• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

I mean at this point I think my toaster has a Netflix app. I don't know how things are now, but initially, the 360's Netflix app was far better than any other platform
The Ps3 app was better then the 360 simply because it would automatically go to the next episode of shows, and this is coming from a guy who mainly had a 360 all last gen.

Xece

Banned
The Ps3 app was better then the 360 simply because it would automatically go to the next episode of shows, and this is coming from a guy who mainly had a 360 all last gen.

I'd argue that the Wii app was by far the best designed. I still use it to this day. It is also the most used version.

Wii U Netflix would be more boss if what you're watching showed up on the Gamepad AND TV.

Next episode feature on PS3 is great, and aspect ratio change on 360 is great. I alternate between them all.

Those fight scenes. Damn. Finally doing justice to the power and speed.

Yeah....but if it happened a couple times you'd be like, "God damn!" But after watching them thrown through building after building after building after building. I thought it had an opposite effect. Instead of being wowed by the power and force, I became bored. "Hmm, wonder if he's going to punch or fly them into a building here? Yep."

Talon

Yeah....but if it happened a couple times you'd be like, "God damn!" But after watching them thrown through building after building after building after building. I thought it had an opposite effect. Instead of being wowed by the power and force, I became bored. "Hmm, wonder if he's going to punch or fly them into a building here? Yep."
The Smallville fights were the most effective for sure.

Also, the opening 15 minutes were totally visually arresting.

I tried tLou mp tonight. Holy fuck is it good. Survivor mode is so intense. No respawns makes every one be so careful. Man flanking someone is so satisfying. I am going to lose so much of my life to this game as long as their are no weird balance issues with the later unlocks. If you have the game definitely give the mp a shot.

rando14

I finally watched season 1 of game of thrones.

Awesome, now I need to read the books.

definitely read the books, they give so much more perspective on ned stark than the show does. show watchers dont really realize ned's significance in the story

My buddy started reading ASOIAF and he loves them.
Glad to hear someone appreciate the subtext and extra characterization.

I'd definitely recommend not reading it near new seasons of the TV show.

I was pissy about all the stuff they cut from S2 since I read them very close to it starting.

Wow...that ending for The Last of Us. That's sure to be a topic of much debate.

Exceptional game from start to finish and if this is to be the Playstation 3's swan song - it has certainly gone out on the highest possible note.

Fantomex

Wow...that ending for The Last of Us. That's sure to be a topic of much debate.

Exceptional game from start to finish and if this is to be the Playstation 3's swan song - it has certainly gone out on the highest possible note.

Last of Us, Ni No Kuni, and GT6 really let the ps3 go out on top. Up there with the Saturn leaving with Panzer Dragoon Saga, Burning Rangers and Shinning Force 3. End of consoles are always awesome at producing great games.

ChanHuk

Banned
I downloaded it and am gonna play it later. I've played the PC version for a bit. Isn't it familiar to you because of fire emblem on the 3ds?

SRPG is probably my favorite sub-genre, actually SRPGs and RPGs in general are perfect for portable gaming. But for some reason XCOM just did not catch my attention, probably the whole futuristic Halo like atmosphere. Fuck it, I'll replay Valkyria Chronicles or play Valkyria Chronicles and weap at its inferior quality.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Finished Last of Us.

Holy shit it was so fucking great. I love the Uncharted games but this destroyed it on every level. I planned on going to sleep like 6 hours ago but I couldn't put the controller down so I just blitzed through it.

Seriously stunned at how great it all was. The atmosphere, the narrative, the visuals (how the fuck they manage to pull the shit they pull off on the PS3 is just utterly insane), pretty much everything.

I just got Animal Crossing because you all recommended. Never played one before. So you're telling me I can't do anything at night? All the stores close and I can't pass time other than wait for the morning? Am I missing something because this sucks

Milchjon

I just got Animal Crossing because you all recommended. Never played one before. So you're telling me I can't do anything at night? All the stores close and I can't pass time other than wait for the morning? Am I missing something because this sucks

It's a kid's game. You're supposed to be in bed.

Try to mess with the system clock?

You can sell yourself on the street as a prostitute. Just go to the menu->settings-> Turn on adult version.

This is in no way true, at least I think it's not

Wrayfield

Any of you fiends played XCOM? I played it for 30 minutes and was pretty bored of it.

It has a slow beginning. I liked it. The base construction and skill tree of the soldiers was a bit short, but it's fun enough.

Not sure this is a game for you then. It's more something you play in between. You can go fishing and bug hunting in the night and stock them to sell them later. Overall it's something you play on and off. Not the typical game, really (just got a AC 3DS from my girlfriend, so playing it now, too).

Any of you fiends played XCOM? I played it for 30 minutes and was pretty bored of it.
I played it and finished it back on PS3 when it launched. First of all, you're barely through the tutorial, might want to at least see what the game has to offer mechanically before swearing it off. :p

My one big tip is to play in ironman mode (you'll have to start over if you didn't chose it to begin with). Basically it only gives you one save file and autosaves after every move you make, so everything you do is permanent. It makes the game incredibly tense and rewarding and it'll really give you a sense of attachment to your soldiers. Plus, unlike something like Fire Emblem losing characters isn't as big of a deal so even if you screw up you can bounce back most of the time.

Once you get into the flow of the base building and going on missions the game will sink its hooks into you, or at least that's how it worked with me.

BigAT

Scott Pioli joining NBC's Football Night in America's studio crew.

Y1IcK.gif

Top Bottom