• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Irrelevance is worse than being hated.
Oohh :"/
Stickman_Okay_Sad_Face.jpg

Bread

Banned
Pats are stupid for releasing him, he's innocent! The only thing he's guilty of is smoking a little ganja and having some criminal friends who include him in their murdering and have him shoot the guy sometimes even though he has a lot to lose and probably shouldn't do anything to get in trouble because his life right now is pretty cool.

Get it through your thick skulls, NFL-Gaf.

Hunter S.

Pats are stupid for releasing him, he's innocent! The only thing he's guilty of is smoking a little ganja and having some criminal friends who include him in their murdering and have him shoot the guy sometimes even though he has a lot to lose and probably shouldn't do anything to get in trouble because his life right now is pretty cool.

Get it through your thick skulls, NFL-Gaf.
I cannot tell if you are serious with these posts about MJ. His fiance's sister was dating the guy murdered. That in no way suggests a marijuana connection at all. He very well might hardly ever smoke marijuana and still test positive for it because the drug remains in fat cells long after it has been smoked . longer then almost any other drug.

Bread

Banned
Patriots aren't building a stout defense. They're building one to slow down running offenses.
No they are definitely building a balanced defense, they got their pass rushers the past 2 drafts and their secondary is looking much better. They really shouldn't be a push over like last year. Lots of young talent in the secondary.

TheFatOne

Patriots aren't building a stout defense. They're building one to slow down running offenses.

Yup. Defense is stuck in the past. I love Jones, but for the most part everyone else around him(except big Vince of course) is mediocre to bad. I love Spikes, but he can't cover anyone.
They cant be any worse than the last few years.

And this is were you are wrong. They can be worse actually much worse. Pats are going to be playing much closer games, and the offense isn't going to be putting pressure on the other teams like they used to.
No they are definitely building a balanced defense, they got their pass rushers the past 2 drafts and their secondary is looking much better. They really shouldn't be a push over like last year. Lots of young talent in the secondary.

No look at their linebackers. None of them can cover anyone. They are a run stopping team that can occasionally get at the QB.

squicken

I'm still stunned they cut him, though I guess I shouldn't be. The NFL is ever media conscious. "Former Patriots player Aaaron Hernandez arraigned" is a lot better than "Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez arraigned"

Now I have to hold my breath that Fisher doesn't claim him off of waivers. I'm only sort of joking

Colasante

No look at their linebackers. None of them can cover anyone. They are a run stopping team that can occasionally get at the QB.

The additions the Patriots have made this offseason, like Armstead, Kelly, and Adrian Wilson, all suggest an added emphasis on covering the pass over stopping the run. I also think Jamie Collins can become the coverage linebacker they need, as well as Wilson, and Dane Fletcher was decent in coverage in 2011.

It will require a lot of "If" scenarios to unfold, but if Talib can stay healthy and if the Patriots can find a decent third pass rusher behind Jones and Ninkovich (possibly Francis taking the next step or Michael Buchanan), then I think the defense has the opportunity to be much improved. Unless a rash of injuries occur, I think it's very unlikely that the defense will be worse than the 2010-2012 stretch. That being said, your point about the defense no longer benefitting from the offense putting them in blowout situations is spot on. Close games will test them considerably more.

squicken

Aaron Schatz ‏@FO_ASchatz
Also: "Can Patriots win AFC E without Hernandez" is very different from "could Pats win NFC W or NFC S without Hernandez"

Good point. Still 4 free wins no matter how much their offense suffers. We'll see about MIA

Colasante

According to Adam Schefter, "By releasing Aaron Hernandez today, Patriots have waived all rights to recoup bonus money or salary through the CBA."

Stupid Patriots, putting their values ahead of their financial benefit.

Vyroxis

Banned
Hernandez arrested, amd a browns rookie is in deep shit also. An interesting day for the off season.

Alao, pre-ordered my PS4 BF bundle along with Maddened 25. So fucking stoked.

Bread

Banned
According to Adam Schefter, "By releasing Aaron Hernandez today, Patriots have waived all rights to recoup bonus money or salary through the CBA."

Stupid Patriots, putting their values ahead of their financial benefit.
wtf, what a dumb idea. i hoped that they could pick up a couple of veterans with the money aaron would have made.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Lmao, there was really a guy literally selling at Browns practice?

Goddamn, these players just can't leave the hood alone can they?

That's because the Browns are stuck in the past. They need to take lessons from the new breed of PAC coaches, i.e. Pete, Kelly, Harbs, and distribute their drugs in the locker room.

Fantomex

Also: "Can Patriots win AFC E without Hernandez" is very different from "could Pats win NFC W or NFC S without Hernandez"

Good point. Still 4 free wins no matter how much their offense suffers. We'll see about MIA

We're winning at least one against the Pats this year.

Hunter S.

Their only really tough games are against the other AFC division winners and Atlanta. I think they still will take this pretty easily. Worse scenario to me is 6 loses with that schedule for the Pats still.

exarkun

I still can't believe he (or his friends) are stupid enough to throw the body away a mile away.

And the charges have to be more than obstruction, since if it was only obstruction, Im sure if he sold out his loser-bro friend he would have gotten some nice deal. Maybe hes a dumbass and wont see out his friend, or maybe he was actually there cheering the dudes on.

Either way, wat a dumbass.

Tom Penny

Jets are Bills are much improved and should surprise the league.

Top Bottom