• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

LQX

Pretty much they're going to be impossible to get without knowing/being an insider. Giants season passes are sold out (you would also have to buy PSL) and are pretty expensive as you would have to buy second hand.

There's going to be a lottery type system for season pass holders of the jets/giants/whoever the 2 teams playing the team are and alot of tickets going out to corps.

Ugh, figured. Still going to try though but I have a feeling these will be the hardest to get and most expensive tickets ever. Oh well, I was excited for a minute about the Super Bowl coming to NY/NJ. Thanks!

That is like saying Awakening is a balanced strategy rpg if you play on lunatic without any grinding/second sealing and playing without sages/dark mages.
Awakening is far less balanced than VC, even on challenge runs. You can't use orders or scout rush as effectively on ex-hard, so give those maps a try if you can.

Also factor in VC's scoring system which rewards you for killing leaders/tanks/aces. Scout order rushing isn't always useful for getting an A rank while killing all leaders/tanks/aces on the map, you need to develop other strategies instead. Taking scoring into consideration, VC encourages more strategy than people tend to give it credit for.

Draxal

Awakening is far less balanced than VC, even on challenge runs. You can't use orders or scout rush as effectively on ex-hard, so give those maps a try if you can.

Also factor in VC's scoring system which rewards you for killing leaders/tanks/aces. Scout order rushing isn't always useful for getting an A rank while killing all leaders/tanks/aces on the map, you need to develop other strategies instead. Taking scoring into consideration, VC encourages more strategy than people tend to give it credit for.

Err, you can pretty much kill stuff while scout rushing because orders allow your scouts to 1 shot most tanks (use the 3 cost anti tank order to one shot a radiator)/aces.

Taking scoring into consideration is what makes scout rushing actually pretty bad, as the grading rewards speed most of the time.

And you just ignored my point, they took out the stuff that unbalanced the game on ex-hard (which I have no desire of ever playing) which you can easily do in awakening if you don't second seal which is what kills the strategy in Awakening.

Spades

Lets talk about how terrible the lolphins are and how they should move to Havana

37642936.jpg

Err, you can pretty much kill stuff while scout rushing because orders allow your scouts to 1 shot most tanks (use the 3 cost anti tank order to one shot a radiator)/aces.

And you just ignored my point, they took out the stuff that unbalanced the game on ex-hard (which I have no desire of ever playing) which you can easily do in awakening if you don't second seal which is what kills the strategy in Awakening.

Not true. Go ahead and try getting A ranks while killing all leaders/tanks/aces on a new game and tell me how much strategy is involved. You'll quickly find out it's more than scout rushing and orders. Scoring takes more than turn count into consideration.

I did not ignore your point, I responded to it exactly. Ex-hard is not a player restricted challenge, while holding yourself back from using certain things in Awakening is a player restricted challenge. If you're judging VC's balance based on using all options available to the player (an unrestricted run) such as scout rushing and orders, then it's accurate to do the same thing for Awakening. Whether it's a restricted or unrestricted run, Awakening is far less balanced overall with more issues than the one you just listed.

If you're going to talk about Awakening challenge runs such as "don't second seal", then VC challenge runs such as "no upgrades, take no damage, and 100% kills" have potential to be far more balanced, strategic, complex, etc.

Draxal

Not true. Go ahead and try getting A ranks while killing all leaders/tanks/aces on a new game and tell me how much strategy is involved. You'll quickly find out it's more than scout rushing and orders. Scoring takes more than turn count into consideration.

I did not ignore your point. Ex-hard is not a player restricted challenge, while holding yourself back from using certain things in Awakening is a player restricted challenge. If you're judging VC's balance based on using all options available to the player (an unrestricted run) such as scout rushing and orders, then it's accurate to do the same thing for Awakening. Whether it's a restricted or unrestricted run, Awakening is far less balanced overall with more issues than the one you just listed.

If you're going to talk about Awakening challenge runs such as "don't second seal", then VC challenge runs such as "no upgrades, take no damage, and 100% kills" have potential to be far more balanced, strategic, complex, etc.

I'm judging Valk Chronicles by the gameplay offered in the core game like I'm judging by the core gameplay of Awakening. I don't think paid hard mode skirmishes really determine the value of the gameplay of both games.

And by scoring are you counting total points or A ranking as A ranking (which is just pure turn countage of the battles) was the only concern for most players of valk for the tangible rewards that it provided. I think that was a case of mistaken interpretation on my part.

And second sealing isn't a challenge run at all, you and I both know that second seals were only introduced in the previous Fire Emblem, and the game is perfectly beatable without them.

Dumb question do you lurk here normally, I think Chanhuk needed a new Valk Chronicles buddy.

Dumb question do you lurk here normally, I think Chanhuk needed a new Valk Chronicles buddy.
Consider two different run conditions:
1. The player uses all options available to them while trying to meet scoring goals, if any. VC has some balance issues like scouts and orders, but it's still more balanced and challenging overall. Even though ex-hard is optional DLC, it counts as part of the game as much as any Awakening DLC, imo.

2. The player restricts themselves to increase the balance or difficulty of the game. VC is still more balanced and challenging overall. If you want to consider "don't use seals, nosferatu, frederick, etc." runs in Awakening, then start considering "don't use orders, upgrades, take no damage, etc." runs in VC.

Yes by VC scoring I mean the score you get from killing targets as well as the turn count rank. FE seals, like VC scouts and orders, are options available to the player. VC is "perfectly beatable" without orders as well. Not using seals is a challenge condition where you restrict yourself from using an option available to you.

No sorry I don't lurk here just saw VC mentioned when using the search feature.

Milchjon

...Like Clockwork didn't do much for me, but I'll give it a few more shots.

The live version of I Appear Missing that I linked above with the longer instrumental part is... hnnnnnngh

The title track and My God Is The Sun (especially the verses) are among their best songs ever, too.

Greg

The live version of I Appear Missing that I linked above with the longer instrumental part is... hnnnnnngh

The title track and My God Is The Sun (especially the verses) are among their best songs ever, too.
I've always been an album guy. It had some good songs (I Appear Missing was the highlight for me), but just wasn't clicking with me as a whole.

I'll listen through the whole thing right now in your honor.

Top Bottom