• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Bread

Banned
I must be a super minority. I see almost no redeeming value in the Halo series. The game play feels very dated, and technically the games weren't very good either. Upscale graphics just to reach 720p.
Color me unimpressed with Bungie.

Feels like most people I know that really like Halo, are a tad younger or just didn't grow up playing any MP games, because it feels highly reminiscent of Quake and a few other games blended in.

The fact that they made so many of them blows my mind (particularly that people bought it up in droves). Don't get me wrong, if you've never experienced that style of game it's what can get people into gaming, but it's really interesting that people stuck with the series when there is objectively better shooter experiences available.
im on the younger side i guess (23), but i grew up playing multiplayer games. me and my brothers played a shit ton of perfect dark and goldeneye. the halo games were the first non-pc games that created a community around an fps, the first 3 games are all such awesome examples of games made for gamers. in my opinion, classic halo gameplay hasn't aged a day, it still controls tight and the mechanics are perfect.

brentech

It's so fun to score a goal in FIFA. Nothing in Madden compares to that feeling.

It's also much more fun playing local multi. Online is the next best thing but it still doesn't compare.
Man, when my bro that lives in Vegas comes to visit, we play FIFA for like half the time.
Since he lives in Vegas and works a night job, we rarely are able to play online against each other.

But yea, game is so fucking good in local matches. Some of my favorite gaming times playing against him.

bionic77

Man, when my bro that lives in Vegas comes to visit, we play FIFA for like half the time.
Since he lives in Vegas and works a night job, we rarely are able to play online against each other.

But yea, game is so fucking good in local matches. Some of my favorite gaming times playing against him.
Local multi is the greatest but it is hard to pull off the older you get. Online doesn't compare no matter how fast the connection or how tight the net code is. B

squicken

Oh wow. Hamill isn't doing the Joker voice any more?

I think the cast from the first two games will be back for the next game that Rocksteady does. Supposed to be "Silver Age" Batman but I have no idea what that means.

Hamill will be back as long as the money is right. Though the voice that matters most is Batman's. I just love every time someone threatens him it's like this perfectly dismissive "no you can hurt me b/c you are an idiot so shut up"

squicken

Really would like Phil get that US Open win. That moment with Payne Stewart at Pinehurtst is one of golf's best. Could use a nice post-script

It's so fun to score a goal in FIFA. Nothing in Madden compares to that feeling.

It's also much more fun playing local multi. Online is the next best thing but it still doesn't compare.

I just can't bring myself to care about soccer. It's like saying bro there is nothing like playing this Japanese dating sim game and you get to bang your top rated 12 year old!

I just have no interest and so succeeding at the game does nothing for me

Edit: no one actually cares.... Back to gaming talk... I can't even explain how hyped I am for the Ps4 launch, this is only my second console I'm getting at launch.

ChanHuk

Banned
Does it make a difference? I seriously don't know, not really a gun guy myself.

Hollow points expand upon impact leading to more surface area to severe crucial veins/arteries/organs. Typically they don't shoot through deep tissue, solid wood, windshields and the stuff. A FMJ will shoot through deep tissue and walls.

Just got back from watching Man of Steel. I liked it.

The film started a bit slow but ended up just speeding towards the battle with Zod. Faora was hot and I thought she was better than Zod in the movie.

God damn at the Witcher 3 having 36 different possible endings. The Witcher 2 was such an amazing game, I really cant wait to see what they do to top it with 3. Hopefully the console versions will be good ports, I played 2 on PC but I would rather play 3 on console.

Lots of devs had their fingerprints on this gen. Strong cases could be made for Infinity Ward, R*, Crytek, and Epic.
Irrational and Bethesda (which was already mentioned).

Crytek though? Yeah, technologically I would agree in terms of the visuals of their engine but the Crytek that made the original Crysis forgot what worked in the original and the two sequels were terribly mediocre because of it.

Bread

Banned
goin to see this is the end tonight, i've heard very good things. any man of steel viewers think i should see that instead?

squicken

The XB1 is actually running 3 different OS' at the same time.

Yeah I vaguely remember that. Something like the Game OS was essentially a virtual machine. I just think that Kinect and this Input1 stuff were really bad miscalculations. They spent a lot of resources on non-games stuff.

But like I've said, maybe that is the future. Once Netflix came out for 360, most of my Friends List was doing that.

Yeah I vaguely remember that. Something like the Game OS was essentially a virtual machine. I just think that Kinect and this Input1 stuff were really bad miscalculations. They spent a lot of resources on non-games stuff.

But like I've said, maybe that is the future. Once Netflix came out for 360, most of my Friends List was doing that.

I dont know how accurate some of the stuff on the E3 bombcasts is but they said on one of the shows this year that 31% of Xbox 360 that are online have never actually played a game online. That is a crazy number if the truth is anywhere near there.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I dont know how accurate some of the stuff on the E3 bombcasts is but they said on one of the shows this year that 31% of Xbox 360 that are online have never actually played a game online. That is a crazy number if the truth is anywhere near there.

My 360 is online and I've never played a game with it online. Of course, I wouldn't pay an extra $5/mo to watch Netflix either. Bless you, PS3.

brentech

Who said anything about it being good or not? My god you are weirdly confrontational.

You answered with a matter of fact response. As if, "no biggie". I don't even know what it means for the rest of the system, but it COULD become an issue.

My 360 is online and I've never played a game with it online. Of course, I wouldn't pay an extra $5/mo to watch Netflix either. Bless you, PS3.

I was doing that for a while. Then I got a SMART TV. Love that shit.

brentech

I won't lie. It will hurt me to pay for multi on PS4. At least Netflix is free.
Yea. I wasn't a fan of how they presented that info either. Last bullet on a slide. Barely mentioned.
I get that if they're going to offer more connection services than then PS3 has available, they have to make up for it somewhere...but they better still deliver on PS+ content and deals.

Yeah i was alittle sad at first, but I didn't realize all the free games and content PS+ offered. So I'm more alright with it more then xbox gold, and it dosent have the unessessary paywalls.

squicken

So in addition to DirecTV blocking the HBOGO app on the Roku, Comcast's gateway oddly conflicts with the device. You have to update the Roku's firmware to get it to work nicely. Is there any reason not to have a portfolio heavy with telcos? Monopolies or at least cabals, gigantic barriers to entry, and a government that will never do anything to help consumers. I wish the internet cared 1/1000th about those fuckers like they do about MS DRM

I hope that Softbank dude is able to make some waves with Sprint

I mean at this point I think my toaster has a Netflix app. I don't know how things are now, but initially, the 360's Netflix app was far better than any other platform

bionic77

There is still time to decide on the Tebow Action Figure instead....
WiiU would be my choice for online but I would be limited to Mario Soccer, which while hella fun, isn't what I was looking for so its not a real option.

Paying to play online just feels wrong!

Top Bottom