• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

MechDX

BM_DXn8CEAAzpI7.jpg

Nike trolling the entire Texan fanbase!

Enron

Banned
Here's the audio from the bit, courtesy of 106.1 The Ticket in New Orleans. It's worse than you actually could imagine. Holy fucking shit.

http://www.1061neworleans.com/common/page.php?pt=The+Sports+Hangover+Podcasts&id=303&is_corp=0

I used to work in radio when I was in college, and i've been in production meetings. Morning shows have their production meetings for the next day's shows in the afternoons, and involve more than just the hosts. How in the shit did this get by the producers, hosts, interns, program director, whoever else. How in the world did all of those people hear this and think "yeah, this is ok".

BigAT

How or why would anyone find this funny or a smart thing to do? I'm one of the least politically correct people you'll meet so I'm all for raunchy comedy, but Holy Tebow I don't see how making fun of someone with a disease, especially Lou Gehrigs disease, is funny in anyway.

You're also one of the least correct people someone will meet.

squicken

Nothing wrong with offseason excitement. Who is to say Reggie Bush won't have 1800 yards this year? There are lots of yards to be had in DET for a RB. They just have never been able to keep anyone healthy at the position for a full season

BigAT

Nothing wrong with offseason excitement. Who is to say Reggie Bush won't have 1800 yards this year? There are lots of yards to be had in DET for a RB. They just have never been able to keep anyone healthy at the position for a full season

Anyone with half a brain and a shred of objectivity.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm sure everyone is clamoring to have blarry come to their village and shit on the lawns.

I just got a buy one get one free offer from Pei Wei. Gonna eat Americanized gourmet Chinese.

They gave me a couple of bogo coupons for father's day. Jokes on them, I'm not a father!

Pimpwerx

I love me some Reggae Boosh, but he's too injury-prone to rack up that kind of yardage. He will have some big games though. PEACE.

WedgeX

Banned

There were a lot of injured Kevins in there.

Anyone with half a brain and a shred of objectivity.

Gotta let a man have his dream.

ibbJ1H8bnDTCm.jpg

Milchjon

Having an in-house gym is kinda nice. Who knows whether I can keep it up, but there's a slight possibility of not slipping into Freeman-ness.

Greg

Having an in-house gym is kinda nice. Who knows whether I can keep it up, but there's a slight possibility of not slipping into Freeman-ness.
It's the best. Force yourself on a schedule until it becomes routine though - it's easy to put it off when you don't have a membership/feel you have an obligation to go due to the money spent.

Talon

I'm not going to white knight this issue or any other because I have made inappropriate jokes with friends in private but this is pretty shitty for a radio show to do
Yeah, just saw it. I like how on the way out, Nick Cellini trashed the station instead of apologizing, shutting the fuck up, and quietly going away.
These three guys are sleazy scumbags, so I'm not surprised.

Atlanta sports media is a scourge.

It's either morons like Cellini who do half their shows at Dave and Busters and the other half at Twin Peaks/Hooters equivalents, or it's yuck yuck yes men who won't criticize a fly like Buck Belue.

Literally, I was driving yesterday in the afternoon, and these other clowns were talking about best ways to get oral from your wife.

Eleuin

Man who made this ridiculous claim in the first place? Heavy?

Oh and I just beat The Last of Us, really good stuff. Goty so far.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Reminds me we'll have to whip up the drive for 1800yds image for each week's OT.

RBH

Just read about the 790 The Zone/Gleason thing.

Jesus, what a bunch of fucking idiots. So glad they were fired.

squicken

that wasn't the final drive though. falcons got the ball back again :D

It's one of the best things I've read this offseason. It's really a good article. He walks through the looks they see, how they react. There's All 22 grabs with diagrams. I wish every QB did this for just one drive from the previous year

Talon

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...rewinds-tape-on-final-drive-of-nfc-title-game

Really cool feature with Matt Ryan going over game tape of final drive in NFCCG
This is awesome. Thanks for this.

One thing I'll always respect Matt for is that he never makes excuses for anything that happened.
Ryan wouldn't use that as an excuse, but as somebody who has studied the tape closely, and who has talked to many people in the Falcons organization, the shoulder was an issue on the final two plays. I told Ryan it was obviously impacting what he could do.

He'd have none of it.

"It's part of the game," he said.
Anyways, this game will haunt me for decades, I'm sure.

squicken

This is awesome. Thanks for this.

One thing I'll always respect Matt for is that he never makes excuses for anything that happened.

Anyways, this game will haunt me for decades, I'm sure.

The wheel route to Douglas is so crazy. It's perfect recognition from Ryan and the WRs. Great coaching. Great advanced scouting. And it's all for naught b/c the turf monster gets Douglas. It's why using the playoffs as some sort of absolute metric is nuts

Talon

The wheel route to Douglas is so crazy. It's perfect recognition from Ryan and the WRs. Great coaching. Great advanced scouting. And it's all for naught b/c the turf monster gets Douglas. It's why using the playoffs as some sort of absolute metric is nuts
Totally. That pick by Culliver up against Roddy was more infuriating live. Our go-to route for the past two season has been Roddy on a hard comeback route to the right sideline. Opponents know that we love that play, but Roddy and Matt are on such a tight connection that it's really tough to defend. Of course he slips in a crucial playoff game. :(

Harry Douglas trips more than any Falcons receiver I've ever seen.

jakncoke

Banned
Goes against the claim of Stafford throwing for many yards but I suppose anything is better than that.

Oh but you just dont know. Stafford will still pass for 6k yards, Reggie Bush 1800 is just the icing on the cake to the road to the Super Bowl. THIS TEAM IS JUST TOO TALENTED AND YOUNG TO NOT WIN THE BIG ONE. :kas

Top Bottom