• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Via Roto:
Aaron Hernandez - TE - Patriots
Aaron Hernandez was taken out of his house in handcuffs Wednesday morning.
Jun 26 - 8:51 AM
At roughly 8:45 a.m. ET, authorities knocked on Hernandez's door. He answered without a shirt on and looked surprised when told he was being taken into custody. Hernandez was placed in handcuffs and led to a police vehicle. As of now, we don't know exactly what the charge is. Reports from last week stated an arrest warrant had been issued for obstruction of justice. Hernandez allegedly destroyed his cell phone and home security system in the hours following the murder of semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd. Surveillance video showed Hernandez and Lloyd together hours before the murder.
The deed is done.

Bowser

BNr_RwmCIAI72w6.jpg:large

lol wtf, yeah the shirt totally hides the cuffs bro

squicken

Wow. The ultimate insult to Milchjon and Dutch. To sully the sanctity of shirtless

edit: If Hernandez is arraigned for having an active role in the murder of Lloyd, even if he posts bail and has a trial set for 2014, do Pats fans want him on the team in 2013?

Dosia

Wow. The ultimate insult to Milchjon and Dutch. To sully the sanctity of shirtless

edit: If Hernandez is arraigned for having an active role in the murder of Lloyd, even if he posts bail and has a trial set for 2014, do Pats fans want him on the team in 2013?

No and Goodell wouldnt let him play anyways.

squicken

The Pats released Hernandez

edit: beaten, but HOLY SHIT. What a past couple of days as far as drama on the internet. This move by NE won't even make a dent in the news cycle

bionic77

Can't wait until it comes out that Tammy helped hide the body
I hate Tammy but even I can't imagine that she would get her hands dirty in something like this. Plus physical labor? Forget about it.

If anyone from the team is involved it would be Gronk (not because he is a bad guy, just just out of sheer retardation0 and more likely Bill. No one would be surprised if Bill ordered the hit.

TheFatOne

Not surprised Pats cut him. The media circus with him and Tebow would have been insane. I don't want to sound like an asshole, but the Pats definitely fucked up not signing Lloyd now.

BigAT

Holy shit. Stunned that they released him this quickly.

I don't want to read too much into it, but you have to think this means the Pats have decent knowledge about his guilt/involvement.

Colasante

Not surprised Pats cut him. The media circus with him and Tebow would have been insane. I don't want to sound like an asshole, but the Pats definitely fucked up not signing Lloyd now.

They're trying to rebuild their locker room again. Adding a malcontent like Lloyd would be counterintuitive at this point. Maybe Mike Jenkins can provide 70% of Lloyd's offense, and probably a bit more after the catch.

effzee

Deep in your heart you do.

First time in Europe?

Nope. But only 2nd time. Was in Paris and Rome last August.

Tallying up the totals and holy shit this trip is costing me.

HOLY SHIT ARRESTED AND RELEASED BY THE PATS?

FUCK thats huge. Say good by to your career and life. Fucking moron. Just yesterday his lawyer was spouting off about how unfairly and in accurately his client has been treated by the media. Even Ray Lewis would shake his head at this.

squicken

You know what, great respect for Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick. First, they bring in Tebow, knowing there is a rot at their core. Now they dump Hernandez. Pats fans can hold their heads high today. No more will I root against your team.

Also, brilliant work by Mass State Police and the Patriots doing this on a day when the media won't bug them. Almost like they were coordinating it with each other

eznark

Banned
Kind of surprised they cut him to be honest. I thought they'd at least wait until he had been arrested. (has he been arrested?)

Dragon

Banned
Hernandez will get a shot after he gets out of jail in 2017. On the Raiders or something.

In the meantime? Fuck you Hernandez, you ruined your life and took the wrong advice. Regardless of your involvement, the fact you were involved at all when you have a one year old son shows how fucking incredibly wrong your priorities are. Perhaps in prison you'll have time to reflect on that.

Another Belichick draft bust.

So how much dead money is that for the Pats?

Sorry the Pats aren't the Steelers where they release people for smoking pot but not for raping co-eds.

TheFatOne

They're trying to rebuild their locker room again. Adding a malcontent like Lloyd would be counterintuitive at this point. Maybe Mike Jenkins can provide 70% of Lloyd's offense, and probably a bit more after the catch.

I'm sure he was probably difficult to deal with considering his past, I don't trust the Pats. Every time shit goes sour with a player suddenly they were a malcontent the entire time, and only when they are released we hear about it.
Hernandez is a fucking idiot.

Isn't he still available?

I believe he is still available.
You know what, great respect for Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick. First, they bring in Tebow, knowing there is a rot at their core. Now they dump Hernandez. Pats fans can hold their heads high today. No more will I root against your team.

Also, brilliant work by Mass State Police and the Patriots doing this on a day when the media won't bug them. Almost like they were coordinating it with each other

There is probably some truth to what I bolded, but I'm not sure who it would be. Obviously Hernandez right now not sure who else.Why won't the media bug them today? Did I miss some big news story?
Kind of surprised they cut him to be honest. I thought they'd at least wait until he had been arrested. (has he been arrested?)

Belichick hates the media. Imaging Tebow + this Hernandez stuff. Makes sense from the Pats perspective. They have to deal with this, Tebow, the Gronk situation, and anything else that would come up.

squicken

I'm sure he was probably difficult to deal with considering his past, I don't trust the Pats. Every time shit goes sour with a player suddenly they were a malcontent the entire time, and only when they are released we hear about it.

I believe he is still available.

There is probably some truth to what I bolded, but I'm not sure who it would be. Obviously Hernandez right now not sure who else.Why won't the media bug them today? Did I miss some big news story?

gay marriage stuff today. voting rights changes yesterday. abortion stuff in texas. i'm surprised twitter hasn't died

TheFatOne

Yeah. that stuff is going to dominate the sports world. Good call.

I think he is just talking about national attention.
gay marriage stuff today. voting rights changes yesterday. abortion stuff in texas. i'm surprised twitter hasn't died

I knew the abortion stuff in Texas, but I didn't know about the gay marriage stuff, and voting rights.I have been out of the loop the last week or so.
Tebow will still save the Patriots.

Also I wonder why the Patriots decided to cut Hernandez now? Maybe he has diabetes or something.

Media distraction is what I'm going with. I'm also guessing that they know he is going o be charged with murder so they are trying to stay away from that.

BigAT

What an idiot Hernandez is. Regardless of what his involvement was, to be even remotely tied to it and risk his $40 million extension is ridiculous.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Colin is making some good points about the parity with NBA and NFL arrests. NBA is considered the "thug" league but have WAY less arrests and stuff like this happening. NFL doesn't get a free pass.

eznark

Banned
Colin is making some good points about the parity with NBA and NFL arrests. NBA is considered the "thug" league but have WAY less arrests and stuff like this happening. NFL doesn't get a free pass.

Way less as a percentage or as a raw number? I mean obviously they have fewer arrests, there are like 1/20th of the players in the league.

Top Bottom