• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Milchjon

Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, whose sprawling North Attleboro home is part of a homicide probe, was booted from Gillette Stadium yesterday when he showed up for a workout as cops continued to hunt for clues in the death of a Dorchester man, according to a source close to the team.

Hernandez, 23, was allowed in the building, but staff was waiting for him and instructed him to leave, the source told the Herald.

Patriots spokesman Stacey James would only say that he had no idea why Hernandez came to the Foxboro stadium yesterday.
“No coaches are here,” said James, declining to comment further

Milchjon

I wonder whether he really thought they'd be the ones who'll make everything alright again.

They gave him the benefit of doubt out of college, they gave him a the benefit of doubt and several millions with the extension, and now it looks like he betrayed their trust.

Also, that Florida thing. You take someone's eye, get sued, and it doesn't shock you enough to keep away from that shit a few months later?

He must be seriously fucked in the head. I'm both sad and angry right now.

Eagles fans never embraced Vick. That is a ridiculous thing to say. Even during his great run in 2010 there would be tons of people calling sports radio saying they would never root for him. Vick is complete scum, no fanbase on Earth would root for him. I am really hoping that Barkley wins the job day 1 and we cut Vick.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I wonder whether he really thought they'd be the ones who'll make everything alright again.

They gave him the benefit of doubt out of college, they gave him a the benefit of doubt and several millions with the extension, and now it looks like he betrayed their trust.

Also, that Florida thing. You take someone's eye, get sued, and it doesn't shock you enough to keep away from that shit a few months later?

He must be seriously fucked in the head. I'm both sad and angry right now.

That or he may have just gone somewhere that he feels "safe".

I am having a hard time finding out what kind of sentence obstruction of justice carries, but it seems like it would be a maximum of 5 years if he was charged at the state level. Obviously it isnt going to matter since he must be involved in the murder if he was willing to destroy evidence, but unlike Ray Lewis it really looks like the cops have AH dead to rights. I wonder how long we will have to wait until we find out what actually happened.

Brinbe

Welp, at least he gave y'all a few good years. There is a reason why the idiot dropped to the 4th.

I'm sure you'll move on just fine with his holiness.

BigAT

So the radio just said that an arrest warrant has been officially issued for AH. Man what a fucking idiot you have to be to throw away all that money and success over either drugs or some girl.

Edit: CBS Boston is reporting it now as well. http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/06/21/source-arrest-warrant-issued-for-aaron-hernandez/

Welp, if you're Aaron Hernandez now is the time to pray.

Cover-480x640.jpg

effzee

Eagles fans never embraced Vick. That is a ridiculous thing to say. Even during his great run in 2010 there would be tons of people calling sports radio saying they would never root for him. Vick is complete scum, no fanbase on Earth would root for him. I am really hoping that Barkley wins the job day 1 and we cut Vick.

Can't speak for all Eagles fans. Myself included, I know many guys who got over what he did and rooted for him. Still do. He served his time, lost his money, and was given a 2nd chance but even then it took like 10 different things to happen for him to get back into the starting lineup. Some of these guys no longer want him as QB but that's only cause they want to start new fresh or young with Foles/Barkley, but nothing to do with him and his past.

If he is the QB this season, I'll be rooting for him and I don't give a shit about his dog killings days.

Can't speak for all Eagles fans. Myself included, I know many guys who got over what he did and rooted for him. Still do. He served his time, lost his money, and was given a 2nd chance but even then it took like 10 different things to happen for him to get back into the starting lineup. Some of these guys no longer want him as QB but that's only cause they want to start new fresh or young with Foles/Barkley, but nothing to do with him and his past.

If he is the QB this season, I'll be rooting for him and I don't give a shit about his dog killings days.

That is fine but I can tell you out of the people that call into sports talk radio shows and the fans I talk to at the games you are definitely in the minority.

effzee

That is fine but I can tell you out of the people that call into sports talk radio shows and the fans I talk to at the games you are definitely in the minority.

I'll be willing to bet that this supposed majority, the loud call into the sports radio maniacs, all embraced him during the run in 2010 and only re-remembered his past after the past 2 seasons.

To me personally in the grand scheme of things, while his crime was a crime and he deserved and served his time, if I am rooting for a professional sports teams I have to accept the fact that none of the guys on the team will be clean or even good guys off the field. If I wanted that I would want Lurie to field a all Tim Tebow team. And compared to some of the other players and their crimes against other humans, I'll take Vick so long as he can stay healthy and produce.

A guy is being accused of murder right now and we're still harping on a guy year later for killing dogs.

I bet Vick wished he killed a few women instead. The heat would surely have died by now.

At the hospital right now, just found out our first kid is a healthy girl! Time to look for some Dolphins onesies!

Congrats man.. Didn't even know you were expecting.

Dysun

Smashing his camera, and phone. Hiring cleaning service, rental car found near the body.

Obstruction is the least of his concerns, accessory charge (if not the whole deal) is heading his way

All that money and fame down the drain

RBH

The Jacksonville Jaguars announced Wednesday that the team has agreed to terms with the City of Jacksonville to undertake approximately $63 million in major enhancements to EverBank Field, including two new end zone video scoreboards that will be the largest of their kind in the world.

The plan also calls for a major renovation of the north end zone to introduce a world-class entertainment and viewing area for fans that will position EverBank Field as a destination on NFL game days and help attract and keep premier events in Jacksonville.

"We support Mayor (Alvin) Brown's initiatives to bring new energy to Downtown Jacksonville and the city's urban core," Jaguars owner Shahid Khan said, "and the enhancements to EverBank Field that we are announcing today will help position Jacksonville as a home and destination for major events, now and in the future. This is indeed great news for Jacksonville."

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports, per a source involved with the process, that the deal eliminates any possibility the Jaguars would relocate to London any time soon or ever.

Highlights of the agreement include:

» New video scoreboards in each end zone, each measuring 55 by 301 feet, making them the largest of their kind in the world

» Major enhancements to EverBank Field's video capabilities

» New LED fascia board displays

» A new scoreboard control room equipped with state-of-the-art software

» A new platform area in the north end zone with pools, unique food and beverage offerings and interactive activities

The improvements announced Wednesday complement the nearly $10 million in stadium upgrades that have been funded by Khan, including locker room upgrades, a new weight room, new training room and a renovation of the Jaguars' administrative offices.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...uars-agree-on-63-million-stadium-upgrade-plan

A guy is being accused of murder right now and we're still harping on a guy year later for killing dogs.

I bet Vick wished he killed a few women instead. The heat would surely have died by now.

Congrats man.. Didn't even know you were expecting.

Uhhh right, because no one brings up ray Lewis murder, stallworth murder or roofles rape. No one should ever forget what that degenerate piece of shit mike Vick is and will always be

Desmond Bishop is supposedly getting interest from the Giants. Bishop was on Sirius:

"Yeah, other teams are interested (more than just the Vikings and Chiefs, whom he's visited). I don’t really know if I’m going to visit them. ... The Giants and Jacksonville. The Giants and Jacksonville are the next two that are interested. Actually, the Niners called but of course, you know, they’re kind of set over there. I appreciate their interest in me regardless. But the Giants, which is a real good situation, and Jacksonville as well.”

I doubt anything comes of it. If there's a visit, that may change.

squicken

Great news Darkest Red. Congratulations man

---

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard
Have heard from two Patriots teammates who said, in their opinion, Hernandez got more brazen after contract extension.

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard
Was tough to corral most of rookie season, showed signs of maturity and then regressed after getting the extension

And now Kraft and Belichick start making their moves

In an anecdote near the bottom of a longer report, it was mentioned that Hernandez was at the team facility trying to watch film, when he grew frustrated at not being able to operate the equipment. Wide receiver Wes Welker walked by, Hernandez asked for help, and Welker replied: “Rookie, you figure it out.”

According to the report, Hernandez “responded with expletives.”

The Globe being a family publication, didn’t expound, but one of their reporters did on twitter.

According to Shalise Manza Young, Hernandez’s reply was “f— you Wes, I’ll f— you up!“

While rookies getting their backs up with veterans is not an uncommon act, the threat within a few days of being drafted was unusual, and as was noted, it was not said in a joking manner.

It was also reported in the newspaper that Hernandez spent “little, if any time with his Patriots teammates off the field,” preferring to surround himself from friends from his old neighborhood.

Taken on its own, the story might not be that big of a deal, especially within the legal context of “innocent until proven guilty.”

But coupled with everything else we’ve learned about Hernandez this week, it adds to the pile of anecdotal evidence which is becoming harder to ignore.

Straight from the Red Sox playbook.

Talon

Congrats, Darkest!

Man, I think you guys with kids outnumber those of us without kids at this point. I'm counting Yankee's llama as a kid. :\

brentech

This offseason would probably be tough to have been any worse for the pats. Both top TEs at a minimum missing time. One seeming unlikely to sniff a field.
Then ya got Welker gone as well.

I'll say enough to the fact that Brady usually seems better with unknowns around him, particularly on the outsides.
But his middle field game was a lot of passes to three players that aren't available. One will be at some point probably.

Top Bottom