• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

MiKeD

Banned
This offseason has been passing through insanely fast compared to other years.
Mainly helped due to the fact that I haven't read every little tidbit about what's been going on with the Browns this time around.
I'll just read up on eveything just before the pre-season games.

Dude, valkyria chronicles is not even a good strategy rpg. here's the strategy in valk chronicles, use alicia, kill everything with her. I mean the game's fine and all, but the gameplay is utterly broken due to the order system and how good alicia is.
VC does have some balance issues like scout rushing and orders, but the underlying engine is pretty good if you want to do challenge runs. Try the ex-hard maps, you don't get orders or a tank, and enemy interception fire is so strong your scouts die in a second.

cajunator

Banned
greetings.
Do yall like football? I hear the Patriots want to be winners like the ravens so they started murdering people. Its just a rumor though.

Vyroxis

Banned
Stupid storm knocking out the stupid internet making me lose time to level my stupid tank in stupid TOR.

Also, hungover.

Also also, Pats suck.

jakncoke

Banned
Mike Wallace didnt give a single fuck last year and his performance showed that. Now im curious.. he has been paid will he care again or care even less

Spades

Mike Wallace didnt give a single fuck last year and his performance showed that. Now im curious.. he has been paid will he care again or care even less

He gets to be a true #1 WR, if he puts up the numbers to match his salary. That's what all these divas want.

Fantomex

I have to admit, the dark theme on mobile is kind of growing on me.

Holy shit this dark theme is sweet.

I told ya'll. Darkness is spreading!

1mFHakz.gif

jakncoke

Banned
Im not sure I believe Mike Wallace has what it even takes to be a true #, His route running is severely limited and he gets the drops quite often. Do you Dolphins fans think the Steelers fans are just making this up to rain on your parade? Or have you tired yourself of your former wr corps so much so that you have delusioned yourself into thinking he is the man that will answer all your questions.

Fantomex

Im not sure I believe Mike Wallace has what it even takes to be a true #, His route running is severely limited and he gets the drops quite often. Do you Dolphins fans think the Steelers fans are just making this up to rain on your parade? Or have you tired yourself of your former wr corps so much so that you have delusioned yourself into thinking he is the man that will answer all your questions.

Nah, I know he's mediocre. I'm just hoping Hartline benefits from him stretching the field as well as Gibson in the slot.

jakncoke

Banned
Damn according to espn there is still 240 people unsigned. Sure they havent deleted some retires yet from the list, but that still leads a pretty large pool of unemployed players. Probably most will have to wait till training camp to get a try out i assume

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Cleveland fans get their feelings hurt so easily.

Just read the media and fans are all up in arms because Josh Gordon and Phil Taylor support Lebron.

Somehow Gordon is immature because he tweetes such support.

I know Wallace's route running and tendency to drop passes are issues. Nobody said he was Megatron. The fact is, the Dolphins went from having a young QB with a strong arm and absolutely zero deep threats to having a young QB with a strong arm and one of the best deep threats in the NFL. Does he need to improve significantly in multiple areas to justify that outrageous contract? Absolutely, but acting like he doesn't have the potential to make the Dolphins passing game substantially better is disingenuous, regardless of his flaws.

I get what you're saying though, trust me, I do. I'm not exactly thrilled when I hear Wallace talking about how he's one of the older guys now and he's in a leadership role. But, the bottom line for me is that Wallace was the best available solution to the Dolphins WR problems, and I'm glad they signed him instead of potentially wasting another year of Tannehill's development.

And by the way, you're at least the third Steelers fan on NFL-GAF I've had this exact same conversation with.

Tanny's legit, but he can't buy time behind a horrible line like Big Ben. And MIA's line is awful
Jumping to a lot of conclusions there, my friend. Tannehill's size, athleticism, and pocket awareness could make him very good at buying some time, and the Dolphins o-line is mostly unproven at this point.

Cleveland fans get their feelings hurt so easily.

Just read the media and fans are all up in arms because Josh Gordon and Phil Taylor support Lebron.

Somehow Gordon is immature because he tweetes such support.
I Saw the tweets, I have no problem with what Phil said. I saw the Gordan tweet to, it didn't really bother me but at the same time it didn't need to be said. Especially for a guy in his situation, only thing he needs to tweet about right now is "working hard for the season".

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Jesus Soccer-age is halfway through their 22nd OT

Let's see here. We're going to need 4 offseason ot's, preseason ot, one for every week (17) and one for every round of the playoffs (4). NFL-gaf has 26 ot's a year.

ed - late, but my math is better!

MechDX

Damn according to espn there is still 240 people unsigned. Sure they havent deleted some retires yet from the list, but that still leads a pretty large pool of unemployed players. Probably most will have to wait till training camp to get a try out i assume

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/43367/309/top-10-post-june-1-free-agents

There is just crap left.

I do see Casey Hamptom maybe going to the Texans during camp. Galveston guy and wants to finish his career close to home.

Still some good running back available I'm sure will get signed at some point. I'm rooting for beanie to get a deal.

Someone will definitely sign him and he will get turf toe in training camp

Rhodes is a homophobic homosexual. Why would anyone want that type of attitude on the team? Now if he murdered someone that'd be different...

I would sign Hitler if he guaranteed a win. I just wouldn't defend him as a person like BLarry

Draxal

VC does have some balance issues like scout rushing and orders, but the underlying engine is pretty good if you want to do challenge runs. Try the ex-hard maps, you don't get orders or a tank, and enemy interception fire is so strong your scouts die in a second.

That is like saying Awakening is a balanced strategy rpg if you play on lunatic without any grinding/second sealing and playing without sages/dark mages. The core gameplay Awakening is fine, but they made some awful balance decisions in a normal/hard game, and this is an old fuddy duddy who likes Awakening/Valkyria Chronicles better then the older Emblems due to their superior production values.

That is like saying Awakening is a balanced strategy rpg if you play on lunatic without any grinding/second sealing and playing without sages/dark mages. The core gameplay Awakening is fine, but they made some awful balance decisions in a normal/hard game, and this is an old fuddy duddy who likes Awakening/Valkyria Chronicles better then the older Emblems due to their superior production values.
Awakening is still balanced fairly well on Hard with minor grinding, minor use of second sealing, and minor use of sages/dark mages. You have to go out of your way a bit to really break things open, which I managed to avoid doing during my time with the game. It's definitely exploitable in a lot of ways if you are into that but that's how just about every SRPG is. At least with FE the exploitation generally requires some effort and it isn't always painfully obvious. In Tactics Ogre (which I still love) it's as simple as, "use archers a lot."

Draxal

Awakening is still balanced fairly well on Hard with minor grinding, minor use of second sealing, and minor use of sages/dark mages. You have to go out of your way a bit to really break things open, which I managed to avoid doing during my time with the game. It's definitely exploitable in a lot of ways if you are into that but that's how just about every SRPG is. At least with FE the exploitation generally requires some effort and it isn't always painfully obvious. In Tactics Ogre (which I still love) it's as simple as, "use archers a lot."

I actually think this is my fav fire emblem due to the insane production values and I do like the chars (the story isn't the greatest, but I don't think any fire emblem story is actually that great).

But man, the skill inheritance system with galeforce being by far the best skill to pass down, and forcing you to grind chars to enable to get their sons (owain/inigo/brady/male morgan) is a decision that I really really hated; and yeah I never played Tactics Ogre (well I did play Knight of Lodis); just wasn't really obtainable for me at the time.

The degree of exploitation in this Fire Emblem compared to the previous ones is just magnitudes higher.

LQX

Question: Super Bowl 2014 is in NY/NJ. I'm going to do everything in my power to go. Can tickets be bought in advance before there is a rush? Buying the cheapest season pass tickets for Giants/Jets won't guarantee a spot right? Just wait?

Draxal

Question: Super Bowl 2014 is in NY/NJ. I'm going to do everything in my power to go. Can tickets be bought in advance before there is a rush? Buying the cheapest season pass tickets for Giants/Jets won't guarantee a spot right? Just wait?

Pretty much they're going to be impossible to get without knowing/being an insider. Giants season passes are sold out (you would also have to buy PSL) and are pretty expensive as you would have to buy second hand.

There's going to be a lottery type system for season pass holders of the jets/giants/whoever the 2 teams playing the team are and alot of tickets going out to corps.

Top Bottom