• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

I will come at you for that BS.

Fuck the Vita. I won't spend more than 200 for that (Including mem card) or the U. I will just buy some expensive clothes and some cheap shit to wear at the gym.

Tactics Orge is considered the pinnacle of the genre.

edit: FE is good, I also love Advance Wars and Valkyrie Chronicles (oh and FF Tactics).

Draxal

I degrade you to Pats fan level scumbag.

Tactics Ogre next to Valkyria Chronicles is the best SRPG of all time.

Dude, valkyria chronicles is not even a good strategy rpg. here's the strategy in valk chronicles, use alicia, kill everything with her. I mean the game's fine and all, but the gameplay is utterly broken due to the order system and how good alicia is.

Hunter S.

Dude, valkyria chronicles is not even a good strategy rpg. here's the strategy in valk chronicles, use alicia, kill everything with her. I mean the game's fine and all, but the gameplay is utterly broken due to the order system and how good alicia is.
Hmmmmm????? I did not even really use Alisha much or the scouts in the PS3 version they sucked. There are so much variety in situations that just sounds off.

Also, what the fuck is tactics ogre? Never heard of it.

The Walking Dead A telltale story really is fucking awesome. Never been emotionally pulled into a story like this before even in movies and shows.

how far am i in the last of us? i just got to the part where joel
falls down the elevator shaft

this game really puts me on edge! trying to save up enough pills so i can gain the ability to stab those monster zombies in the throat if they grab me. died quite a few times from those shitbags. also in spots the game just looks insane. not sure how they pulled this off with hardware that is basically 8 years old but it is naughty dog!

ChanHuk

Banned

HEY JERKWAD, YOU WANNA BREAK THE GAME?! GO AHEAD YOU PIECE OF DIRTY MONGREL OUTTA AARON HERNANDEZ'S TESTIMONY.

Truth, you can break any game, just like those little girly Hank HIll ankles you got there swine.

JABEE

I hear mixed things. People from South Jersey always say the same thing but whenever I am at a sporting event in Philly and something goes wrong everyone assures me that every dochebag, asshole, criminal and terrorist is from south jersey.

Who do I believe?

There's always some idiots at every sporting event. South Jersey as a whole is an awesome place to live.

Finished The Last of Us.

All I can say is wow.

Damn Straight. Everyone should play this game.

BigAT

this game really puts me on edge! trying to save up enough pills so i can gain the ability to stab those monster zombies in the throat if they grab me. died quite a few times from those shitbags. also in spots the game just looks insane. not sure how they pulled this off with hardware that is basically 8 years old but it is naughty dog!

I saved all my pills and went for the shiv upgrade as my first one. Fuck Clickers!

There's always some idiots at every sporting event. South Jersey as a whole is an awesome place to live.

If you don't mind being in the middle of nowhere.

JABEE

You still have a ways to go. I think you're about halfway through the game. The game takes about 14-18 hours to complete.

Draxal

HEY JERKWAD, YOU WANNA BREAK THE GAME?! GO AHEAD YOU PIECE OF DIRTY MONGREL OUTTA AARON HERNANDEZ'S TESTIMONY.

Truth, you can break any game, just like those little girly Hank HIll ankles you got there swine.

Just saying, Valk 1 is stupid broken gameplay wise(but everything else is superb), and they supposedly fixed that in 2 and 3. Not that we will ever get to play 3.

Hmmmmm????? I did not even really use Alisha much or the scouts in the PS3 version they sucked. There are so much variety in situations that just sounds off.

Also, what the fuck is tactics ogre? Never heard of it.

Orders break scouts, as does map design (capture maps make scouts easily the best class which they are a ton of capture maps). Alicia is by far the best scout.

Final Fantasy Tactics is pretty much a remake of Tactics Ogre.

JABEE

I saved all my pills and went for the shiv upgrade as my first one. Fuck Clickers!

If you don't mind being in the middle of nowhere.

What do you mean? I can go to Philadelphia in a flash. NYC is a few connecting trains away. South Jersey is nothing like living in the middle of nowhere. Maybe if you live down by Millville. It's not the city, but it's a really nice place to live.

MechDX

PFF did their Top 101 players of 2012

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/06/pffs-top-101-of-2012-the-full-list/

Top 10:

1. J.J. Watt, DE, Houston Texans

2. Adrian Peterson, RB, Minnesota Vikings

3. Geno Atkins, DT, Cincinnati Bengals

4. Von Miller, OLB, Denver Broncos

5. Richard Sherman, CB, Seattle Seahawks

6. Evan Mathis, OG, Philadelphia Eagles

7. Peyton Manning, QB, Denver Broncos

8. Cameron Wake, DE, Miami Dolphins

9. Andre Johnson, WR, Houston Texans

10. Patrick Willis, LB, San Francisco 49ers

2 Texans....fuckin Schaub

Draxal

What do you mean? I can go to Philadelphia in a flash. NYC is a few connecting trains away. South Jersey is nothing like living in the middle of nowhere. Maybe if you live down by Millville. It's not the city, but it's a really nice place to live.

I think he just called you a Piney.

Greg

Just got back from the wedding, and it was awesome. I got the bride's scared mom to dance.

1 1/2 hour drive home was rough.

ChanHuk

Banned
Just saying, Valk 1 is stupid broken gameplay wise(but everything else is superb), and they supposedly fixed that in 2 and 3. Not that we will ever get to play 3.

Orders break scouts, as does map design (capture maps make scouts easily the best class which they are a ton of capture maps). Alicia is by far the best scout.

Holy shit, fuck you asshole. Seriously I hope Tebow smotes you.

Fantomex

PFF did their Top 101 players of 2012

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/06/pffs-top-101-of-2012-the-full-list/

Top 10:

2 Texans....fuckin Schaub

JJ Watt at #1, Peyton the Only QB in the top 10, Andre Johnson over Megatron and someone from the Bengals on the actual list?

538.gif

Draxal

I love JPP and all, but he's way too high on that list and does not deserve to be over Eli; an yeah .... not having all the qbs in the top is stupid.

Draxal

Holy shit, fuck you asshole. Seriously I hope Tebow smotes you.

Why so hostile bro, game's still good; canvas engine's great' story is extremely inoffensive for a jrpg (which means's it's probably top 3 jrpg story) and all but the gameplay is fucked due to the some balance decisions, I know being a Raider fan for the last decade has destroyed all semblance of sanity, but please understand.

ChanHuk

Banned
Why so hostile bro, game's still good; canvas engine's great' story is extremely inoffensive for a jrpg (which means's it's probably top 3 jrpg story) and all but the gameplay is fucked due to the some balance decisions, I know being a Raider fan for the last decade has destroyed all semblance of sanity, but please understand.

You're no bro of mine you inbred swine. Hope you get hit by a Pats fan bus crossing the street.

Fantomex

Every Superbowl through 51. The prophecy is coming true.

PFF does detailed stats for all players, very detailed numbers. BTW, I like Watts best performance..Best Performance: Week 1 versus Miami, +9.5

You remind me a lot of myself 15 years ago Mech. I had nothing to root for but Marino getting to the pro bowl and being the thing commentators gushed about our team. Sometimes you can't help but find the silver lining. It usually wears out when you keep losing in the first round though. My condolences. Oh and regarding the very detailed numbers, Joe Flacco won superbowl and Ray Lewis did as well. How do the numbers do on that?

Draxal

Every Superbowl through 51. The prophecy is coming true.

PFF does detailed stats for all players, very detailed numbers. BTW, I like Watts best performance..Best Performance: Week 1 versus Miami, +9.5

I think PFF metrics are garbage; sample size is way too small to give this merit, plus so many other uncontrollable variables (injuries/quality of opponent/dependency on teammates/coaching). Give me a good talent analyst like Greg Cosell anyway.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
You remind me a lot of myself 15 years ago Mech. I had nothing to root for but Marino getting to the pro bowl and being the thing commentators gushed about our team. Sometimes you can't help but find the silver lining. It usually wears out when you keep losing in the first round though. My condolences. Oh and regarding the very detailed numbers, Joe Flacco won superbowl and Ray Lewis did as well. How do the numbers do on that?

2 murders = 2 rings

JABEE

It only works if Hermurdez is on the team and not in jail, though.

The fact that the Pats organization is leaking stories about him being a terrible person means that he's not going to get off. If Kraft money was involved maybe, but the deck is stacked against him at this point.

Hunter S.

Well, I would rather play with more strategy assuming I ever do again. I will pretend to be blissfully ignorant. More fun that way.

@Mech Two broncos on this list as well. Peyton the rightful number one QB. No Tammy in top 10 = Epic truth

Edit: That many 49ers means it must be some fanboy circle jerk involving FMT.

Yes it did. We lost by 3 points in a game where the refs raped us from beginning to end against a team using deer sperm to cheat. Enjoy the next decade of irrelevance while the niners continue to be the talk of the league!

You guys had the fucking Undertaker stop the match for his hour long entrance.

I think PFF metrics are garbage; sample size is way too small to give this merit, plus so many other uncontrollable variables (injuries/quality of opponent/dependency on teammates/coaching). Give me a good talent analyst like Greg Cosell anyway.

Eh, this list is far superior to the one the NFL is doing right now. I also don't mind the team splits - this list actually features players/teams that performed well. Texans Defense was massively overrated, Geno Atkins was a beast that rode the Bungholes defense, and the list is missing a lot of the junk players who always show up due to name recognition despite their play on the field.

Striker

I love JPP and all, but he's way too high on that list and does not deserve to be over Eli; an yeah .... not having all the qbs in the top is stupid.
JPP was a beast still against the run, but overall yeah he was underwhelming compared to 2011. The back issue I'm sure played some part - hopefully he can play at least 8+ games this year but who knows with these injuries.

Despite that, he was still easily a top three defensive player on the team (with Prince and Linval). The team needed a drastic change on defense - now they'll have three brand new LB's, new DT, but the same secondary. :(

Top Bottom