• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

ChanHuk

Banned
Chan I want some Pho. Can you tell me if any of your sweatshop relatives are open late this evening?

I'm Cambodian bitch, there's tons of 24hr Vietnamese pho shops. I actually like Pho Lu, its open till midnight weekdays and until 3am on the weekends. Its on Westminster Ave and Brookhurst St. Get teh oxtail pho, don't question me.

exarkun

Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert are two sides of the same coin. And JJ Watt flattens coins.

They both suck. Alot. I couldn't imagine what life would be like if either of them were my qb. It would be a sad, pitiful existence.

cdyhybrid

Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert are two sides of the same coin. And JJ Watt flattens coins.

They both suck. Alot. I couldn't imagine what life would be like if either of them were my qb. It would be a sad, pitiful existence.

If Locker weren't playing for one of the worst organizations in the NFL he'd be fine. Besides, you DO have one of them for your QB. Well, one of them without the running ability.

Fantomex

I'm Cambodian bitch, there's tons of 24hr Vietnamese pho shops. I actually like Pho Lu, its open till midnight weekdays and until 3am on the weekends. Its on Westminster Ave and Brookhurst St. Get teh oxtail pho, don't question me.

Thanks, Oxtail? Do I look like Tyrone Biggums?

ChanHuk

Banned
Thanks, Oxtail? Do I look like Tyrone Biggums?

You degenerate, I suppose reading comprehension isn't apart of your mantra, I said don't question me.

l.jpg

Also the dirty poor known as snes wants you to add him to your friends on 3DS.

Fantomex

You degenerate, I suppose reading comprehension isn't apart of your mantra, I said don't question me.

l.jpg

Also the dirty poor known as snes wants you to add him to your friends on 3DS.

That looks delicious and disgusting all at the same time. I know Jamaican cuisine likes to use Oxtail as well. I might have to try it Focker.

ChanHuk

Banned
Fantomex, unlike that Messican roach coach you recommended for those pathetic tacos, you don't need to speak slanteye at Pho Lu. Definitely try the oxtail pho, its not something different like tripe or tendon.

EDIT: In fact, I'll let you buy me a bowl, we can do our videogame exchange there. No eye contact though.

Colasante

jake locker isn't that bad. he has shown flashes here and there but the titans are awful basically from top to bottom

The Titans have loaded up on offense this offseason. Now Locker has Britt, Kendall Wright, and Justin Hunter to throw to, with Chris Johnson running behind Andy Levitre and Chance Warmack. If Locker doesn't show drastic improvement this season, he could be in trouble.

cdyhybrid

The Titans have loaded up on offense this offseason. Now Locker has Britt, Kendall Wright, and Justin Hunter to throw to, with Chris Johnson running behind Andy Levitre and Chance Warmack. If Locker doesn't show drastic improvement this season, he could be in trouble.

He missed multiple games with injury last season, too. Too early to make a judgment on him right now.

squicken

Well good for Sanchez as far as banging hot young chicks. Better than when he and Rex and Rex's wife were doing their thing, earning him the job over Tebow

Am I the only one that constantly forgets that the Titans exist?

They are the most forgettable team in football by a wide margin. I think JAX would also get forgotten w/o all the talk of moving. The AFCS is the division of misfit teams. No historic or geographic rivals. Just a bunch of teams the league threw together. At least the NFCW makes some geographic sense, even if there have never been long term rivalries there

squicken

I'll never forget the Jags because their die-hard fan Gata posts here so much.

They actually are well represented as far as their fans go. They get pretty vocal online when the Jags keep getting talked as a potential relocation candidate. And during the season NFL GAF has a few Jags fans who post regularly.. But as far as the media, what do we ever hear about them besides the relocation stuff?

But at least they have fans. Never really hear anything about Titans fans. Probably smart enough to know to stay away from caring about a team run by Bud Adams

Well good for Sanchez as far as banging hot young chicks. Better than when he and Rex and Rex's wife were doing their thing, earning him the job over Tebow

They are the most forgettable team in football by a wide margin. I think JAX would also get forgotten w/o all the talk of moving. The AFCS is the division of misfit teams. No historic or geographic rivals. Just a bunch of teams the league threw together. At least the NFCW makes some geographic sense, even if there have never been long term rivalries there

rams/niners is a long term rivalry

squicken

rams/niners is a long term rivalry

Yeah I guess it is, though all I remember is Chris Everett and the Rams getting smoked year after year on MNF. It was like TV execs were desperate for SF to have a rivalry, and b/c the Rams beat the 49ers few times in the regular season so that was enough.

There's also that playoff game where Everett started falling down instead of getting hit. It was always a bit unfair, b/c he was getting smashed all game, and it's not like Manning and Brady don't hit the deck when they see a free rusher coming at them

Yeah I guess it is, though all I remember is Chris Everett and the Rams getting smoked year after year on MNF. It was like TV execs were desperate for SF to have a rivalry, and b/c the Rams beat the 49ers few times in the regular season so that was enough.

There's also that playoff game where Everett started falling down instead of getting hit. It was always a bit unfair, b/c he was getting smashed all game, and it's not like Manning and Brady don't hit the deck when they see a free rusher coming at them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3f9y8Nc77Jc#t=1869s

lulz. i'll still give him props for punking jim rome!

Spades

The potential is definitely there, and Hartline is right about Tannehill showing signs of improvement over last year's season. I hope he takes the next step, I really do.

I have faith in Tannehill, but (as Omar says constantly), he has to get an 85+ rating and start winning games in the 4th before we can all start bowing down.

I have faith in Tannehill, but (as Omar says constantly), he has to get an 85+ rating and start winning games in the 4th before we can all start bowing down.

so he has to turn into alex smith circa 2011. good luck!

imagine if the dolphins had landed harbs. too bad for them that harbs is a man of honor and he would not be bullied by that phony Ross!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Good god the last couple pages are full of nothing but whining. I mean, it's nice you guys are so eager to blot out the reaction to Super Bowl XL from memory, but the horse is beaten into a pulp at this point.

Indeed, he's got a lot to prove and he doesn't have the excuses to back him up this year. Improved WR corps, improved TE's, plus more experience at the position, with the coaches, and with the flow and speed of the NFL. The one thing I'm legitimately worried about is the o-line holding up, but as long as they are decent I think Tannehill will be fine.

And, like you said, he's got to be better in the clutch. He had that one solid game winning drive against the Seahawks but other than that he left a decent number of wins on the table that were there for the taking. That was the biggest difference between the Dolphins going 7-9 and a team like the Colts who went 11-5. I'm hoping that's something that comes with time and experience but I also worry that it's just something a player either has or doesn't have.

Top Bottom