• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Eleuin

If you had the right group of people together that shit was magical, I hope sf's mp is more 2 than 3

The Bengals are on hard knocks? Tyler Eifert ;_;

Watched the warframe ps4 video, any of you interested in that at launch? I'm interested in Diablo 3 and planetside 2 if they really end up being launch games

Really? I thought it was coming out this Fall?

Knack is Mark Cerny and Sony Japan's new game.

The Witness is Jon Blow's game, which also looks cool.

"Destiny is easily looking like one of the best games to look forward to and now we know for sure that Destiny is going to have a 2014 release date. We initially thought the game would be out towards the end of 2013 on Xbox 360 and PS3, but at E3, Bungie confirmed that the game is coming out next year instead."

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The Bengals are on hard knocks? Tyler Eifert ;_;
Tyler-Eifert-TE-Notre-Dame-Pic1.jpg

Fap material for eznark.

JABEE

"Destiny is easily looking like one of the best games to look forward to and now we know for sure that Destiny is going to have a 2014 release date. We initially thought the game would be out towards the end of 2013 on Xbox 360 and PS3, but at E3, Bungie confirmed that the game is coming out next year instead."

:(

I thought that looked really good.

I hope they announce the new Medievil at Gamescom or something.

So other than Killzone (and really, how many FPSs do we need? if you're into Halo/BF4/CoD you can skip KZ, likewise if you're into KZ/BF4/CoD then you can skip Halo) and Infamous I see a ton of "unlikely for launch" and multi-plat games.

People are pissed about MSFT's policies; I get that. They fucked up the marketing and PR on this to a degree that marketing graduates will be using this E3 as thesis material within a year. I get that.

What I don't get it how people can look at the exclusives for each console and decide "no way am I getting Boned." I choose to look past all the retarded "no used games/internet connection" crap and see the games I want to play. When was the last time any of you turned on your console and it didn't automatically connect to the internet? The used game thing pisses me off, it does. But it basically means I'll just buy fewer games for the Bone than I would have. I personally think that hurts the developers/publishers more than they realize, but we're heading to a crash anyway.

I'm not sure many people are saying that. In fact, I think if you polled gamers, the majority would say Microsoft won E3 games wise. But Sony is launching at 100 dollars cheaper, with (what the tech guys tell me) a more powerful system, and without the DRM/always on hassles. That gives the hardcore gamers a lot of reasons to be excited over PS4 and not that many to be excited about the Xbone (and there are a lot of cool features on the Xbone that are being overlooked right now).

But we're trying to extrapolate public opinion from the massive overreaction of a vocal minority a few days after a major game conference. Once they're both out on the marketplace, I fully expect Xbox One to be a viable system. They'll probably lose this holiday season (maybe badly), but it's premature to completely write this gen off as PS2 and everybody else again.

:(

I thought that looked really good.

I hope they announce the new Medievil at Gamescom or something.

Yeah it looks like a really interesting mashup type game. The loot of borderlands plus the gun play of a game like CoD. I am really interested to see how the "raids" will work in game. I hope we get some more details soon. This next gen is going to be weird, buying a Bungie game on a Sony console and an Insomniac game on a MS console.

bionic77

Did you get mean stares?
Most of the time they behave pretty well so not yet. But it isn't anyone's idea of fun to feed themselves and a 2 year old at the same time (who often won't simply sit down and eat the fish we ordered without some persuasion).

Most of the stares we get are from the fact that we have twins.

JABEE

Just saw the new gameplay video for Knack. I'm not sure. I may wait and see what people think of it before picking it up.

Most of the time they behave pretty well so not yet. But it isn't anyone's idea of fun to feed themselves and a 2 year old at the same time (who often won't simply sit down and eat the fish we ordered without some persuasion).

Most of the stares we get are from the fact that we have twins.

Are they identical?

I'm not sure many people are saying that. In fact, I think if you polled gamers, the majority would say Microsoft won E3 games wise. But Sony is launching at 100 dollars cheaper, with (what the tech guys tell me) a more powerful system, and without the DRM/always on hassles. That gives the hardcore gamers a lot of reasons to be excited over PS4 and not that many to be excited about the Xbone (and there are a lot of cool features on the Xbone that are being overlooked right now).

But we're trying to extrapolate public opinion from the massive overreaction of a vocal minority a few days after a major game conference. Once they're both out on the marketplace, I fully expect Xbox One to be a viable system. They'll probably lose this holiday season (maybe badly), but it's premature to completely write this gen off as PS2 and everybody else again.

Great post. And I agree. MSFT bent themselves over and created all this havoc with some terrible PR and stupid policies. They have the games. That's what is important to me ultimately, and why I'm keeping the Bone pre-order and not getting a PS4 (at least not yet).

Man I played through 4 hours of tLou on hard today and my god that game is so fucking amazing. I am still thinking about the opening. ND does fuck around at all, those guys are straight up amazing. It is crazy how careful you have to be in that game, it is just perfect so afr.

Man I played through 4 hours of tLou on hard today and my god that game is so fucking amazing. I am still thinking about the opening. ND does fuck around at all, those guys are straight up amazing. It is crazy how careful you have to be in that game, it is just perfect so afr.
I'll have time to start it tomorrow night and I can't wait. So I'm guessing you recommend starting in hard?

Xece

Banned
Why does NFL gaf basically become the gaming forum during the off season. What puts me off of off season NFL Gaf is this annoying BS.

brentech

I started it on normal. i always seem to with ND games. Just to get a feel for the game itself.
I did turn off 'listening' and some of the other options as well.

cdyhybrid

Why does NFL gaf basically become the gaming forum during the off season. What puts me off of off season NFL Gaf is this annoying BS.
Would you prefer we talk about how terrible the Eagles are going to be and how big of a criminal their coach is?

We could talk about Jim Harbaugh on Judge Judy or guess how many pron stars Gronk has banged, if that's your thing.

This is the dead period of the year between OTA's and training camp, there's nothing of significance in the NFL to talk about right now.

It's a community. When the NFL gives us something to talk about we will, otherwise why not enjoy the community aspect? This place would be a ghost town right now if no one talked about anything besides football.

Then don't talk...
Either way you won't be reading about football so why bother whining about it?

Either way you won't be reading about football so why bother whining about it?
don't even bother talking to him, if he dosent like what goes on he can make his own NFL thread or find a different forum. Besides who gives a fuck what he's saying, he's just a junior. As far as I'm concerned if he does keep posting in here he's already dead to me.

jakncoke

Banned
Xeke?! Where have you been dude?

We're posting messages not talking. Not cool brah.

He as obvious at alts as snesfreak is lol

I thought the purpose of an alt was to ninja back and stay out of sight so you could post more. Not come back in gay pride colors chanting out of tune song lyrics while shooting guns in the area

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Damn, I wish Rugby had a bigger following in America. I'd love for there to be some sort of Professional Rugby league during the summer so we don't have to bore ourselves to death with baseball.

Other than Football I don't think there is a sport with as much physical intensity (maybe hockey?). Watch this Rugby pregame dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eGCsEQ15L4

bionic77

This is sad. I have a lot of disposable income and I am bored and thinking of buying some cool piece of tech in the next few months and I can't think of anything and honestly I am not that hard for either a Wii U or PS4.

Suggestions bros. What would you buy in this situation? Any really cool piece of tech that just came out or is coming out soon?

Talon

This is sad. I have a lot of disposable income and I am bored and thinking of buying some cool piece of tech in the next few months and I can't think of anything and honestly I am not that hard for either a Wii U or PS4.

Suggestions bros. What would you buy in this situation? Any really cool piece of tech that just came out or is coming out soon?
Buy 10 Thai children and start churning out counterfeit Nike gear.

Top Bottom