• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

No one will laugh at Brady while I'm around.
46114d1352842506t-welp-i-did-unthinkable-watch-out-we-got-badass-over-here-meme.png

Fantomex

Hey Fantomex, protip, don't ever go to Orange Coast Memorial ER. I got hired, start next month.

That's when the baby is due. Ill make sure to get you in our delivering room so I can find anything to sue you and the hospital for. Even a dirty look.

But on the real, congrats man. I've heard really good things about that Hospital.

ChanHuk

Banned
That's when the baby is due. Ill make sure to get you in our delivering room so I can find anything to sue you and the hospital for. Even a dirty look.

But on the real, congrats man. I've heard really good things about that Hospital.

Actually I am certified by the state of California to assist in birth. Call me your mid-husband.

Milchjon

One day I will bring total peace to Germany by opening locations of Popeye's, Taco Bell and In-N-Out over here.

Chipotle can call me too.

bionic77

One day I will bring total peace to Germany by opening locations of Popeye's, Taco Bell and In-N-Out over here.

Chipotle can call me too.
You don't want that.

Instead the Bell bring over Pita Pit. Its more expensive but if you have to eat fast food it tastes about a billion times better than Taco Bell (granted that is not very hard to do).

No country deserves to have Taco Bell. Look what it did to Josh Freeman. Do you want the same thing to happen to all of your countrymen? Not even that Nazi dude in Minnesota deserves that!

I don't normally complement filthy Pats fans, but you are wise to want to bring over Popeyes. If we exported Popeyes to the Middle East I guarantee we would have a higher approval rating than Ronald Reagan in the late 80s.

Milchjon

You don't want that.

Instead the Bell bring over Pita Pit. Its more expensive but if you have to eat fast food it tastes about a billion times better than Taco Bell (granted that is not very hard to do).

No country deserves to have Taco Bell. Look what it did to Josh Freeman. Do you want the same thing to happen to all of your countrymen? Not even that Nazi dude in Minnesota deserves that!

I don't normally complement filthy Pats fans, but you are wise to want to bring over Popeyes. If we exported Popeyes to the Middle East I guarantee we would have a higher approval rating than Ronald Reagan in the late 80s.
Don't tell me what I can't do. It makes you sound like you hate freedom.

bionic77

Don't tell me what I can't do. It makes you sound like you hate freedom.
I dont hate freedom.

But I do hate diarrhea and salmonella. I wouldn't be surprised if a Pats fan wanted to bring those things to his fellow countrymen but personally I am opposed to them!

ChanHuk

Banned
So I'm buying Valkryia Chronicles off a guy for $10 today Chan. It better be good. Last SRPG I played was Advanced Wars as I sucked at it when it got to the end game.

Quit being a poor and buy it new for $16 off Amazon you poor. The only advice I can give you, don't look up game guides and fuck the ranking system. You can really break the game if you know how late in the game
A certain somebody can become like Tebow against the Steelers in OT
. Otherwise best game of last gen.

Fantomex

Quit being a poor and buy it new for $16 off Amazon you poor. The only advice I can give you, don't look up game guides and fuck the ranking system. You can really break the game if you know how late in the game
A certain somebody can become like Tebow against the Steelers in OT
. Otherwise best game of last gen.

I can buy 10 new copies, I'm just trying to support the used game ecosystem. And help the poors ar the same time. I know they must need the money to buy milk, eggs, similac, zig zags, money to send to relatives in their hut houses in Cambodia, I don't know.

I didn't realize it was possible to suck at Advance Wars.

It was a figure of speech. I'll kill you five times before you hit the ground if you ever come at me like that again candy king.

tumblr_mcxmy2oRjb1qikj3ao2_500.png

ChanHuk

Banned
I didn't realize it was possible to suck at Advance Wars.

Meet my friend Fantomex; he's a Messican and recommends horrible Messican tacos. He also apparently sucks at Advance Wars.

Valkyria Chronicles isn't like your typical SRPG (Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics), its closer to XCOM than those games.

Meet my friend Fantomex; he's a Messican and recommends horrible Messican tacos. He also apparently sucks at Advance Wars.

Valkyria Chronicles isn't like your typical SRPG (Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics), its closer to XCOM than those games.

I like XCOM.

Fantomex getting all uppity, taking after the Gata.

Don't cry, Fantomex. Gata will protect you because of this:
brady_crying.jpg

Enron

Banned
Jesus tapdancing Christ.

This is one of the morning shows on atlanta sportstalk radio, one of the 3 stations we have here in Atlanta. These hosts also work closely with the Atlanta Falcons and college football wrap-up shows on local Atlanta TV. As someone who sat and watched someone slowly die with this disease, my blood is fucking boiling.

It's right in the middle of ALS Awareness Month, too.

790 the Zone suspends Mayhem in the AM over Steve Gleason/ALS bit

By Rodney Ho
790/The Zone management suspended its morning show Mayhem in the AM for a bit this morning which made fun of former New Orleans Saints player Steve Gleason, who has ALS (better known as Lou Gehrig's Disease.)
Nick Cellini played Gleason and his colleagues Steak Shapiro and Chris Dimino "interviewed" him using a computerized voice a la Stephen Hawking, according to a listener. I don't know what was said or how it played out but clearly, some folks were upset.
Word got around the web, first on a Saints message board, and one of Gleason's teammates Scott Fujita even referenced it on Twitter. Now it's national news. (See USA Today, for instance.)
Gleason, 36, recently wrote a piece for Sports Illustrated about life with ALS, which may have inspired the bit. You can read it here. He now can only communicate with his eyes.
There's now a healthy debate on the Zone Facebook page over whether they should be fired or not. I presume most of the folks (like me) have not heard the bit - and unless someone taped it by happenstance, probably never will.

Jesus tapdancing Christ.

This is one of the morning shows on atlanta sportstalk radio, one of the 3 stations we have here in Atlanta. These hosts also work closely with the Atlanta Falcons and college football wrap-up shows on local Atlanta TV. As someone who sat and watched someone slowly die with this disease, my blood is fucking boiling.

I'm not going to white knight this issue or any other because I have made inappropriate jokes with friends in private but this is pretty shitty for a radio show to do

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Jesus tapdancing Christ.

How or why would anyone find this funny or a smart thing to do? I'm one of the least politically correct people you'll meet so I'm all for raunchy comedy, but Holy Tebow I don't see how making fun of someone with a disease, especially Lou Gehrigs disease, is funny in anyway.

Top Bottom