• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

He also did more with less than a lot of qbs in this league. He turned them around and made an immediate impact. All he did was win. And now he can't get another chance. :(

2.gif

I loved Man of Steel.Loved seeing a superhero be all ultra powerful and shit.
Exhaustion sets in after awhile. I can only see a Kryptonian lobbed through a building so many times before it becomes meaningless.
(and seriously that whole world builder set pieces was just shit. A combination light show/SFX jerk off moment that I could barely follow and that could have been cut without any consequences to the story. It's a terraforming unit - why is it even attacking him?)

Not to mention, for a guy that seemingly loves the people of earth - Superman doesn't apparently give a shit about the collateral damage he's causing.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Preordered a PS4 at gamestop. They said that they were all out of xbone preorders. Of course, they said they had an allocation of 6 xbones and over 30 ps4s.

Preordered a PS4 at gamestop. They said that they were all out of xbone preorders. Of course, they said they had an allocation of 6 xbones and over 30 ps4s.

They must be trying to create greater demand by short supplying them even more upfront. That's the only thing I can think of. Sony's being very generous with their Allocations.

They must be trying to create greater demand by short supplying them even more upfront. That's the only thing I can think of. Sony's being very generous with their Allocations.

I heard that MS was just keeping the numbers down everywhere until they are sure how many they will have for launch. With the 360 tons of people that pre-ordered wound up waiting since they could deliver as many as they thought they could. Glad I got mine in before they were all gone.

eznark

Banned
"Supposedly" I don't see why it couldn't be what I said. It could be apart of a ploy to create a bigger demand, even with the negative PR they're getting.

Who knows, we'll see as we get closer.

Pretty reliable sources saying tere are problems with production. But yeah, it's probably Microsoft giving away a holiday season.

MechDX

Just met Brooks Reed Texans OLB at my store. Big guy but small legs.

Also my wife got me tickets to the Saints @ Texans game for Fathers Day!

"Supposedly" I don't see why it couldn't be what I said. It could be apart of a ploy to create a bigger demand, even with the negative PR they're getting.

Who knows, we'll see as we get closer.

What good is demand if you dont have products on the shelves? The reason that the 360 was lead platform on almost all 3rd party games was the bigger initially install base, no way would MS just concede that to Sony.

What good is demand if you dont have products on the shelves? The reason that the 360 was lead platform on almost all 3rd party games was the bigger initially install base, no way would MS just concede that to Sony.

They won't concede it, but the question will be how many boxes are on shelves and how many must have launch titles are there for the holiday?

This the 1st time Sony and Microsoft have their new consoles on store shelves before Christmas at the same time. No head start for either of them. MSFT fucked up with their PR and their stupid policies, and that's going to hurt them with the hardcore gamers. The question is whether when mom goes to buy little Johnny a new console for Christmas whether that extra $100 is going to dissuade her, and whether she asks "Which one has that camera thingy you can play games on?" ...

For all the shit that Wii got on GAF for its controller and its name, it kicked ass with the masses because now grandma could play games without having to learn all those buttons. Microsoft is trying to hit that market, but they've come out of the gate sounding like complete doofuses.

Sony can certainly capitalize here by 1, highlighting the cheaper price; 2, giving users games they want (questionable right now - and I'm not talking GAF but the maintstream); and 3, putting more product on the holiday shelf. If MSFT is sold out, will Mommy turn to Sony to appease Johnny's Christmas wishes?

AngmarsKing701 I totally agree with you I was just replying to the idea that MS has tons of consoles that they are holding back to artifically increase demand. Companies can do that in some industries but the console makers need to get as many as they possibly can into homes. Sony's production seems to be in much better shape then MS' so I expect the PS4 to badly outsell the XB1 this holiday, outside of that though it is impossible for anyone to predict what will happen. Hell the WiiU could turn things around and win the gen just like they won this gen easily.

brentech

AngmarsKing701 I totally agree with you I was just replying to the idea that MS has tons of consoles that they are holding back to artifically increase demand. Companies can do that in some industries but the console makers need to get as many as they possibly can into homes. Sony's production seems to be in much better shape then MS' so I expect the PS4 to badly outsell the XB1 this holiday, outside of that though it is impossible for anyone to predict what will happen. Hell the WiiU could turn things around and win the gen just like they won this gen easily.
They won sales, no doubt. They didn't win future customers. Also obvious.

I badly want to know what the launch lineup will be. I have an XB1 on pre-order and skipped the PS4 based on my expectation that XB1 will have more games that me and my friends will want to play together. I'd say of the main corps of friends who played MP together, 95% of them had a 360 and skipped the PS3 altogether. Assumption going forward is XB1 will hold sway with the same group of friends.

Christ, I just don't necessarily want both of the damn things next gen.

Project Spark and Dead Rising 3 are really the only things that sell the Bone. Pretty much everything else is going to be cross-generational or multi-platform.

Without teen boys I would be happily playing Steam games and saving over $500. YOLO.

Has Dead Rising 3 been confirmed as Xbox exclusive yet? I hope not, I know DR2 was on both, even if 360 got Case 0 and West as exclusives.

Project Spark and Dead Rising 3 are really the only things that sell the Bone. Pretty much everything else is going to be cross-generational or multi-platform.

Without teen boys I would be happily playing Steam games and saving over $500. YOLO.

Titanfall will be the first must have game but that wont be until the spring. Forza 5 looks amazing so I will be getting that at launch I am sure. Probably BF4 as well. CoD Ghosts looks like a 360 game so far so I might skip that unless they show something better before launch.

Has Dead Rising 3 been confirmed as Xbox exclusive yet? I hope not, I know DR2 was on both, even if 360 got Case 0 and West as exclusives.

100% exclusive.

Edit:

Title: “Dead Rising 3”

Publisher: Microsoft

Developers: Capcom Vancouver

Format: Blu-ray for the Xbox One video game and entertainment system; Xbox Live-enabled

ESRB rating: M for Mature (expected rating)

Price: $59.99 ERP1

Availability: November 2013

Titanfall will be the first must have game but that wont be until the spring. Forza 5 looks amazing so I will be getting that at launch I am sure. Probably BF4 as well. CoD Ghosts looks like a 360 game so far so I might skip that unless they show something better before launch.

Forza 5 and BF4 are must haves, but based on the link you sent me I'm not sure they are Bone exclusives. Obviously BF4 isn't, but even the Forza 5 link didn't indicate it was a Bone exclusive. So it might be coming to 360 and Bone.

I agree that if I'm going to get Boned (that was for you, bionic) that Spark, BF4, Forza 5, DR3 and CoD Ghosts are probably all launch titles to unwrap Christmas morning.

bionic77

I don't shop at GameStop because the smell of jizz and Doritos they have at all of their locations kind of grosses me out. But if I did I would enjoy watching them try to sabotage MS considering how hard they pushed it in past years.

Top Bottom