• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So many threads being locked In Gaming. So anyone getting a Xbox One at launch after today? For me this really changes nothing, I'm sill not in for a long time.

I really just can't see forking over $10/mo to play my consoles. At least ps+ has some additional value. In summary, MS can still suck it. At least it's offline, now, so I'll get one down the road
for Forza.

I think MS had the right idea, but was too early. Losing the ability to play your whole library w/o a disk was cool. Sharing games was cool. In 3 or 4 years we'll miss those things. So now they have a PS4 that's more expensive, has less power, Kinect that no one wants, and a useless Live TV feature in a world where everyone timeshifts

So I guess they're abandoning the whole "for gamers by gamers" mantra. They've basically said "you know what, other gamers are obviously more gamer than the gamers we were talking to, so now we're removing the gaming that the original gamers wanted to provide the same gaming that hardcore gamers want."

I can see Whitten and Mattrick signing off on that press release. Mattrick would throw in a "GAWRSH! Ha-ruck!"

Edit: I'm still buying the Day One edition. Between Forza, Titanfall, Project Spark and others, X1 will have the games I want to play. But by Tebow they cluster-fucked the PR/marketing of this. Heads should be rolling.

Milchjon

I just finished House of Cards season 1, oh man Kate Mara, I would buy her not one but two diners.

$%28KGrHqQOKigE6YVVoDF8BOweJf1EZg~~60_35.JPG

Looking at her stomach, maybe a sandwich would be a good first step.

Also, is she one of "those" Maras?

ChanHuk

Banned
Looking at her stomach, maybe a sandwich would be a good first step.

Also, is she one of "those" Maras?

Yeah she's the great-granddaughter. There's a scene where Kevin Spacey eats something other than a sandwich, it made me feel awkward but pleasantly aroused.

brentech

Both Forza and GT do certain aspects right.
Any word on Xbone wheel support? They still going to only allow shit MS wheels and high end 3rd party?

Seems ps4 will still allow the logitech wheels which is a plus

First couple episodes of House of Cards I wasn't really feeling Mara, but she got cuter. Spaceys wife on the show is pretty attractive too.
Edit: I'll wait for the Ps4 version of TitanFall.......

squicken

Never seen the Sopranos. Just never got around to it.

It's first season was amazing. My personal opinion is that it's New Jersey setting influenced a lot of the praise it has received. Lots of prominent writers are from there and they just go nuts with praise. It never captured the quality in subsequent season, and towards the end it was chore to get through

:jnc at gaming side getting all gassed, thinking THEY single-handedly made Microsoft change their mind on DRM.

Yall didn't do shit. MS only changed their mind because they saw how badly Sony clowned them last week and started seeing $$$ evaporate.

driving game nerds

its all about Titanfall

Strange I haven't seen the Titanfall

:jnc at gaming side getting all gassed, thinking THEY single-handedly made Microsoft change their mind on DRM.

Yall didn't do shit. MS only changed their mind because they saw how badly Sony clowned them last week and started seeing $$$ evaporate.

Strange I haven't seen the Titanfall

The next year or so gaming side will be delusional and try to exert their 'influence' on everything. Just watch.

Just wait for the "what should we fix next?" thread to pop up lol

squicken

So I'm the last person on earth to know this, but Cliffy Blezinski's brother founded Vox media? That's actually pretty impressive. SBN is alright on occasion

TitanFall looks badass. The perfect evolution of a formula that was getting stale for me (COD). No way I'm dropping $500 for it when there isn't really anything else on Bone that I want. Hopefully it's not a permanent exclusive.

Eleuin

TitanFall looks badass. The perfect evolution of a formula that was getting stale for me (COD). No way I'm dropping $500 for it when there isn't really anything else on Bone that I want. Hopefully it's not a permanent exclusive.
I'm sure it'll be another mass effect situation where the game will come to PlayStation after an extended period and future sequels will be available at launch.

House of Cards full season one spoiler
I'm sill sad about Russo
I always can't wait for the pre season. Then one snap in I hate it and can't wait for the regular season.
I think I'll have more interest in this preseason to see all our Qbs in action, and see what we have behind Trent at Rb.

bionic77

I really just can't see forking over $10/mo to play my consoles. At least ps+ has some additional value. In summary, MS can still suck it. At least it's offline, now, so I'll get one down the road
for Forza.
Paying monthly fee is also very distasteful to me. Only thing I did not like about the 4, but it is a big negative for me.

Nothing comes close to 3DS right now anyways so I can easily wait a year. Man seeing that PS2 thread really reminded me
how much gaming has fallen off since last gen. Hopefully they can reverse the trend with the next gen.

I wish I had friends who played games. Would not mind borrowing a U for Pikmin and Wonderful 101. Maybe Ninja or DM will sell me theirs for cheap. Otherwise it looks like a wasteland.

Top Bottom