like. Man, went on a rant there, apologies haha
Yeah I had forgotten that the first Mario RPG was made by Square. Weird that they don't adopt some of the gameplay mechanics into their own rpgs. They don't really make many games anymore, but IF they did I would love to see them using some of the timing elements of the mario games instead of just the same old shit with stats and some management system. The timing element and the limited battles makes the games a billion times more fun to play.

Fantomex

Have a bag of dicks you overgrown excuse for a gibon.

tumblr_inline_mfykjimhc01rd308f.gif

Dragon

Banned
Yeah I had forgotten that the first Mario RPG was made by Square. Weird that they don't adopt some of the gameplay mechanics into their own rpgs. They don't really make many games anymore, but IF they did I would love to see them using some of the timing elements of the mario games instead of just the same old shit with stats and some management system. The timing element and the limited battles makes the games a billion times more fun to play.

Apparently the new South Park game is going to have these type of timing mechanisms and jRPG battles and it's being made by Obsidian, which is interesting. You may want to check it out. It seems to have the same irreverent humor that you seem to possess.

Draxal

Think how much more Fire Emblem would be with QTEs.

it wouldn't

Yeah the timed hits and blocks definitely get the player more involved. Every Mario RPG has them and I'm not sure why more turn-based RPG's didn't adopt it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah the timed hits and blocks definitely get the player more involved. Every Mario RPG has them and I'm not sure why more turn-based RPG's didn't adopt it.
I like how Valkyrie Profile made the entire process of attacking more free-form despite taking turns. Unfortunately in VP1 you don't get all the options like countering or baiting until much later in the game.

Although starting a string with magic did render a lot of it moot.

I like how Valkyrie Profile made the entire process of attacking more free-form despite taking turns. Unfortunately in VP1 you don't get all the options like countering or baiting until much later in the game.

Although starting a string with magic did render a lot of it moot.

That was one of the few RPGs of that era that somehow slipped through the cracks for me and I never played it.

bionic77

then make it your goal to get there one day. if it's not the best fast food burger you've ever had i will pay you $50,000 american
Its good for a fast food burger, but making your own shits all over it. I love summertime and grilling outside a few times a week.

I will say that I liked In n Out more than 5 guys.

I think the one thing we can all agree upon is that Burger King is the worst at everything. Or at least they used to be like 4 years ago or whenever the fuck the last time I went there. It is like that whole franchise is stuck in the 70s.

Its good for a fast food burger, but making your own shits all over it. I love summertime and grilling outside a few times a week.

I will say that I liked In n Out more than 5 guys.

I think the one thing we can all agree upon is that Burger King is the worst at everything. Or at least they used to be like 4 years ago or whenever the fuck the last time I went there. It is like that whole franchise is stuck in the 70s.

that goes for most foods though. it will always taste better made fresh at home. hard to beat in n out at fast food though

Draxal

then make it your goal to get there one day. if it's not the best fast food burger you've ever had i will pay you $50,000 american

Since In n Out isn't on the east coast is it truly a fast food place or is it more quick service place like Five Guys/Smashburger (which I think destroys Five Guys and holy hell have they expanded fast).

Quick Service meaning the food isn't ready to pickup on order like a fastfood place is.

cdyhybrid

we dont have in and out crap here

its a shitty worstcoast replacement of our long john silvers

There are organisms growing in dumpsters on the West Coast that taste better than anything you can find in the Northeast, especially Boston. Quit trying to leech NYC's shine.

Lunchbox

Banned
There are organisms growing in dumpsters on the West Coast that taste better than anything you can find in the Northeast, especially Boston. Quit trying to leech NYC's shine.
the northeast is the most healthiest part of the country

our food is for cultured mouths, and has heritage. its not made for burger chomping obese hillbillies who think olive garden is fine dining like eznark

aOvXVA3.jpg

cdyhybrid

Loser ass westcoasters trying to talk shit.

There is great food in Florida and the south.

You can't call us losers when the best QB in your team's history is a West Coast product!

fowNhSM.jpg

the northeast is the most healthiest part of the country

our food is for cultured mouths, and has heritage. its not made for burger chomping obese hillbillies who think olive garden is fine dining like eznark

aOvXVA3.jpg

You can't just ignore the existence of Pennsylvania, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York outside of NYC and Buffalo.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Everyone thinks that their food is the best around. The truth is that you can get a really damn good meal in most places, although the specific cuisine may vary.

The best Chinese food I've ever had was in London. Go figure.

Top Bottom