• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Has Cerny become the official saviour of gaming? Or why do people hype up Knack when it looks like an average crap game?

i don't think knack looks like crap but $60? lulz. i could have even accepted a $40 mid-tier game but from what i've seen (and i've only watched about 5 mins of gameplay) no this is not a $60 game for a next gen console. it kind of looks like those lego games

Has Cerny become the official saviour of gaming? Or why do people hype up Knack when it looks like an average crap game?
I think the love for Cerny has more to do with his involvement with the PS4's architecture and design.

I agree with you guys on Knack, it looks okay but not for $60. Maybe when it's around $20 or so, but even then I'll need some more convincing.

It looks kind of fun, but no way in hell am I paying full price for that game. I think I'll just wait, and hope its free on Ps+ one day. looks more like a downloadable psn game then a full fledged retail one.

Milchjon

I think the love for Cerny has more to do with his involvement with the PS4's architecture and design.

I agree with you guys on Knack, it looks okay but not for $60. Maybe when it's around $20 or so, but even then I'll need some more convincing.

That's what I mean. Reading the latest Knack thread, I just can't see where else the love for the game comes from. It looks clunky and uninteresting. His recently acquired semi-God status on GAF is the only explanation I can come up with.

Man I really dont get why gaf wont allow hype threads for the upcoming consoles. I had gotten tons of good info from both the XB1 and PS4 satisfaction threads. If sucks having to constantly check gaming to see if any new threads have been made, rather then subscribe to a thread or two and just check them from time to time.

bionic77

Putin said Kraft is a lying scumbag.

The sad thing is that Kraft has less credibility than Putin and I am inclined the believe the ruthless dictator!

Rorschach

It's bad either way. Either Kraft is a commie or he got punked by Putin and then lied about it to save face which also makes him a bitch. A "punk ass bitch" if you will. Or would that make him a bitch ass punk?

cdyhybrid

It's bad either way. Either Kraft is a commie or he got punked by Putin and then lied about it to save face which also makes him a bitch. A "punk ass bitch" if you will. Or would that make him a bitch ass punk?

I think it would be a punk ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

of course you would cheer for thieves as seeing that thugpernick is your QB

aaronfail.gif

rather have a team of thieves than a team of pussies

Milchjon

Of course NFL-GAF would side with the commie tyrant over the successful, freedom-loving patriot.

Scum, all of you. They should make you swap places with Bradley Manning.

Milchjon

Fact is, Americans are applauding a Russian for thievery of American property and a great symbol of US pride.

Even as a German, I can't help but feel ashamed for you people.

It's father's day, for Tebow's sake. I'm sure your fathers would shed a red, white and blue tear if they realized how much they failed you and America.

Rorschach

Putin is commie scum and fucking dickcunt so I dont believe any word that comes out of his fat commie mouth.

But Kraft said

"...at that point, I decided to give him the ring as a symbol of the respect and admiration that I have for the Russian people and the leadership of President Putin."

Putin has never changed his stance. So who's the liar? Kraft gave props and a contribution to this scum you speak of.

Man I really dont get why gaf wont allow hype threads for the upcoming consoles. I had gotten tons of good info from both the XB1 and PS4 satisfaction threads. If sucks having to constantly check gaming to see if any new threads have been made, rather then subscribe to a thread or two and just check them from time to time.

Agreed.

bionic77

when did the patriots win a superbowl? are patriots fans still counting the superbowls against the rams/panthers/eagles? lolololol adorable!

but seriously no they do not count
Pats fans think those game they play in England are the Superbowl.

Let them have their fantasy FMT. We all have one. I think the Steelers are going to trade Ben for Tebow and win the Superbowl. As an added bonus we all know what will happen when Ben and Tammy are out late studying film together...

The Last of Us is ridiculous. Just ridiculous. The voice acting is superb, the gameplay is harrowing and the story is just gut wrenching. It's like you sit down to watch a new TV show and you can't stop. You have to watch episode after episode except this is interactive and DAMNED good to boot.

Greg

The Last of Us is ridiculous. Just ridiculous. The voice acting is superb, the gameplay is harrowing and the story is just gut wrenching. It's like you sit down to watch a new TV show and you can't stop. You have to watch episode after episode except this is interactive and DAMNED good to boot.
I'm going to pretend I never read this.

Dammit...I'm trying to save some money!

bionic77

That is what is holding me back from getting it.

I hate when they play with my emotions!

Even avoid most tv shows like that. I have to be in the right mood for that kind of game.

rando14

how long is it would you say?

how long is it would you say?
I'm a good 12-13 hours in and about 65% complete. It's a lengthy game.

That is what is holding me back from getting it.

I hate when they play with my emotions!

Even avoid most tv shows like that. I have to be in the right mood for that kind of game.
You genuinely give a shit about these characters and the game is brutal at times and you'll ride that emotional roller coaster.:(

No hyperbole - this is the best voice acting I've had the pleasure of experiencing in a video game. It doesn't need the "in a video game" qualifier either.

yes Pats have 3 rings

all that shit messed up your mind

yes, but all 3 were gained under the umbrella of a competitive advantage. now surely if that advantage meant nothing they would have won a superbowl since they were caught cheating. how many rings do the patriots have since they were caught cheating/had their competitive advantage taken away?

in lighter news, TLOU is pretty brutal and will cause you anxiety when you play it. i don't know where they found these voice actors from but they are top notch, especially the main guy (i think its the same guy from uncharted)

in lighter news, TLOU is pretty brutal and will cause you anxiety when you play it. i don't know where they found these voice actors from but they are top notch, especially the main guy (i think its the same guy from uncharted)
Nope. Troy Baker voices Joel. He also voiced Booker DeWitt in Infinite and has done a slew of other games as well. (He'll be the new voice of the Joker in Arkham Origins).

Nolan North is Drake in Uncharted.

Ellie is at times even better. Funny to think the blonde waitress from the end of the Avengers (that Captain America saves) does her VA.:)

Oh and Dan motherfucking Dority from Deadwood is in the game as well (W Earl Brown)!

Nope. Troy Baker voices Joel. He also voiced Booker DeWitt in Infinite and has done a slew of other games as well. (He'll be the new voice of the Joker in Arkham Origins).

Nolan North is Drake in Uncharted.

well he really nails it. i also like that the game doesn't pull any punches. not going to post specific spoilers but there are times where in other games they would take the "friendlier" route to a situation but not in this game

Top Bottom