• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Wow that sounds like damming stuff. I still can't believe how dumb some professional athletes are. I never understand why when some dudes get paid they continue to act like thugs even though they are millionaires. I Will never understand that.

Edit: Has there been any mention of a motive?It has to be something incredibly stupid.

seems like its drugs

bionic77

There was a prior altercation in a nightclub. Ray and his crew saw the guys on the sidewalk and swarmed them
The Ravens deified Ray for his murder because he was good at football.

What is the right response to the Hernandez thing for a non-scumbag team (ie not the Ravens or Pats)? Do you just wait for the guy to be arrested and release him as soon as that happens?

TheFatOne

seems like its drugs

Always something stupid. Even if he didn't kill the guy he is still going down because he is an accomplice. Why even put yourself in that situation? Just really dumb.

Edit: I don't want to speculate to much, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was about his gf sister or something equally dumb.

Hunter S.

It was in the Fox25 report.

Police think that it was marijuana related.
I hate to say it, but Colorado and Washington have this problem sort of solved. Once it goes legal everywhere the alcohol prohibition level of violence should drop. Must be a huge amount involved to lead to murder if true.

Colasante

Patriots have four Florida Gators on their team. The first was suspended for PEDs, the second had a sex tape leaked, the third is being investigated for murder, and the fourth is Tim Tebow.

Patriots have four Florida Gators on their team. The first was suspended for PEDs, the second had a sex tape leaked, the third is being investigated for murder, and the fourth is Tim Tebow.

image.php

squicken

I'm sure Belichick will be his usual self, but training camp is going to be a zoo with the media

Guys, this Aaron Hernandez thing is nothing like the Ray thing. Yet.

If Aaron is guilty, then he is a murderer and should be punished to full extent of the law.

If he's innocent, then it's a Ray Lewis situation, except that in Ray's case, there was no murder at all, as the two who were actually tried for murder were aquitted due to self defense.

Ray is innocent. Aaron, we'll wait and see.

Except of shooting that other guy in the face.

Wrayfield

I'm concerned about this. If Hernandez dodges a murder beef, he is bound to become a dominating force. He will go on to win one SB in his prime, and another when he lost a step a two, before he retires. Two legitimate SBs for the Pats. He better go away for a long time.

Milchjon

 Wes Welker was in town to promote Dr. Robert Leonard, who performed a successful hair transplant surgery on Welker last summer. Welker signed autographs for about 100 fans and showed off his thick new mane.

Welker admitted that being back in Boston “made me a little bit sad,” but also said he doesn’t regret leaving the Patriots for the Broncos.

SMH

Also, those Hernandez news suuuuuuuuuuuuck.

squicken

SMH

Also, those Hernandez news suuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I will never understand Welker. He has the money to keep his hair thing private, but it's like he took free plugs in exchange for doing ads.

Brady got lipo and plugs and whatever else and did it quietly. If Brady was such a good friend, he would have advised Welker better

squicken, I never got the chance to ask you; what do you think about the Dolphins playing Gibson in the slot? Natural fit or a desperation move after the loss of Bess?

Milchjon

I will never understand Welker. He has the money to keep his hair thing private, but it's like he took free plugs in exchange for doing ads.

Brady got lipo and plugs and whatever else and did it quietly. If Brady was such a good friend, he would have advised Welker better

Brady is all natural. Blessed by Tebow.

squicken

squicken, I never got the chance to ask you; what do you think about the Dolphins playing Gibson in the slot? Natural fit or a desperation move after the loss of Bess?

hmm didn't know they were doing that. Gibson is limited on the outside, so maybe it will work. He isn't a guy who wins jump balls or gets over the top of defenses, but he's a very good route runner. He's not a a wuss, but I would never say he was good in traffic.

He's also not really quick like you would think a slot guy would be, but maybe they will use him like the Packers and Giants use their slot guys, and not like STL and NE use theirs. That could be interesting. He's very similarly built to those GB guys, but he's not that fast. He also has never shown any YAC skills. It sounds like he was simply a better fit than Hartline, but neither is best used there.

Remember that the Rams WRs were about as awful as MIA's last year, and the Rams didn't want Gibson back. He was a great locker room guy and wanted to stay, but STL wanted him gone b/c of his physical limitations. One of our teams has made a poor personnel evaluation

A law enforcement official tells FOX Boston that Aaron Hernandez "appears to be directly tied to the homicide" of "associate" Odin Lloyd in North Attleboro, Mass.
There are many important things to remember here, namely FOX 25 is not a typical Rotoworld source, and Hernandez has yet to be charged with a crime. That being said, the storm clouds appear to be gathering for the star tight end. FOX Boston reports Hernandez, Lloyd and two other men left a Boston-area bar in a car driven by Hernandez on the night of the homicide, but Odin was the only passenger not to make it back to Hernandez's house. Further, forensic evidence has reportedly placed a vehicle driven by Hernandez at "one of the crime scenes in (the) case." Police are still searching for a second vehicle. Thus far, Hernandez has declined comment.
Detective Squicken.

hmm didn't know they were doing that. Gibson is limited on the outside, so maybe it will work. He isn't a guy who wins jump balls or gets over the top of defenses, but he's a very good route runner. He's not a a wuss, but I would never say he was good in traffic.

He's also not really quick like you would think a slot guy would be, but maybe they will use him like the Packers and Giants use their slot guys, and not like STL and NE use theirs. That could be interesting. He's very similarly built to those GB guys, but he's not that fast. He also has never shown any YAC skills. It sounds like he was simply a better fit than Hartline, but neither is best used there.

Remember that the Rams WRs were about as awful as MIA's last year, and the Rams didn't want Gibson back. He was a great locker room guy and wanted to stay, but STL wanted him gone b/c of his physical limitations. One of our teams has made a poor personnel evaluation
Thanks for the input.

I think it probably comes down to what you said, neither he nor Hartline are best suited to playing in the slot but at the end of the day Gibson is just the better fit. It's a little concerning that they went this route considering how solid of a slot guy Bess was but I'll reserve final judgment until I see how it unfolds on the field.

There's probably a decent chance that the Dolphins front office got the raw end of this deal, but it might balance out overall since the Rams signed Jake Long, haha. I hope the Rams continue to improve though, they're the only tolerable team in the NFC West that's halfway decent.

Gaf will run the industry into the ground.

If by running the industry into the ground means making Microsoft, a historically shitty company when it comes to treating its consumers properly, changes some of its SHITTY designs then I am all for this industry to collapse to its knees.

Gamers got their panties in a bunch because shit was changing. They'll all move to the future eventually, kicking and screaming.

Disappointed MS couldn't find a middle ground here though.

Gamers got their panties in a bunch because shit was changing. They'll all move to the future eventually, kicking and screaming.

Disappointed MS couldn't find a middle ground here though.
The primary party at fault here is MS. If you're going to radically change something that has traditionally been done a certain way you better make sure you have your messaging figured out. They needed to come out with plenty of carrots on day one, but instead they made the stick front and center. Come out and explain to me how the family sharing system works with factual statements from the very beginning. Tell me about your plans for sales in detail and how that will benefit me as a consumer. Assure me that my investments will be available to me at the end of the generation. Add more benefits to the equation. MS failed miserably at every single stage of that and they completely deserve what they got in response.

I'll admit, I'm actually slightly disappointed that MS didn't stick to their guns on this because I honestly would have to liked to see how it played out. I wasn't happy about the policies but in a way I wanted MS to prove to me that their vision was a good one at some point down the line (although I didn't necessarily expect that to happen). Overall I'm glad they went back on their policies, but at the end of the day I think the main reason why they had to do it was because of their own increasingly more apparent arrogance and incompetence.

Don't blame this on "gamers" for being afraid of change, blame it on the party who is forcing the change without being able to effectively tell you why and how it benefits you.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Was going to say, one of the Florida guys (think he was the PED guy, Spikes) was caught on film eye gouging another player.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
No loyalty to Pats players, no loyalty to Florida Gators.

Let's at least wait and hear what the investigation comes up with. Sure, it looks bad, but nothing's definite yet.

You're all level headed now, but RayRay got off the hook too. Face it, you're officially worse than the Ravens, Bengals and Steelers combined.

Top Bottom