• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Milchjon

A craft beer store opened next to a local brewery last month, and apparently I've been there way to often. The guy behind the counter just treated me to a short brewery tour and some free beer.

Brewers are awesome.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Looks like they're about to arrest that murdering patriot live on television. Quick, get one of your boys to start the suv and drive off!

BNYcVHxCEAAc0b9.jpg

MechDX

Going to take advantage of my time off and convert our extra room to a small gameroom for myself. Some Dreamcast and OG Xbox love.

Man you guys fail more than Mark Sanchez.

edit: oh it got disabled, thought everybody was just failing at embedding tweets :jnc

People were already abusing it. (This is why we can't have nice things)

I'll get used to the looks eventually, as long as it doesn't go FUBAR during big events, I don't give a fuuuuuuuuck what GAF looks like.

Colasante

They need to arrest Hernandez. It's pretty obvious he knows what happened that night.

I think it's a case where the District Attorney is getting all of his ducks in a row before making an arrest. With a case this high profile, he can't afford any procedural slip ups. It's certainly coming though.

squicken

I think it's a case where the District Attorney is getting all of his ducks in a row before making an arrest. With a case this high profile, he can't afford any procedural slip ups. It's certainly coming though.

They certainly seem to be proceeding better than we usually see these things go. It's getting very difficult to imagine him playing week one. It's such a different league and media environment than when Ray was doing his killing

Milchjon

I think the obvious conclusion to be drawn from this case is that Ray's case needs to be re-opened. Justice needs to be served, and all his rings must be vacated.

Vyroxis

Banned
He won't play week one. He won't play period I bet. Guy is guilty at least of obstruction of justice. I'm betting he will get hit with accomplice though, which is still prison time even with a plea deal.

He won't play week one. He won't play period I bet. Guy is guilty at least of obstruction of justice. I'm betting he will get hit with accomplice though, which is still prison time even with a plea deal.

Goodell will suspend him for at least a year even if he doesn't do any jail time. Possibly more.

Goodell will suspend him for at least a year even if he doesn't do any jail time. Possibly more.

Yep.

Violation of the personal conduct policy/conduct detrimental to the league.

I imagine Goodellführer will sit him down for at least a year. If the Pats included some sort of "morals" cluase in his contract, they could possibly cut him too.

jbug617

Banned
Yep.

Violation of the personal conduct policy/conduct detrimental to the league.

I imagine Goodellführer will sit him down for at least a year. If the Pats included some sort of "morals" cluase in his contract, they could possibly cut him too.

Rapoport reported there isn't a work out clause in the contract for Hernandez so the Pats might be on the hook for his contract. I'm okay with suspending him not for a year but indefinitely.

Lunchbox

Banned
murderers, dog killers and rapists run wild in this league

but a family man with a kid on the way gets prosecuted. try to keep us down all you want, we will shit on rest of america as usual like the last decade

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Is Hernadez getting charged with murder or just obstruction of justice? Obstruction of justice is not a big deal and certainly not to the point where the cops should be raiding his house for a stupid obstruction of justice charge.

Obstruction of Justice is basically just a charge cops come up with when they can't pin you down for anything else. It can range from talking shit to cops or resisting arrest.

Why are some people so fucking stupid? I mean, seriously, you've got pretty much all the money you'll ever need in life, get to have an awesome job, go out whenever, but he still wants to act like a thug? I don't care if the guy beat the shit out of you or whatever, there's no way I'd put my life in jeopardy like he has, especially considering how much he had going for himself. I'll never understand humans. He might not have killed the guy, but he sure as hell had something to do with it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Is Hernadez getting charged with murder or just obstruction of justice? Obstruction of justice is not a big deal and certainly not to the point where the cops should be raiding his house for a stupid obstruction of justice charge.

Obstruction of Justice is basically just a charge cops come up with when they can't pin you down for anything else. It can range from talking shit to cops or resisting arrest.

Roethlisberger was suspended 4 games with zero criminal charges against him.

I don't think theres a chance in hell he plays a single game this year regardless of what does or doesnt happen.

Fantomex

people can get up to 5 years for obstruction of justice.

murderers, dog killers and rapists run wild in this league

but a family man with a kid on the way gets prosecuted. try to keep us down all you want, we will shit on rest of america as usual like the last decade

The Pats last decade (2003-2013):

• 2 fraud championships
  • Losses in the AFC playoffs to the Colts (epic chokejob, btw), the J.E.T.S (at home, no less), and the Ravens (twice, would have been three times if Billy Cundiff wasn't a massive vagina and could kick the ball), and the Broncos with Jake the Snake
  • 2 SB losses to the New York Football Giants and the Goober King Eli
  • Exposed by the great Eric Mangeni (whom I consider a true American hero, and a friend)

The Pats last decade (2003-2013):

• 2 fraud championships
  • Losses in the AFC playoffs to the Colts (epic chokejob, btw), the J.E.T.S (at home, no less), and the Ravens (twice, would have been three times if Billy Cundiff wasn't a massive vagina and could kick the ball), and the Broncos with Jake the Snake
  • 2 SB losses to the New York Football Giants and the Goober King Eli
  • Exposed by the great Eric Mangeni (whom I consider a true American hero, and a friend)
What have the Panthers done in forever?

Top Bottom