• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Milchjon

Giants WR Brandon Collins suspended for 4 games for violating the substance abuse policy.

SMH, cheaters everywhere. Are the Pats the only upright team left? Why can't everyone do what we did and sign Tebow? Blessed be this team.

PFF calls James Harrison the best linebacker of the past 5 years.

What pushed Harrison to the top was his ability to do it all. The Steelers’ scheme asked a lot out of him, and more than you’d tend to require from a guy chiefly known as an edge rusher. Yet, not only did he impress dropping into coverage, but he was extremely productive rushing the passer, and a true force in the run game lining up chiefly as the right outside linebacker for the Steelers in each of his five years.

Indeed, if you look at our Pass Rushing Productivity Signature Stats you’ll see that among 3-4 outside linebackers Harrison finished first in 2008, third in 2009, fifth in 2010 and third again in 2011, before his play dropped off in 2012. That’s incredible pass rushing efficiency, and it’s backed up by some fantastic work in the run game where his five-year grade was the third highest of all.

A truly complete player, there hasn’t been another like him over the past five years.

squicken

Giants WR Brandon Collins suspended for 4 games for violating the substance abuse policy.

SMH, cheaters everywhere. Are the Pats the only upright team left? Why can't everyone do what we did and sign Tebow? Blessed be this team.

There are two drug policies that get players suspended. The PED policy and the substance abuse policy. Collins is the latter, meaning it is probably weed

Milchjon

There are two drug policies that get players suspended. The PED policy and the substance abuse policy. Collins is the latter, meaning it is probably weed

Psssh, it's banned, it's cheating. Look at all those stoners and the extra push weed gives them. Seen it with my own eyes!

Collins was having a good camp with the Giants, too. Good praise from the coaches. Likely kill any chance he had to make the roster now.

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN 19m

Giants WR Brandon Collins has a history of issues. Was kicked off U-Texas football team in 2010 after arrest on felony charges.

Colasante

Desmond Bishop signs with the Vikes. Kind of getting sad at this point

What's sad? That seems like a good signing for them. The Vikings passed on drafting Te'o as everyone expected them to do and may have picked up a superior linebacker in the late stages of free agency.

Greg

Yeezus don't care
I loved reading the Kanye topic. Obviously most of the people posting there are megafans and hyperbole is to be expected, but the excuse for everything out of place was either "Kanye just doesn't care/you don't understand" or "he's being experimental"

Tons of terrible lines on that album. It has still grown on me after I got over the shit lyrics.
I can easily tune out poor lyrics, and the album as a whole is pretty good, but the vocals were so isolated in that section and it's too hard to gloss over

cdyhybrid

Don't you have some friends to be murdering right now?

Kanye West has never been a good lyricist. His best work there is just north of average.

Its his compositions and production that are his claim to fame. He knows it too.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I loved reading the Kanye topic. Obviously most of the people posting there are megafans and hyperbole is to be expected, but the excuse for everything out of place was either "Kanye just doesn't care/you don't understand" or "he's being experimental"

I can easily tune out poor lyrics, and the album as a whole is pretty good, but the vocals were so isolated in that section and it's too hard to gloss over

As long as I can bump "blood on the leaves" I'm good for now.

Milchjon

Kanye West has never been a good lyricist. His best work is just north of average.

Its his compositions and production that are his claim to fame. He knows it too.

Sure. But it has never been this distracting for me. I can handle bad lyrics usually, but I've facepalmed about 10 times over the course of my first listen.

Talon

Sure. But it has never been this distracting for me. I can handle bad lyrics usually, but I've facepalmed about 10 times over the course of my first listen.
Dude, the lyrics are no worse than they were in Watch the Throne or Cruel Summer.

Actually, I guess Cruel Summer had at least one track where Kanye spit some good lines with "New God Flow."

Anyways, I'm enjoying this for what it is, but it's a step down from MBDTF, IMO. I realize CD, LR and Graduation 'Ye is no more, but I still miss him.

Milchjon

Dude, the lyrics are no worse than they were in Watch the Throne or Cruel Summer.

Never had a problem with the lyrics on Watch The Throne. Maybe I didn't listen to them as consciously in the beginning as I did with Yeezus.

Sweet n sour sauce. Croissant. Swaghili. Just a constant stream of cringing.

I was complimenting your burn of cdy

Damn Steelers messing with my sense of irony. :-(

Talon

Kanye West switched Ghost Writers, didn't he? Time was Consequence did his stuff.
Never heard that, and I don't really buy it. Those early two records especially were pretty raw and personal.

Consequence had a hilarious falling out in like 2010 or so, if I remembered correctly. "Whatever U Want" was such a garbage song.
Never had a problem with the lyrics on Watch The Throne. Maybe I didn't listen to them as consciously in the beginning as I did with Yeezus.

Sweet n sour sauce. Croissant. Swaghili. Just a constant stream of cringing.
It's not quite Gudda Gudda levels because I don't think Gudda Gudda is capable of writing a coherent sentence.

Never heard that, and I don't really buy it. Those early two records especially were pretty raw and personal.

Consequence had a hilarious falling out in like 2010 or so, if I remembered correctly. "Whatever U Want" was such a garbage song.

Ghost Writers don't write strictly from their lives. The weave together concepts and experiences that originate from the artist.

Desmond Bishop huh?

Might be cool. Im guessing he wont play Mike though. It really seems like Erin has that locked down.

Greenway-Henderson-Bishop is most likely. If Bishop can keep his Hamstring in one piece this could be a solid upgrade for the LB group.

wow what a loser

cool people had bulbasaur
Yo Lunchbox, your avatar is looking a little outdated. Don't worry bro, I got you covered:

tebow.jpg

Greg

Kanye West has never been a good lyricist. His best work there is just north of average.

At this point in his career though, he probably signs off on much more (musically) than he actually produces/writes/arranges himself. The writing and production credits are insane - he's just the name that gets attached so people get paid.

The Giants have reportedly been in contact with Vonta Leach and are courting him.

One part of me wants him on the team. The other doubts the Giants offer more than a year as he's stop gap until Hynoski gets healthy.

I have to wonder how severe the injury is for Hyno though since the team has been silent on it and are not actively going after Leach.

At this point in his career though, he probably signs off on much more (musically) than he actually produces/writes/arranges himself. The writing and production credits are insane - he's just the name that gets attached so people get paid.

Yep.

The writer's credits for Yeezus are ridiculous.

On Sight (Kanye West, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo, Thomas Bangalter, Malik Jones, Che Smith, Elon Rutberg, Cydel Young, Derrick Watkins, Mike Dean & Keith Carter, Sr.)

Black Skinhead (Kanye West, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo, Thomas Bangalter, Malik Jones, Cydel Young, Elon Rutberg, Wasalu Jaco, Sakiya Sandifer, Mike Dean & Derrick Watkins)

I Am A God (feat. God) [Kanye West, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo, Thomas Bangalter, Clifton Bailey, Harvel Hart, Anand Bakshi, Rahul Burman, Ross Birchard, Justin Vernon, Malik Jones, Che Smith, Elon Rutberg, Cydel Young, Mike Dean & Derek Watkins]

New Slaves (Kanye West, Christopher Breaux, Cydell Young, Gabor Presser, Anna Adamis, Ben Bronfman, Malik Jones, Che Smith, Elon Rutberg, Sakiya Sandifer, Louis Johnson & Mike Dean)

Hold My Liquor (Kanye West, Mike Dean, Justin Vernon, Keith Cozart, Elon Rutberg, Che Smith, Malik Jones, Alejandro Ghersi, Cydel Young & Derrick Watkins)

I'm In It (Kanye West, Justin Vernon, Andre Harris, Jill Scott, Vidal Davis, Carvin Haggins, Kenny Lattimore, Jeffrey Campbell, Josh Leary, Malik Jones, Cydel Young, Sakiya Sandifer, Elon Rutberg & Mike Dean)

Blood On The Leaves (Kanye West, Ross Birchard, Lewis Allen, Elon Rutberg, Malik Jones, Tony Williams, Cydel Young & Mike Dean)

Guilt Trip (Kanye West, Scott Mescudi, Keith Elam, Kevin Hansford, Dupre Kelly, Chris Martin, Al Terik Wardrick, Marlon Williams, Terrence Thornton, Tyree Pittman, Cydel Young, Mike Dean & Larry Griffin Jr.)

Send It Up (Kanye West, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo, Thomas Bangalter, Michael Levy, Moses Davis, Colin York, Lowell Dunbar, Louis Johnson, Alejandro Ghersi, Sakiya Sandifer, Ab-Liva, Elon Rutberg & Mike Dean)

Bound 2 (Kanye West, John Stephens, Charlie Wilson, Elon Rutberg, Norman Whiteside, Bobby Massey, Robert Dukes, Che Pope, Cydel Young, Malik Jones, Sakiya Sandifer, Mike Dean & Ronnie Self)

It's a novel.

Colasante

Colts WR LaVon Brazill suspended the first 4 games of the season for violating the substance abuse policy.

Not good for a team that will need every win they can get to unseat the Texans in the AFC South, but I think they'll be fine. Very bad for Brazill though after TY Hilton vastly outperformed him last season.

Greg

Colts WR LaVon Brazill suspended the first 4 games of the season for violating the substance abuse policy.

Not good for a team that will need every win they can get to unseat the Texans in the AFC South, but I think they'll be fine. Very bad for Brazill though after TY Hilton vastly outperformed him last season.
just another misunderstood adderall user...

My god we need football back.
I'll film my next backyard game!

Top Bottom