• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

MechDX

We should really start posting a jersey a day with the number that references the days remaining until the first game.

Already being done

5765_10151451976491314_143096311_n.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
As much as I'm loving the games on the 3DS, I think I'm done with the XL. I talked with GameStop yesterday about taking the unit back and exchanging it for an OG 3DS and they are amenable to doing so. I have until the weekend to decide but I think I'm going that route.

The 3D on the thing is completely useless (and yes I use it). It's a mess of ghosting and cross talk with any level of slight movement. A significant downgrade from the old hardware and the more I use my daughters OG unit - the screen is just nicer and plays better given the resolution of the games in question.

I can see where you're coming from on the smaller screen, sometimes I do feel like the XL's screen is too big for its own good. The 3D always seemed the same on both systems to me, though.

The worst part of the XL for me is trying to keep my pointer finger on the L button when I'm playing a game that uses the d-pad. It just feels uncomfortable because of how far apart they are. I also feel like the system is kind of uncomfortable to hold for long periods of time. Overall I still prefer the XL but I can understand preferring the original.

Small hands confirmed.

ChanHuk

Banned
Good luck.

BTW, are there no combined Kickers/Punters? Why not? Seems like a good way to save a roster spot...

Different skillsets, I mean a punter can kick off the ball. But do you really want them to kick your FGs (I suppose you can have Wes Welker drop kick)? Kickers as evident by your lowly Pats are critical to the game. Kickers other than Janikowski really are inexpensive.

Just saw someone refer to FE: Awakening as Waifu Emblem on the gaming side. I swear they have been trying for months to make me hate that game.

What the flying fuck is a "Waifu"?

PS guise, I went a week without drinking until jak reminded me of my dead patient.

In the world of people who eat more than cold gruel everyday, people jokingly use the Japanese-like pronunciation of "wife".
That's part one of the definition, wouldn't you say?

For the record, I don't mind Japanese silliness in my games, I just find it kind of irritating when something like that completely dominates discussion around a game for months and months after its release. FE:A is just such a phenomenal game full of complex systems and mechanics that I hate to see it reduced to a Japanese dating sim, which is how a lot of people portray it. It's just a personal gripe of mine though, so I understand if no one else really cares or sees it that way.

bionic77

That's part one of the definition, wouldn't you say?

For the record, I don't mind Japanese silliness in my games, I just find it kind of irritating when something like that completely dominates discussion around a game for months and months after its release. FE:A is just such a phenomenal game full of complex systems and mechanics that I hate to see it reduced to a Japanese dating sim, which is how a lot of people portray it. It's just a personal gripe of mine though, so I understand if no one else really cares or sees it that way.
Solution. Stop listening to idiots. You will be much happier that way.

bionic77

I am probably 6 months late but I just saw the video for Blurred lines and sweet Jesus that video is not Tebow approved. When I was a kid it was edgy to spray a hot chicks tits with water while she rolled around on a car. In this video all the girls just dance around topless.

Fantomex

Ding Dongs are way better than Twinkies. Twinkies are the McDonalds of fast food. They get they job done, but you'll be dealing with them later.

I am probably 6 months late but I just saw the video for Blurred lines and sweet Jesus that video is not Tebow approved. When I was a kid it was edgy to spray a hot chicks tits with water while she rolled around on a car. In this video all the girls just dance around topless.

Video would be even better if it wasn't attached to such a shitty song.

Draxal

Just saw someone refer to FE: Awakening as Waifu Emblem on the gaming side. I swear they have been trying for months to make me hate that game.

Awakening thread insularity destroys NFL gafs, its a shame. Nintendo does pander to that mateket ... See the tharja statue I linked earlier.

Awakening thread insularity destroys NFL gafs, its a shame. Nintendo does pander to that mateket ... See the tharja statue I linked earlier.
You're right. The pandering is the only thing I don't like about Awakening, it's kind of disappointing that Nintendo went that route. I try to look past it but if you spend any time in the FE:A OT it's impossible so I just don't go there anymore.

Fantomex

I'm very early into Dream Drop Distance but it looks a bit convoluted. Like they felt bad about it taking so long to release, so they added all these pokemon type elements just to make up for it. I'm also already confused about what does what, seems to have like 20 options in Pause Menu.

I'm very early into Dream Drop Distance but it looks a bit convoluted. Like they felt bad about it taking so long to release, so they added all these pokemon type elements just to make up for it. I'm also already confused about what does what, seems to have like 20 options in Pause Menu.

That's why I got a couple hours in and quit

Top Bottom