• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

MechDX

They'll get at least 100 new members if it happened. Then we would have to create a seperate thread titled "Browns Offseason Thread."

Squicken: I have known for years the Browns were up and coming!

You don't have it in you. Can't override your genetics...

Texans vs Niners. It must happen! I would be the most gracious person in this thread and be happy we are there. Im sure FMT would share my gratitude of just having the chance to be there again in his case.

Godslay

Banned
Texans vs Hawks. It must happen!

Niners had their shot. Besides don't you want to see this on the world stage?

image.php

Tabris

who the fuck are you?

PART 1:

Dude, I don't mean to be that guy, but would you mind explaining to me how it came about that you consider yourself a fan of two teams?

I may have a pretty rigid concept of fandom, one tenet being that as a fan your loyalty is reserved for just one team. Granted, I'm a firm believer in monogamy and shit like that.

I started watching football 9 years ago (don't blame me for this, I'm Canadian, it doesn't come naturally to watch football).

I was memorized by one man, this guy (isn't he dreamy?)...

peyton_manning_biography_3.jpg

and I decided that's my team... and thus a hate began for this guy (isn't he ugly) as he was trying to bring dreamy Peyton down...

tom-brady-crying.jpg

When I found out there was a brother and he was championing this amazing beat the shit out of you hard nosed team and that he was on a collision course with the enemy for Superbowl, this team became my second team (even though no one else I knew believed in them):

eli-manning-super-bowl-xlii.jpg

And I was set on my teams. But as I started to watch football more and more (Sunday ticket, every game), in 2009-2010, I started watching this amazing team that beat the shit out of you more than that 07-08 Giants and they fascinated me, so I made a pact with Ray Lewis that I would cheer them on as long as they didn't play my Giants or Colts:

ray-lewis-getty-story.jpg

PART 2:

But then I posted on NFL GAF and they told me I could have only one team, so I had to get rid of Sexy Ray Lewis and picked Team Manning!

So when this evil guy discarded Peyton Manning like his career was over:

AP050820020936-341x300.jpg

I knew my times with the Colts had come to an end, and I had to move on with Peyton. We were looking to greener pastures, up in the mountains, where the wild horses run. So began Peyton and my new era with this man:

John-Elway-9286984-1-402.jpg

But life is cruel and ironic, and that same year, Sexy Ray Lewis, decided to retire, and with god on his side, dispatched the Denver Broncos to win the Superbowl.

Now it's a new year, and it's time for the MANNING BOWL!

manningsx-large.jpg

MechDX

Niners had their shot. Besides don't you want to see this on the world stage?

image.php

I would be so torn. :(

We should just combine teams and dominate for a few years. The Denver Texans would just decimate the rest of the league. Schuab can be Peytons man servant. The connection is already there with Kubiak and Rick Smith.

Godslay

Banned
The life and times of Tabris...

iZDGG6cyOsBqD.gif

I would be so torn. :(

We should just combine teams and dominate for a few years. The Denver Texans would just decimate the rest of the league. Schuab can be Peytons man servant. The connection is already there with Kubiak and Rick Smith.

I would be good with this. I get Kubiak back, and you get a QB. It will all work out...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Can't you arrange for Snes to get pardoned? It's time for him to come back.
This is like asking the ghost of Bill Walsh to give Alex Smith another chance. Sorry.

Edit: Actually this is a horrible analogy but it's what I thought of after realizing that the Patriots don't exist to me before Belichick/Brady. One thing that IS doable is banning a user from specific forums. It's not usually done though, because it's not handled by the forum software and there have been complications that arose from "why can I post here but not there?" when it has been used.

Fantomex

Kluwe was on the radio and I guess he lives a couple of miles from me here in Cali. If I see him I'm gonna question his marginalizing of neogaf users and equal rights. Gonna switch it on em'

Godslay

Banned
Doesn't ring a bell...

Broncos bandwagon is starting early this year. Bandwagon jumpers couldn't even remember there was a draft. See ya in September.

He was here all last year...

Plus there haven't been any new Broncos posters that weren't here last year that I'm aware of.

I like Tabris though. I guess I don't really understand the hate. Guy was pretty passionate about the Broncos and Manning, posted every week. He's not a bad dude in my book.

Well sorry to blow you're cover mastershake!

To be fair, you like everyone!

Edit---

*brofist* Ellforkusu

squicken

I like Tabris though. I guess I don't really understand the hate. Guy was pretty passionate about the Broncos and Manning, posted every week. He's not a bad dude in my book.

^Well sorry to blow your cover mastershake!

I like Tabris as well. There's maybe like 3 people who have ever posted in this thread that I didn't like, and they are all banned now

jakncoke

Banned
Maybe so... although Dragon used to get under my skin. As did Ari. Dragon is good though. Reasonable guy. Ari well, he hasn't been around much, so the hate has died down.

*your not you're lol.

He'll be back May 21.. well on the gaming side that is

Fantomex

Maybe so... although Dragon used to get under my skin. As did Ari. Dragon is good though. Reasonable guy. Ari well, he hasn't been around much, so the hate has died down.

*your not you're lol.

Dude the only people on my ignore lists have borderline nsfw avatars and I can't be having that at work. Dragon is a master troll, so is Lunchbox. I love those dudes now that I know them for what they are.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

*your not you're lol.

I never thought that Dragon was that bad except for the banning of poor Newton Crosby :(

Ari will be back.... At least LJ11 is posting again!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave_Man 5 years ago: I have known for years the Browns were up and coming!

Fixed.

^Well sorry to blow your cover mastershake!

I see Tabris has given up on the Canucks and has come over here.

Tabris in small doses like he is over here is fine, if you actually see him post in the NHL thread you'd understand why people can't stand him. Long story short he's a character and just plays up his love of his teams to a ridiculous degree to piss people off.

He has been on record saying he comes into the NHL thread and says ridiculous shit just to cause a ruckus because he knows he can piss people off. Then doesn't understand why people don't take him seriously and just tell him off all the time.

So there you go.

Godslay

Banned
I like Tabris as well. There's maybe like 3 people who have ever posted in this thread that I didn't like, and they are all banned now

Well then I guess that makes us friends!

I never thought that Dragon was that bad except for the banning of poor Newton Crosby :(

Ari will be back.... At least LJ11 is posting again!

I just didn't understand him at first I guess. He's a good guy, even if he did get Snewton banned again.

Yeah, I could see it could be irritating if it was not your team and he came in blasting like he does every now and again.

Fantomex

I remember I trolled here a couple of times. I think I got Dutch and Gator all riled up last year. I think Dutch told me to go die :jnc I know i got a couple of Nintendo Knights riled up too, but I did it because I wanted to see if SNES would come out. But trolling is not even that entertaining. I'd rather be honest and just clown on the Jets with everyone else.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't know a lot about the NHL but apparently there were only six teams for a few decades!

And the Leafs haven't won anything since!

Must be a problem of too many teams.

Do you guys take anything serious before 1967?

Top Bottom