• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Good lord, I was trying to find the Blues/Kings hockey game and after an exhaustive search found it on some obscure, irrelevant NBC-derivative channel.

This is the real life equivalent of being banished to community.

bionic77

That Bulls win made me so happy. I wish the Lakers had one player other then Kobe that had half of Noah's heart. I hope Dwight leaves...

That Bulls win made me so happy. I wish the Lakers had one player other then Kobe that had half of Noah's heart. I hope Dwight leaves...

D.Rose needs to stop Cutlering and get his ass out there. His team needs him. His city needs him. His country needs him.

cdyhybrid

Nate the Great!

wdDEcu6.jpg

Tabris

Matt Schaub looked good last year in part due to Andre Johnson. He had a killer return year. You would have to be an Arizona QB to not look good with a WR like that.

bionic77

D.Rose needs to stop Cutlering and get his ass out there. His team needs him. His city needs him. His country needs him.
Don't ever compare Rose to Cutler!

Besides Bulls are doing the right thing in making him wait. Pushing through injuries just leads to more injuries.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Besides Bulls are doing the right thing in making him wait. Pushing through injuries just leads to more injuries.

I don't care if Jordan, Pippen, Horace Grant, Rodman, Kukoc, or Paxon has to come out on that court, the Bulls have to win this series!

If he were an older player, I'd agree. But he's something like 24, isn't he? Get out there, youngin!

Some things are worth risking a kneexplosion, and beating the mWo is one of those things.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

I thought you were a fan of Kobe. Kobe may be a lot of things, but that dude would be on the court. Shit, I think Bryant may play a meaningful game again before Rose does.

cdyhybrid

How would Seattle react if the Thunder did win the finals?

Probably burning David Stern, Howard Schultz, and Clay Bennett in effigy. If we had a team here by then it would probably just be minor grumbling. If Stern keeps giving our potential ownership group the shaft it would be bad. Luckily the Heat will keep them from winning for the foreseeable future.

squicken

Don't follow basketball closely, but it does seem Rose is losing a bit of goodwill with the Chicago fans. Tough spot for him, but if he feels like he can't play then he shouldn't play

Don't follow basketball closely, but it does seem Rose is losing a bit of goodwill with the Chicago fans. Tough spot for him, but if he feels like he can't play then he shouldn't play

I dont blame him. You dont come back from an ACL until you're ready.

I mean, if you are AD then you come back after like 8 months and be the best player in the league but thats not everyone.

The only time Greg has been legit pissed at me is after I talked shit about LeBron.

Tread lightly, folks, or else he'll turn into this Greg:

cHuSZUT.jpg

I humbly submit that they rename Charlie Horses "Cunty Horses".

I know a couple of Charlies. They're cool as fuck.

Don't know a single cunt I like.

bionic77

I thought you were a fan of Kobe. Kobe may be a lot of things, but that dude would be on the court. Shit, I think Bryant may play a meaningful game again before Rose does.
I love Bean.

And Rose is short. He relies entirely in his athleticism. Even if he can play with no pain unless he can jump over buildings and change directions like he used to he won't be very good. I am guessing he won't be full strength until like December. At this point he might hurt the team more than help it.

he New York Giants are always looking to see what they can unearth in the free agent market.

A source confirms the Giants will bring linebacker Aaron Curry in for a visit on Thursday, as first reported by the New York Daily News.

The fourth overall pick in the 2009 draft has not played since being waived by the Raiders in November of 2012. He was limited to two games with the Raiders last season due to knee issues. He's played in a total of 18 games over the last three seasons for the Raiders and Seahawks.

The Giants are always in the market for finding a quality player be it one who is coming back from injury or one who has run out of options on the free-agent market and will sign on the cheap. In this case, the Giants can use another body at linebacker and if Curry shows anything in the workout, what do they have to lose?

The Giants did not draft a linebacker last month but could add another veteran in free agency before training camp.
Don't remember him much. Scouting anyone?

Who isn't rooting for the Thunder? Great group of players, great fans, and a great town.
I like the Thunder but I like Memphis more. How much do you hear about Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph, and Mike Conley? Those guys really play as a team and it's fun to watch, but I don't think they have the talent to go the distance (especially after losing Rudy Gay).

Striker

Curry was drafted early by Seattle and called out as a very safe pick. I'm not entirely sure what happened early on (injuries, fitting into the scheme, performing well enough to start, etc), but he was eventually traded to the Raiders for pretty cheap. Let go pretty early in that venture.

If he's signed he'll be there for a camp battle. With how little depth they have currently at LB, they'll probably sign another veteran FA or so to improve that competition.

Is Daryl Smith still a FA? I always liked him for some reason. I'm not ecstatic to start Spencer Paysinger or betting on Keith Rivers to stay healthy.

Don't remember him much. Scouting anyone?
Posted it a bit earlier:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57018032&postcount=1953

Curry sucked and I don't see us getting much out of him he does sign but it shows the gaping hole we have at inside linebacker right now that they're even bothering to look at him.

Mara was on NFL AM this morning. A few quotes from twitter:

Art Stapleton & #8207;@art_stapleton 4m
John Mara tells NFL AM re: Victor Cruz: "I'm pretty confident that we'll end up reaching a deal." Calls negotiations "slow" & "steady" #nyg

Art Stapleton & #8207;@art_stapleton 1m
John Mara: "Victor is a star" and reiterates his feeling that "this is the right place" for Cruz #nyg

More John Mara: He tells @NFL_AM of Ryan Nassib: 'We were shocked he was still there' on Day 3; says it's time to groom someone behind Eli.

Art Stapleton & #8207;@art_stapleton 38s
John Mara on David Wilson: "We expect big things" & "now is the time" for 22 to show what he can do #nyg

Coach Rob Chudzinski confirmed that Jordan Cameron "fits" his scheme's needs at the tight end position.
The Cameron hype train is barreling downhill and no one can stop it. "This is an offense that has featured tight ends and tight ends have always been a big part of it," Chudzinski said. "He has the skill set that fits." Chud's fingerprints are all over the career years of Kellen Winslow Jr., Antonio Gates and Greg Olsen. Offensive coordinator Norv Turner has guided the likes of Jay Novacek, Vernon Davis and Gates. And tight ends coach Jon Embree worked with Tony Gonzalez, Chris Cooley and Fred Davis. Cameron, the clear-cut No. 1 tight end, has a monster opportunity in front of him.
The hype train really has started turning, I wonder if it'll work out. He's got the tools, let's just see if he can stay healthy and productive.

Draxal

Curry was drafted early by Seattle and called out as a very safe pick. I'm not entirely sure what happened early on (injuries, fitting into the scheme, performing well enough to start, etc), but he was eventually traded to the Raiders for pretty cheap. Let go pretty early in that venture.

If he's signed he'll be there for a camp battle. With how little depth they have currently at LB, they'll probably sign another veteran FA or so to improve that competition.

Is Daryl Smith still a FA? I always liked him for some reason. I'm not ecstatic to start Spencer Paysinger or betting on Keith Rivers to stay healthy.

Wasn't curry one of those great athletes, but isn't a football player types?

Who isn't rooting for the Thunder? Great group of players, great fans, and a great town.

Um what? Pretty much anybody with a sane brain, after Seattle fans truly got skullfucked in this situation.

Top Bottom