• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Greg

Or maybe run the pistol with Aaron Hernandez
k8YA749.jpg

Colasante

The Patriots will be fine. Even without Hernandez, their tight end corps is easily better than the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills. As bad as their receiving corps is, it's not like losing Hernandez is going to turn them into a 6 win team.

Bread

Banned
Hernandez is innocent

I bet he drove to the scene to save his friend, and was trying to remove the bullet with his fingers when he realized that it would look bad to police. So he left his car and his fingerprints at the scene and feigned ignorance to the state police.

What's so hard to understand about that guys

MechDX

The Patriots will be fine. Even without Hernandez, their tight end corps is easily better than the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills. As bad as their receiving corps is, it's not like losing Hernandez is going to turn them into a 6 win team.

Im not a Pats fan in the slightest but you really can not believe this. You lose Hernandez, no clue when Gronkowski will be back or healthy and you have a crap WR corp. That is just decimating. No doubt Belichek will be scouring the waiver wire when cuts are made during the pre-season but that is just hope.

Hernandez is innocent

I bet he drove to the scene to save his friend, and was trying to remove the bullet with his fingers when he realized that it would look bad to police. So he left his car and his fingerprints at the scene and feigned ignorance to the state police.

"Sounds good to me!"

I agree that the Pats will be fine but there are a lot of unknowns with the Dolphins at TE. How well will Dustin Keller perform now that he has a competent QB throwing to him? Did Egnew really improve as much as reports from OTA's are claiming? Will Dion Sims be able to contribute much in his rookie season?

Anyway, let's just start simple; do the Pats have a TE better than Keller besides Gronk and Hernandez?

TheFatOne

How quickly you forget their defense is one of the worst in the NFL. The offense has covered up the defense the last few years. Now the offense isn't nearly as good as it once was. If it was prime Brady I would agree with you. Brady isn't the same QB he used to be, and receivers won't be open as quickly. Pats are going to struggle.

Hernandez is innocent

This.

Bread

Banned
So the ms family plan was basically timed 45 min demos for anyone on your list? Lololololllll where is your god now Yankee?
That's absolute insanity, I can't believe they thought they could omit those details when talking about the plan.

That would have been the nail in the coffin if they had not changed their DRM policy, shit would have gotten bad.

microsoft has been flip flopping and omiting so much details its been nuts

i really think they expected no one to know or read about all those features.

its fucking 2013, every piece of info will be online

lmao at Aaron looking up at the chopper at the pats stadium .

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

http://www.heyuguysgaming.com/news/12507/heartbroken-xbox-one-employee-lets-rip-must-read

The premise is simple and elegant, when you buy your games for Xbox One, you can set any of them to be part of your shared library. Anyone who you deem to be family had access to these games regardless of where they are in the world. There was never any catch to that, they didn’t have to share the same billing address or physical address it could be anyone. When your family member accesses any of your games, they’re placed into a special demo mode. This demo mode in most cases would be the full game with a 15-45 minute timer and in some cases an hour. This allowed the person to play the game, get familiar with it then make a purchase if they wanted to. When the time limit was up they would automatically be prompted to the Marketplace so that they may order it if liked the game. We were toying around with a limit on the number of times members could access the shared game (as to discourage gamers from simply beating the game by doing multiple playthroughs). but we had not settled on an appropriate way of handling it.

Top 10 QB's according to Kurt Warner for those that care and for the sake of non-murder football discussion.

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. Peyton Manning
5. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Eli Manning
7. Matt Ryan
8. Joe Flacco
9. Phillip Rivers
10. Tony Romo

My opinion? Swap Brady and Rodgers. Swap Eli and Ben. Move Romo up to 9.

Drop Rivers entirely at this point in his career but I don't know who would replace him at #10?

Fantomex

YO I got us another Browns Gaf image, this one should be specifically used for Shocking, Bad or Good News.

I give you, Shocked Face Dawg

GR3BFPo.jpg

Colasante

I agree that the Pats will be fine but there are a lot of unknowns with the Dolphins at TE. How well will Dustin Keller perform now that he has a competent QB throwing to him? Did Egnew really improve as much as reports from OTA's are claiming? Will Dion Sims be able to contribute much in his rookie season?

Anyway, let's just start simple; do the Pats have a TE better than Keller besides Gronk and Hernandez?

Probably not, but Gronk isn't on IR. He'll be on PUP and return around week six. Until then, Ballard, Fells, and Hoo Man can be serviceable. It's not an impressive group by any stretch but each is more proven that the Dolphins' TEs, outside of Keller, who I do think is a good player. I think all three are easily better than Kellen Winslow and Scott Chandler, and whoever else the Jets and Bills have at TE.

How quickly you forget their defense is one of the worst in the NFL. The offense has covered up the defense the last few years. Now the offense isn't nearly as good as it once was. If it was prime Brady I would agree with you. Brady isn't the same QB he used to be, and receivers won't be open as quickly. Pats are going to struggle.

You're certainly not wrong, but I do think the defense will be able to take a step up this season because of the increased continuity and the Adrian Wilson and Jamie Collins acquisitions, both of whom should be able to help the pass defense. Will they be good enough to carry the slack for the offense? Probably not, but it's possible.

I just don't see how losing Hernandez, who is (was?) a great player, but not an irreplaceable one, suddenly turns the Patriots into a 6 win team. I certainly don't think they'll win 13 or even 12 games, but they still have one of the best QBs in the league, one of the best offensive lines in the league, the best coach, and one of the most creative offensive coordinators.

squicken

No it could be a situation where his source was a police officer and they didn't want to give anything away. Maybe they had solid evidence, and were just looking at getting more.

Edit: I'm saying that because generally Bedard is not a homer. He usually tells it like it is.

Good point. I do like Bedard, and I'm glad he's doing the thing with Peter King. About the only good thing I've heard about it, really

Talon

Top 10 QB's according to Kurt Warner for those that care and for the sake of non-murder football discussion.

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. Peyton Manning
5. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Eli Manning
7. Matt Ryan
8. Joe Flacco
9. Phillip Rivers
10. Tony Romo

Drop Rivers entirely at this point in his career but I don't know who would replace him at #10?
Your list is pretty much exactly mine. There's nobody to replace Rivers with. Stafford and Cam are not Top 10 QBs. These first year QBs don't deserve to be on a top 10 list until they can prove sustained success.

boshintang.jpg

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. Peyton Manning
5. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Eli Manning
7. Matt Ryan
8. Joe Flacco
9. Phillip Rivers
10. Tony Romo

I think the list should stay as it is, with the one exception of Eli coming in ahead of Ben. Both are inconsistent, but Eli is much more consistent than Ben.

I think Brady should be number one. Pats still manage to slaughter teams in the playoffs despite not having a good defense. Twice now The Pack have faltered after dominating the regular season. I'm not calling Rodgers a Peyton Manning level choker, but beating playoff teams should count for something.

Fox318

1. Aaron Rodgers
  2. Drew Brees
  3. Peyton Manning
  4. Eli Manning
  5. Tom Brady
  6. Ben Roethlisberger
  7. Joe Flacco
  8. Matt Ryan
  9. Mark Sanchez
  10. Tony Romo

Top Bottom