• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

This offseason would probably be tough to have been any worse for the pats. Both top TEs at a minimum missing time. One seeming unlikely to sniff a field.
Then ya got Welker gone as well.

I'll say enough to the fact that Brady usually seems better with unknowns around him, particularly on the outsides.
But his middle field game was a lot of passes to three players that aren't available. One will be at some point probably.

It'll be a tough season but at least if we suck then its best to suck with a loaded draft coming up.

Colasante

This offseason would probably be tough to have been any worse for the pats. Both top TEs at a minimum missing time. One seeming unlikely to sniff a field.
Then ya got Welker gone as well.

I'll say enough to the fact that Brady usually seems better with unknowns around him, particularly on the outsides.
But his middle field game was a lot of passes to three players that aren't available. One will be at some point probably.

No doubt it's been pretty rough, but I think it's a necessary process. The team needs to evolve its offense and begin developing younger receivers, in order to create some semblance of a cohesive offense not centered solely around Brady. The easy thing would be to bring back Deion Branch or Welker and pretend like there's no problem at all. Hopefully this season functions as a trial by fire scenario and the rookies respond to being thrown on the field and forced to play.

Congrats, Darkest. Enjoy the coming sleep deprivation!
Desmond Bishop is supposedly getting interest from the Giants. Bishop was on Sirius:

I doubt anything comes of it. If there's a visit, that may change.
Bishop is legit. Wouldn't be a bad pickup for the Giants at all.

My team only cut him because we're aiming to be the 33rd best defense in the league next year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So Tom Brady has Danny Amedola (who will be injured after the first game) and who else?

60rQf1Jl.jpg

squicken

^Amazing

So Tom Brady has Danny Amedola (who will be injured after the first game) and who else?

Two solid RBs and one of the best offensive lines in football. They also have a pretty good coaching staff that made Matt Cassell work. They'll adapt and still win the division

BigAT

It'll be a tough season but at least if we suck then its best to suck with a loaded draft coming up.

Yup, you will have your choice of Rutgers players.

So maybe a warrant wasn't actually issued for Hernandez? It seems like there has been a ton of bad reporting in this case so far.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
So never mind that earlier retweet. Per multiple reports, no warrant issued for Hernandez yet.

Yup, you will have your choice of Rutgers players.

So maybe a warrant wasn't actually issued for Hernandez? It seems like there has been a ton of bad reporting in this case so far.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
So never mind that earlier retweet. Per multiple reports, no warrant issued for Hernandez yet.

...Dumbass journalists.

Tom Penny

Is there anything to do at all in Buffalo? Doing a mini weekend trip to the opener. Last time I went all I recall is bars being open until 4 AM....the rest is a blur.

Tawpgun

Damn it Patriots.

You think when Gronk recovers he's going to play just as well? Or are his glory days already behind him. I have no idea what injuries like he's had do to the body.

squicken

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Update: Police have prepared arrest warrant for Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez for obstruction of justice, per ABC News.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Court magistrate tells @nflnetwork 3 search warrants have been issued in Hernandez investigation. Will not give out locations, though.

Damn it Patriots.

You think when Gronk recovers he's going to play just as well? Or are his glory days already behind him. I have no idea what injuries like he's had do to the body.

Gronk is hosting a whole new class of STDs in his body. No one knows what they are, let alone how he will be affected

As far as his non-STDs, it does seem like there is a chronic issue with the back. Even with surgery, I doubt he gets "healthier" going forward. But maybe missing the early part of this year will help him hold up at the end of it

Bowser

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Update: Police have prepared arrest warrant for Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez for obstruction of justice, per ABC News.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Court magistrate tells @nflnetwork 3 search warrants have been issued in Hernandez investigation. Will not give out locations, though.

Gronk is hosting a whole new class of STDs in his body. No one knows what they are, let alone how he will be affected

As far as his non-STDs, it does seem like there is a chronic issue with the back. Even with surgery, I doubt he gets "healthier" going forward. But maybe missing the early part of this year will help him hold up at the end of it

Not to mention, what, 4 surgeries on his arm?

bionic77

Did they arrest Hernandez yet?

I wonder what kind of person he is. Hopefully he is a rat and confesses within minutes of his arrest (after they read him his Miranda) and sells out the entire Pats franchise in the process!

I wonder what kind of person he is. Hopefully he is a rat and confesses within minutes of his arrest (after they read him his Miranda) and sells out the entire Pats franchise in the process!

How long do you have to wear that avatar for?

Fantomex

If you want someone to confess you get McNulty and Bunk on the case.

Milchjon

Putin says he doesn't remember Kraft or a ring.

Now that Hernandez is fucked anyway, can't we at least send him to Russia to take care of Putin?

Now that the murder is going to be arrested I feel much safer. Now if they could quarantine Gronk so his super STD's don't infect innocent people we'll all be fine.

Milchjon

Why do you want Hernandez dead? Putin is not the kind of person you want to fuck with.

Hernandez carried out a perfectly planned murder and it will be impossible to pin on him because he left no traces.

I think that shows that he's destined for greatness in the realm of political assassination.

Top Bottom