• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

I don't see why they couldn't still allow digital sharing of games sold digitally and not at retail.

Maybe going full digital was the only way they could get publishers on board? It would be great if we could opt in to the 24 hour check and such to get all the benefits but I bet that would be very complicated to do.

cdyhybrid

The old system was Steam with a dumb 24 hour check. All they needed to do was ditch that. MS bungled the roll out but they have the right idea about the future of how we buy and consume games

It was Steam with games that cost $20 more at full price, no sales, and no offline.

brentech

I don't see why they couldn't still allow digital sharing of games sold digitally and not at retail.

because it's a BS system that just escalate the problem they were 'fixing'.

Complain about lost money on used game sales.....then instead make buying one or splitting the cost allowed, and 10 people have rights to it...hrmmmmm

They weren't doing any favors by anyone. Bunch of crock, they just wanted control over it.

Lunchbox

Banned
Another thing we lost was if you had managed to find a cheap XB1 disk you could have installed it and it would have treated it just like if you had downloaded the game. Now it will treat physical as something different. Next gen really is just going to be this gen with more power. It is totally up to Nintendo to save us now.

I really dont think any company ever will again. Keep things the same lest customers get confused and angry.

biggest loss is that the bone used to be a console for the elites of society who want their games in a digital world where they come back from the office take off their tie and say xbone play game and start playing and watching tv while the game is finding a multiplayer match. while you are in the lobby between games, you can rotate your fantasy football roster and bring in Tebow for gronkowsi at tight end.

Now every fucking used game buying sailor moon playing frankmans of this world living in alabama and greenbay can buy this shit. this is like if Lamborghini started making Minivans

#RIPCloud
#BringBackDRM

Maybe going full digital was the only way they could get publishers on board? It would be great if we could opt in to the 24 hour check and such to get all the benefits but I bet that would be very complicated to do.

If they had the system mostly in place already (like it sounds like they do if it has to be patched in), then having an opt in like that wouldn't be too hard technically.

squicken

It was Steam with games that cost $20 more at full price, no sales, and no offline.

You were complaining about DRM. I agreed. 24 hour check is dumb and was a deal breaker for me. But sales and cost are not DRM, which was your main issue

"I don't care. It could have had an automated robot arm use a built-in Fleshlight to jerk you off while you play, and it still wouldn't have been worth the DRM bullshit."

Milchjon

biggest loss is that the bone used to be a console for the elites of society who want their games in a digital world where they come back from the office take off their tie and say xbone play game and start playing and watching tv while the game is finding a multiplayer match. while you are in the lobby between games, you can rotate your fantasy football roster and bring in Tebow for gronkowsi at tight end.

Now every fucking used game buying sailor moon playing frankmans of this world living in alabama and greenbay can buy this shit. this is like if Lamborghini started making Minivans

#RIPCloud
#BringBackDRM

God tier post.

cdyhybrid

You were complaining about DRM. I agreed. 24 hour check is dumb and was a deal breaker for me. But sales and cost are not DRM, which was your main issue

"I don't care. It could have had an automated robot arm use a built-in Fleshlight to jerk you off while you play, and it still wouldn't have been worth the DRM bullshit."

I was complaining about DRM. But Steam isn't just DRM.

Fantomex

The Jig is up yankee.

dbpypzE.jpg

squicken

I was complaining about DRM. But Steam isn't just DRM.

It seems like the share thing may come back post-launch to DD games. That would be great. You are right about all the other stuff. MS' carrot for giving up trade ins and the like was the share thing. Steam's is the sales and the hats. If MS can do both then it will be a good way to ease people into the future

Fox318

All gabe needs to do is add a game caring feature for households and family's, release a linux/dual os steam box and BAM.

Do it GABE!!!!

1800$ lol

yankee isnt on welfare, is he?

He's from Philly he probably has a welfare fraud scheme running with his 360 illegitimate children.

Bread

Banned

#RIPCloud
#BringBackDRM
damn, now i regret being against the xbone's drm.

bring it back ms, listen to lunchbox.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm not going overboard on that Gandolfini news until it's reported by some actual news outlets. #Hope

Japan deserves to win this soccer match. Put one home and send the crowd home happy!

edit - Wrong team.

#RIPCloud
#BringBackDRM

Let's get a campaign going on this.

We can make a thread in Gaming, bombard people's Twitters and shit, the whole nine yards.

#XboxOneDRM
#PS4DRM

Apparently James Gandolfini died

rip

UGH. Fucking sad news. :(

The old system was Steam with a dumb 24 hour check. All they needed to do was ditch that. MS bungled the roll out but they have the right idea about the future of how we buy and consume games
...and retail.

Steam exists for a reason and it's not because PC had a budding retail marketplace. Steam is a volume business. Unless you plan on converting retail to that instead of a pure margins business, the Steam comparison falls right apart.

squicken

welp

One rigid, controversial requirement Microsoft's not changing its mind about? The always-on Kinect. "Kinect is a core part of our architecture," Whitten said, "and how we believe the experience can be transformed. When people get a chance to see how Kinect can transform gaming even with a gamepad in my hand… they love it. And we want to make sure there's a consistent experience that goes along with it, so that anywhere I am I can say 'Xbox TV' or 'Xbox Home' or 'Xbox go to Halo.' And that we believe is critical to the evolution of the gaming experience in the living room."

Fox318

#RIPCloud
#BringBackDRM

Let's get a campaign going on this.

We can make a thread in Gaming, bombard people's Twitters and shit, the whole nine yards.

#XboxOneDRM
#PS4DRM

n084AjU.png

Green is same color as used on a dollar bill

KingGondo

Banned
Going to watch The Sopranos for the 3rd time. Damnit.
Almost done with my third watch-through.

I think it hit me harder because I've spent a few hours a week with his performance, and it's such a thorough portrayal. You feel like you know the guy.

RIP.

Milchjon

Going to watch The Sopranos for the 3rd time. Damnit.

I still haven't watched it...

For some reason I don't finish shows anymore. Fell behind on Mad Men and Breaking Bad, started The Wire once... The only ones where I'm up to date are AD and
How I Met Your Mother

So many threads being locked In Gaming. So anyone getting a Xbox One at launch after today? For me this really changes nothing, I'm sill not in for a long time.

So many threads being locked In Gaming. So anyone getting a Xbox One at launch after today? For me this really changes nothing, I'm sill not in for a long time.

Doesn't change anything for me either. I'll wait till year two or three before taking the plunge. Maybe we can get an old school price war this time around, but I doubt it.

Greg

Almost done with my third watch-through.

I think it hit me harder because I've spent a few hours a week with his performance, and it's such a thorough portrayal. You feel like you know the guy.

RIP.
I've been catching random episodes on TV during dinner, and it's just as good as I remembered it. This is a bummer.

I still haven't watched it...

For some reason I don't finish shows anymore. Fell behind on Mad Men and Breaking Bad, started The Wire once... The only ones where I'm up to date are AD and
How I Met Your Mother
You should watch it. It's part of my big 3 - The Shield, The Sopranos, The Wire

Top Bottom