• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I don't know a lot about the NHL but apparently there were only six teams for a few decades!

And the Leafs haven't won anything since!

Must be a problem of too many teams.

Do you guys take anything serious before 1967?

Gimme your address, I'm bout to kick your ass.

Giants are taking a look at Linebacker bust Aaron Curry:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2013/05/in-search-of-lbs-giants-to-look-at-aaron-curry

Aaron Curry, the fourth-overall pick in the 2009 draft, is planning to make a free agent visit to the Giants on Thursday, the Daily News has learned. The 6-2, 255-pound linebacker hasn’t played since he was cut by the Oakland Raiders last November in part due to chronic knee problems that helped derail his career.

But he's been working out and feels healthy, a source said, and has drawn the interest of several NFL teams. The Giants will get the first look at him, beginning when Curry arrives in New Jersey on Wednesday night.

squicken

Why troll kave? One of the nicest guys here.

Not that there are any Chiefs fans here, but they are working on a long term extension for Albert. How does that make sense? They used the #1 overall pick to play right tackle for 3 years? Dumb

Fantomex

Not that there are any Chiefs fans here, but they are working on a long term extension for Albert. How does that make sense? They used the #1 overall pick to play right tackle for 3 years? Dumb

Chefs make no sense whatsoever. Pioliagic still at work.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

It's this avatar combined with my terrible choice of teams combined with how well I take how shitty these teams are.

I'm an easy target.

I am a drunk sorority chick hanging around the bathroom stall and everyone else is Big Ben, licking their lips as they are ready to pounce. :(

squicken

It's this avatar combined with my terrible choice of teams combined with how well I take how shitty these teams are.

I'm an easy target.

I am a drunk sorority chick hanging around the bathroom stall and everyone else is Big Ben, licking their lips as they are ready to pounce. :(

In a few years (assuming Haslam doesn't have to sell the team and the rebuilding process start over again) the Browns will own the AFCN and you'll be the one laughing.

In a few years (assuming Haslam doesn't have to sell the team and the rebuilding process start over again) the Browns will own the AFCN and you'll be the one laughing.
I'm already laughing. Can't wait to get a look at our defense. Seasons pretty much on Weeden I think, but no matter how he does I see the Browns drafting a Qb relatively high next year. And there's alot of guys that interest me that might be coming out.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm already laughing. Can't wait to get a look at our defense. Seasons pretty much on Weeden I think, but no matter how he does I see the Browns drafting a Qb relatively high next year. And there's alot of guys that interest me that might be coming out.

We've all been saying that bro! You let your hatred of your elders cloud your judgement.

Weeden is the stop gap for this season and possibly next as we groom our true next youthier QB.

effzee

iron man 3 pretty much sucked dick. i say pretty much because the first half of the movie was good, and then it all turns to shit. then of course in the iron man 3 thread you have people saying "ZOMG I LOVED IT! SHANE BLACK DONT HAVE TO TAKE NO SUPERHERO MOVIE SERIOUSLY WHAT A GENIUS!"

newsflash: you can make things light hearted or comedic without making them completely shitty. iron man 2 and 3 are both trash but iron man 3 is better than 2 so i guess it has that going for it. what a shame coming off a great effort in iron man 1!

Pretty much. Movie gaf doesn't know what they like. They loved dark serious Batman with a story until Avengers and now every super hero movie has to be super comical and light. Some complaining that the new Superman looks "too serious" because I guess it hints at struggles, a deeper story, and doesn't have Supes spitting one liners like RDJ.

We've all been saying that bro! You let your hatred of your elders cloud your judgement.

Weeden is the stop gap for this season and possibly next as we groom our true next youthier QB.
I'm sorry Based Kave Man.
There's also a part of me that wouldn't mind seeing Campbell start..

MechDX

I'm sorry Based Kave Man.
There's also a part of me that wouldn't mind seeing Campbell start..

He has sucked everywhere he has played. Why do you feel he would suddenly be improved?

I have never understood this mentality in the NFL. If after multiple attempts with multiple teams a QB still sucks he is never getting any better. VY is now basically out of the league after two teams but Campbell returns.

Hmmm, that was too easy? Wait, you don't want him?

You'll miss him when he's gone!

Blatantly stolen from TexansTalk:

Step 1.
Make pre-snap read (i.e., does defense have 11 men on field? defensive formation, cover scheme, blitz pkg unimportant)
If Yes: Call play. Go to step 2 to decide which play
If No: Wait until they do (call timeout as required)

Step 2.
Check distance to 1st down (known as "X").
If X>0 but <2 call run (preferably to Foster)
If X>2 but <8 call pass (preferably to A.J.)
If X>8 Run draw play

Here's a photo of Matt informing his guys that they are now on step two .

mattschaubhoustontexansvcarolinapantherslwfvntuvwhbl-e1346782663846.jpg

Here's a picture of Matt getting the taser helmet activated for calling an audible .

MAtt-Schaub-630x472.jpg

Predictable Gary is predictable. And stubborn, arrogant, pompous, idiotic, untouchable...

There. Straight from the mouth of the Packers franchise. Only Super Bowls count. Steelers best franchise ever!

Don't pretend like the steelers didn't start playing just a few years after the packers!

Not our fault your team didn't give a fuck about winning for the majority of your early history!

deacon and I came to an agreement, on behalf of the steelers and packers, that all championships from the 60's on count! Packers still in the lead!!! Woooooo

He has sucked everywhere he has played. Why do you feel he would suddenly be improved?

I have never understood this mentality in the NFL. If after multiple attempts with multiple teams a QB still sucks he is never getting any better. VY is now basically out of the league after two teams but Campbell returns.

Stop saying this. Go watch Campbell's games last year. He makes Weeden look like Otto Graham
I'm not saying Campbells a World beater but he's way better then you guys make him out to be, he does some things I like and way more mobile then Weeden. Let's not forget he was playing some pretty good football in Oakland before he got hurt. I don't even count that game he played last year with the bears with the oline he had
What if you guys have the second pick next year and Teddy doesn't go first?
We take Teddy or best Qb in our eyes not even a question. Getting Teddy would be a dream come true.
you don't have a mean bone in you stfu
Nori<3

MechDX

would you take tebow over schoob

no. Don't need him though, we have Collin Klein aka Tebow "Lite"

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexan...-see-collin-kleins-progress-as-a-quarterback/

&#8220;We&#8217;re going to take a look at him as a quarterback,&#8221; Kubiak said. &#8220;There&#8217;s been a lot of talk if he&#8217;d play tight end if he&#8217;d do this, if he&#8217;d do that. The bottom line is we&#8217;re bringing him in as a quarterback to see how far he&#8217;s come as a quarterback.&#8221;

Former NFL quarterback Jake Plummer, who Kubiak coached in Denver, has been working with Klein.

&#8220;We&#8217;ll see how much Jake has been able to teach him in a short period of time,&#8221; Kubiak said. &#8220;(Klein&#8217;s) a winner. Done a great job in college, so we&#8217;ll see.&#8221;

Godslay will get a raging boner when he reads this. Kubiak and Jake Plummer both working with him.

MechDX

It's okay, at least you know who Schaub is at this point. I'm still thinking Tannehill might actually be pretty good!

I used to feel that way. felt Schaub was actually pretty good but just had shitty pieces around him and he put up crazy numbers. Then the last 4 games of last season happened......

cajunator

Banned
Kave, your avatar has an awesome beard.
I kind of want to call it Keiselcat except that is the name of a Steeler lineman and you aint down with that.
but its still a fuckawesome name.

Top Bottom