• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

I don't know him at all. I assumed he was a niners fan but now he has stabbed me in the back if he is supporting murderers. Ill give him some credit for supporting the only female QB in NFL history but that is all

$10 says that female quarterback is better than any QB your favorite team has ever had (unless you're a Colts fan, in which case you have an argument).

And I'm not even that big of a Patriots fan. Bears/Broncos are my shit, but I just love how everyone's buttholes leak gasoline at the drop of the Patriot name. Probably stems from jealousy over the team's consistent success and it's almost always masked by "spygate doe" or asinine "Tom Brady's a pussy!" type of shiz.

$10 says that female quarterback is better than any QB your favorite team has ever had (unless you're a Colts fan, in which case you have an argument).

And I'm not even that big of a Patriots fan. Bears/Broncos are my shit, but I just love how everyone's buttholes leak gasoline at the drop of the Patriot name. Probably stems from jealousy over the team's consistent success and it's almost always masked by "spygate doe" or asinine "Tom Brady's a pussy!" type of shiz.
"Consistent" success*.

Dragon

Banned
It's taking me forever to play through that game but I'm loving what I've seen so far (52% in I think). As of right now I'd say it's the only big, AAA, super hyped game this year that's lived up to the hype for me. I enjoyed some of the others like Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider but not as much as I was hoping to.

The Last of Us has some surprisingly fun multiplayer as well, have you given that a shot? My only problem is a really need some people to play with because it's very team-based which makes playing as a lone wolf super challenging.

I'm playing the multiplayer with my friend tomorrow night. Probably around 7 PM if you want to jump on, let me know. Haven't played it yet, but giantbomb made it seem like it's pretty cool.

Also:

1000689_10151682993667372_1610088997_n.jpg

The criminal Patriots are over the edge. Now they're car-jacking world champs at gunpoint.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/baltimore-ravens-bernard-pierce-carjacked-at-gunpoint-062513

Ravens running back Bernard Pierce was carjacked and robbed at gunpoint over the weekend, according to a report from CBS 3 in Philadelphia.

Sources told CBS 3 that Pierce was robbed in Philadelphia on Sunday night. Those sources said a car with two men pulled beside Pierce’s vehicle, and an armed man jumped out and approached Pierce’s car while the other remained behind the wheel.

"Armed man" is obviously code for Vince Wilfork while "accomplice" clearly points to Logan Mankins. Scumbag organization, they need to start employing model citizens like the AFC North does.

Who has had more success, Dolphins or Patriots?

If you want to get historical, the Pats have, but its not like its a bloodbath.

SBs:
Dolphins: 2
Patriots:3

AFC Championships:
Dolphins: 5
Pats: 7

Division Titles:
Dolphins:13
Patriots:15

Playoff Appearances:
Dolphins:22
Patriots:19

Contrary to popular belief in Pats fan land, they did actually play football prior to 2001, and Dolphins were once a premier franchise.

Why thank you.

I'd say the Dolphins have had more success, although the Pats are probably the more successful* of the two.

2 Super Bowls for the Phins (haven't been there since getting stomped by the Niners in 84) against 3 for the Pats. 3 playoff appearances for the Phins since 2000. 10 for the Pats.

asteriskasteriskderpasteriskasterisk

Contrary to popular belief in Pats fan land, they did actually play football prior to 2001, and Dolphins were once a premier franchise.

20 playoff appearances if you count the AFL season.

When you go online, you primarily interact with young individuals who grew up with the 2000- Patriots, so you shouldn't be surprised that most of the Patriots fans you encounter cite those seasons as indicators of greatness. I'd rather my favorite team be great now and decent-to-bad previously than great before and bad-to-decent now...

SBs:
Dolphins: 2
Patriots:3

AFC Championships:
Dolphins: 5
Pats: 7

Division Titles:
Dolphins:13
Patriots:15

Playoff Appearances:
Dolphins:22
Patriots:19

What happened to the Phins after 2001? Did they forget to keep playing football?

Barry Bonds hit a lot of home runs.

lol Could you be more salty? At the end of the day, the players still have to step on the field and play. You could have all the advance scouting in the world but if you don't have the talent, you aren't going to win. Spygate gave them an unfair advantage, but they still had to execute. Taping a team's signals happens on game film, too, so instead of doing process of elimination techniques to figure out which calls were real, they got em straight up. Hell, they probably still had to do that because teams practice both fake and real signals in practice anyway.

I love how every time I come into this thread it's you bitching about a better team (the Pats) being better (even after spygate) or about how your Dolphins have been practically irrelevant for almost 15 years.

Barry Bonds hit a lot of home runs.

I'm in a giving mood today

9VGF1St.png

Good night my friends.

"b-b-b-but we were really good twenty years ago!" ~ Miami

bionic77

Niners had Joe Montana, Steve Young, Alex Smith and Jgar. FMT assured they all have a penis (something Tammy can't say) and none of them was ever caught cheating!

Pay FMT his 10 dollars you disgusting scumbag.

Niners had Joe Montana, Steve Young, Alex Smith and Jgar. FMT assured they all have a penis (something Tammy can't say) and none of them was ever caught cheating!

Pay FMT his 10 dollars you disgusting scumbag.

Brady > Montana >>>> Young >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garcia >> Smith

My lone $10 bill stays in its place!

edit: actually Montana was dirty and the pre-Brady/Manning GOAT so I adjusted this accordingly

Milchjon

I was about to say, because I remember the pats went 18-1 that year. You remember that, don't you Milchjon?

Look at chart Michael. Who cares about anything else.

lol Could you be more salty? At the end of the day, the players still have to step on the field and play. You could have all the advance scouting in the world but if you don't have the talent, you aren't going to win. Spygate gave them an unfair advantage, but they still had to execute. Taping a team's signals happens on game film, too, so instead of doing process of elimination techniques to figure out which calls were real, they got em straight up. Hell, they probably still had to do that because teams practice both fake and real signals in practice anyway.

I love how every time I come into this thread it's you bitching about a better team (the Pats) being better (even after spygate) or about how your Dolphins have been practically irrelevant for almost 15 years.

Darkest Red is good people. In fact, none of the Dolphins fans in here are really bad.

Edit: Dammit! I won't say another good word about you!

bionic77

Brady > Montana >>>> Young >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garcia >> Smith

My lone $10 bill stays in its place!

edit: actually Montana was dirty and the pre-Brady/Manning GOAT so I adjusted this accordingly
Brady got schooled by Sanchez at home in the playoffs without the aid of video cameras. That alone puts him in the conversation of worst qb of all time discussion.

You can't even diss small hands like that.

Look at chart Michael. Who cares about anything else.

Darkest Red is good people. In fact, none of the Dolphins fans in here are really bad.

I know he is and no they aren't, but it doesn't change the fact that it's the same thing from him every time I come in here. I should post more so that I don't have to deal with people who don't recognize me saying "IF UR A PATS FAN FUK U BANNED" and having to subsequently stick up for one of the greatest quarterbacks and coaches of all time. That's what got me into this both times.

Brady got schooled by Sanchez at home in the playoffs without the aid of video cameras. That alone puts him in the conversation of worst qb of all time discussion.

You can't even diss small hands like that.

lol but did Brady ever

sanchizefumble.gif

Hmm... You raise an interesting point.

Just let me be stupid in peace, goodness.

Fine, I retire. :)

Milchjon

I know he is and no they aren't, but it doesn't change the fact that it's the same thing from him every time I come in here. I should post more so that I don't have to deal with people who don't recognize me saying "IF UR A PATS FAN FUK U BANNED" and having to subsequently stick up for one of the greatest quarterbacks and coaches of all time. That's what got me into this both times.

I appreciate your efforts :-D

Okay, I have to stop. Even I can't stand myself when I get this annoying. The Dolphins have sucked for the last decade plus, I say it all the time, what more do you people want from me?

bionic77

lol but did Brady ever

sanchizefumble.gif

Fine, I retire. :)
You are making my argument for me! Tammy lost to buttfumble at home! That's more embarrassing than getting shut down in the NBA Finals by a French man so fat that he had titties!

Gator Ben lost to Garrard but in doing so engineered the largest playoff 4th quarter comeback in history. We only lost because our defense's weakness was the 5 minute qb draw. The play was run so slowly that it hypnotized our defense.

Just for the record, Thug Waffle, read this post I made less than a week ago:

I agree. People are overreacting but anyone who is familiar with the Pats knows that if there is one thing Belichick is good at it's using the players available to him to win consistently (especially in the regular season).

Also, I don't care what happens in the offseason, until the Pats actually go out and start losing a bunch of games they are the undisputed class of the AFC East. Winning in the offseason (go Dolphins, dream team 2013 baby!) means little to nothing once the start of the season rolls around, and the same can be said about losing in the offseason, especially when you're a team that has consistently dominated your division for the past decade or so like the Pats.

My prediction as of right now is 10 wins for the Pats and another AFC East title. I don't see them winning more than 11 games but I do see them winning a minimum of 9. Anything less than that requires way too much history-defying speculation.
I stick up for the Pats more than some Pats fans do. I recognize that they are a good team and have been for the past decade plus. I was just messing with you. :p

And Milch, just like Dutch you aren't supposed to read when I talk bad about the Pats!

Top Bottom