• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

So the Bengals again? Damn. Well at least it's not the Cowboys again.

Actually it will be kind of funny to laugh at Hue Jackson being the RBs coach. Can't really think of any other interesting story lines or position battles they will have though.

BigAT

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
Could someone remind Robert Kraft that it was David Tyree who stole one of his Super Bowl rings and Mario Manningham stole the other.

kraftpokrz.gif

NFL (taking a page from MS): move to a country with better sports!

Can I stay in your guest room? In return I will cook for your family and teach you children about Tim Tebow, the greatest of Patriots ever

Yep. Most hardcore fans on the planet!

;-)

I didn't wanna brag, but we really are.

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
Could someone remind Robert Kraft that it was David Tyree who stole one of his Super Bowl rings and Mario Manningham stole the other.]

So a homofoob, a murderous and corrupt homofoob and uuuuh Mario Manningham. Great group of guys.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm trying to play TF2 right now and when I try to connect to a server it says those servers are running a newer version of the game. Did I miss something? Its been a few months since I played TF2....

bionic77

Who would you rather house, a Pats fan or snesfreak?
Probably SNES because he is poor and wouldn't expect much. Also the whole not being a Pats fan thing.

Okay, then I'll just play games and eat your food.

I'll start packing now.
You can eat the food that my kids throw on the floor and sleep on the floor (outside in the summer).

Why would you teach your kids about Tebow when they have Big Ben as a role model?
Because Ben is as big of a sleaze as Sanchez. The only difference between the two is that Ben is good.

Morally Tebow is in another league.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm trying to play TF2 right now and when I try to connect to a server it says those servers are running a newer version of the game. Did I miss something? Its been a few months since I played TF2....

They patch that game like twice a week. Right click - properties - updates.

Pretty sure I would deport you to Gitmo 10 minutes into the season.

Shhhh.

You don't have to act tough. We all know by now that you like me. And you letting me sleep inside the house proves it all. After 10 minutes we're drinking beers together and high fiving each other when Tebow scores TDs.

Lunchbox

Banned
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
Could someone remind Robert Kraft that it was David Tyree who stole one of his Super Bowl rings and Mario Manningham stole the other.

following giants tradition, pretty sure both of them are out of the team/in jail/shooting themselves right now

bob doesnt have to worry about those convicts anymore

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
They patch that game like twice a week. Right click - properties - updates.

Just found out how to fix this problem:

I've had this happen to both myself and my friends.

After the steampipe update your steam client sometimes won't get the update immediately and will let you launch the old version. Restarting it does fix it, but I wonder how many confused players are out there don't realize this.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=218058

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Some Australians found a 1200 year old ancient city in Cambodia. Them Aussies are alright in my book.

We have the American flag with the Eagle crying, the Canadian flag with the crying beaver, and the British flag with the Bulldog. What about the Aussies?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's not really the blue shells so much as constant item spam of every kind
Which you avoid by being in first. People always claim that you don't want to be in first because of the blue shell, but that just subjects you to the storm of item use in 2nd place and back. The best defense against all items is being far enough ahead that one strike won't drop you from first. That, and some banana peels.

...and bikes that killed MK Wii.
Yeah, let's complain about Nintendo adding something that doesn't suck as much as karts. Kart handling has been ass for years, and bikes finally fixed that.

squicken

Amazon added a bunch of PS4 bundles, all in stock and all guaranteed launch day delivery. Not really cheaper, but there are some bundles that have PS+ if that's your thing

brentech

I've never actually bought a console on launch day. going to be so weird.
Only have the console and a 2nd controller on order now. Haven't decided what games to pick up.

The Division or whatever it was called looked compelling, but I don't think that was a launch day release.

Watchdogs looked surprisingly interesting. Prior demo's I didn't give much care for it, but with a time to learn some more about it, maybe that'd be a good one.
Obviously Driveclub, as PS+ provides (some of it). Hopefully my DFGT wheel still works on PS4.

Gotta learn more about Knack as well.

squicken

I've never actually bought a console on launch day. going to be so weird.
Only have the console and a 2nd controller on order now. Haven't decided what games to pick up.

The Division or whatever it was called looked compelling, but I don't think that was a launch day release.

Watchdogs looked surprisingly interesting. Prior demo's I didn't give much care for it, but with a time to learn some more about it, maybe that'd be a good one.
Obviously Driveclub, as PS+ provides (some of it). Hopefully my DFGT wheel still works on PS4.

Gotta learn more about Knack as well.

I decided on the Watch Dogs bundle. As cool as Battlefield 4 looks, I'll never play online. I'm old and useless now in competitive multi

Anyone else watch Mad Men?

This newest season is going to give me ulcers. Its too stressful to watch.

I hate it. I don't mind an anti-hero, but there has to be a compelling reason to watch. These people are so awful I'm losing the ability to care what happens to them

I decided on the Watch Dogs bundle. As cool as Battlefield 4 looks, I'll never play online. I'm old and useless now in competitive multi

I hate it. I don't mind an anti-hero, but there has to be a compelling reason to watch. These people are so awful I'm losing the ability to care what happens to them

For me I think its because they toss in a new side character every year who seems like a good person for you to root for before slowly having the rest of the cast drag them into the abyss.

Yeah I really don't get the point of these when theres zero benefit to buy it as a bundle.

They're selling quite well though so I guess it's worth it for somebody

Got in day 1 for the launch edition though so I'll be going with that.

Wish I had gotten on board when people were getting free years of PS+.

May Graverobber has like 10 extra years of codes he could give me.

Oh and I guess you save 10 bucks on the bundle. Thats something. I guess..

I just don't care about the show anymore. It's been a crappy season, thank Tebow that Top Gear is back at the end of the month and the finale of Breaking Bad.

I liked this season a lot so far. Different strokes eh?

Anyway you are right about Breaking Bad. Last season to the best show on TV. (Shutup Wire Fans)

ChanHuk

Banned
I liked this season a lot so far. Different strokes eh?

Anyway you are right about Breaking Bad. Last season to the best show on TV. (Shutup Wire Fans)

You're awful. The Wire is the better show, but they're different types of shows. I liked that they had more Trudy this season but she disappeared. More Alison Brie, thanks.

Top Bottom